Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cinrich

Dedicated player verse non dedicated players

24 comments in this topic

[NAVY]
Members
11 posts
6,474 battles

I believe World of Warships should separate  battles not based on what ships you have but by if you are a

"dedicated player" - one who plays all day eats, drinks, and lives this game.   I for one play to have fun and I CANNOT compete with these players with

their fancy emblems etc.  It is just not any FUN competing with these types of players, it takes all the fun out and Random Battles and should be

separate from these players.  Players like me just don't have the COMPUTER skills to compete.  Please change this...……………….

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 6

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
299 posts
5,243 battles

There is Co-Op and Operations game modes vs. Bots, more choices than any of the other WG titles.

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
3,024 posts
16,250 battles

The rewards are commensurate with skill, effort and time put in. Or good luck. Most often all 4. Quite a few players are Coop denizens. Play to your own taste. Just be aware that if you want a steel reward ship, you're not likely to get it for quite a while. So play Coop and ops and have fun doing it.

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
10,770 posts
21 minutes ago, cinrich said:

I believe World of Warships should separate  battles not based on what ships you have but by if you are a

"dedicated player" - one who plays all day eats, drinks, and lives this game.   I for one play to have fun and I CANNOT compete with these players with

their fancy emblems etc.  It is just not any FUN competing with these types of players, it takes all the fun out and Random Battles and should be

separate from these players.  Players like me just don't have the COMPUTER skills to compete.  Please change this...……………….

You realize that the "Dedicated players" you speak of, are such a small part of this game, they'd probably be waiting 5 minutes for a match...right?....:Smile_trollface:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 2

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,633 posts
2,633 battles

Had a Cv game just how. Could tell right away the monster skill gap. My cv had 8 carrier games to his account. The enemy? He was in the Langley for litterally his 1200th battle. 

Still surprised we won

• Funny 1

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles
1 hour ago, cinrich said:

You seem pretty dedicated to play a computer game where people win and lose without the computer skills

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,457 posts
9,422 battles

So, how do you propose they determine who falls into which category?

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles
4 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Sorry but only a dedicated player will be able to answer this

• Funny 2

[CRF]
Members
103 posts
5,126 battles
8 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I think this would be very difficult to do - would you base it on the rank of the player, or the number of games a player has played, or the ratio of games played in Co-op to overall games?  I mean I have played many games, mostly in Co-op, and feel that at best I am an average player.  I play to have fun and relieve stress bopping bots in Co-op.  I played 14 random games this weekend to finish off the PEF mission, and was on the winning team only twice, no matter how well I played - it was like I cursed the teams I was on.  Then went and played a co-op game and had fun...

Edited by sonoasailor

[O7]
Members
751 posts
13,616 battles

He says eat breath and sleep this game. Does that mean that myself and most of my clan are not dedicated? Because we maintain relationships and full time jobs... Sounds like being "dedicated" does not equal being "Good". I see what OP is going for but he will only find what he proposes in co-op. Trying to split the playerbase like this would have a large negative impact on the playerbase and game's profitability.

[LHG]
Members
1,911 posts
5,406 battles
2 hours ago, cinrich said:

Ok .... umm .... I think the correct answer here is NO.  NO. NO!!!

So, this happens in pretty much every game.  Some players are going to be better than you, some players are going to be worse and some will be at about your skill level.  So, if you enter a game populated by other human beings, there is going to be a skill gap either in your favor or to your detriment.  The same could be said about a game of Monopoly.  Sorry, it's just really hard to predetermine whether you will be the best or worst player in a particular match.

As others have suggested, if all you are interested in is just the fun of making a bunch of the red ships exploderate go fight the bots in Co-Op.  Even if you are an average player, you'll think you are the best naval player since the invention of Krupp Steel when playing against the bots.  It is, I admit, fun to obliterate a bunch of bots and while XP and Credit earnings are going to be lower,  you can still pull in enough to build your fleet so, that's probably a better choice for you.  

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

[RLGN]
Members
9,416 posts
18,821 battles

Play to ‘get the most out of my quarter...’

...not sure what category that puts me in.

[NAVY]
Members
11 posts
6,474 battles
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Ok .... umm .... I think the correct answer here is NO.  NO. NO!!!

So, this happens in pretty much every game.  Some players are going to be better than you, some players are going to be worse and some will be at about your skill level.  So, if you enter a game populated by other human beings, there is going to be a skill gap either in your favor or to your detriment.  The same could be said about a game of Monopoly.  Sorry, it's just really hard to predetermine whether you will be the best or worst player in a particular match.

As others have suggested, if all you are interested in is just the fun of making a bunch of the red ships exploderate go fight the bots in Co-Op.  Even if you are an average player, you'll think you are the best naval player since the invention of Krupp Steel when playing against the bots.  It is, I admit, fun to obliterate a bunch of bots and while XP and Credit earnings are going to be lower,  you can still pull in enough to build your fleet so, that's probably a better choice for you.  

YES YES YES, skill levels are in ALL parts of the world and in EVERY aspect of the world, you wouldn't best the worlds best player in CHESS against the average, there is just no comp.  If you were a COACH

and wanted to win, would you put your average player against their best??  NO duh.

[NAVY]
Members
11 posts
6,474 battles
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:19 PM, Bill_Halsey said:

The rewards are commensurate with skill, effort and time put in. Or good luck. Most often all 4. Quite a few players are Coop denizens. Play to your own taste. Just be aware that if you want a steel reward ship, you're not likely to get it for quite a while. So play Coop and ops and have fun doing it.

Skill levels are in ALL parts of the world and in EVERY aspect of the world, you wouldn't put the worlds best player in CHESS against the average, there is just no comp.  If you were a COACH

and wanted to win, would you put your average player against their best??  NO duh.

[NAVY]
Members
11 posts
6,474 battles
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, Kebobstuzov said:

He says eat breath and sleep this game. Does that mean that myself and most of my clan are not dedicated? Because we maintain relationships and full time jobs... Sounds like being "dedicated" does not equal being "Good". I see what OP is going for but he will only find what he proposes in co-op. Trying to split the playerbase like this would have a large negative impact on the playerbase and game's profitability.

Skill levels are in ALL parts of the world and in EVERY aspect of the world, you wouldn't put the worlds best player in CHESS against the average, there is just no comp.  If you were a COACH

[NAVY]
Members
11 posts
6,474 battles
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, Rickjoshi1765 said:

You seem pretty dedicated to play a computer game where people win and lose without the computer skills

[NAVY]
Members
11 posts
6,474 battles
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:19 PM, Bill_Halsey said:

That's the point how can one play a Random battle when you have SKILLED dedicated players that you just can't compete with, that is no fun.  Ones computer skills are a great factor I for one have to hunt and

peck on the key board, LOVE the game but the COMPUTER skills are quite a disadvantage.  You can tell easily who has the skills and who doesn't,  just look at the patches earned, simple..

[NAVY]
Members
11 posts
6,474 battles
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:03 PM, cinrich said:

That's the point how can one play a Random battle when you have SKILLED dedicated players that you just can't compete with, that is no fun.  Ones computer skills are a great factor I for one have to hunt and

peck on the key board, LOVE the game but the COMPUTER skills are quite a disadvantage.  You can tell easily who has the skills and who doesn't,  just look at the patches earned, simple

[TOG]
Members
3,024 posts
16,250 battles
2 hours ago, cinrich said:

peck on the key board, LOVE the game but the COMPUTER skills are quite a disadvantage.  You can tell easily who has the skills and who doesn't,  just look at the patches earned, simple..

Actually, it's the other way around. How do you play a random battle game knowing there are that many sub 40% W/R players on your side? The best reason not to install Matchmaking MX. i'd hit the ESC key more often than not.

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles
3 hours ago, cinrich said:

Have you ever seen in sports where a team that is the underdog wins?  In no aspect of the world does everything work so perfectly

[LA-UN]
Members
25 posts
5,086 battles
On 14/1/2019 at 16:11, digitaljustice said:

Hay modos de juego Cooperativo y Operaciones vs. Bots, más opciones que cualquiera de los otros títulos de WG.

On 14/1/2019 at 16:19, Bill_Halsey said:

Las recompensas son acordes con la habilidad, el esfuerzo y el tiempo invertido. O buena suerte. Más a menudo todos los 4. Bastantes jugadores son habitantes de Coop. Juega a tu gusto. Solo ten en cuenta que si quieres un barco de recompensa de acero, es probable que no lo obtengas por un buen tiempo. Así que juega Coop y operaciones y diviértete haciéndolo.

creo que resumen muy bien los escalafones de los jugadores y su posible sempeño en el mismo , si llegaste a nivel de t10 es porque seguramnete algo jugaste 

[NAVY]
Members
11 posts
6,474 battles
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:10 PM, Rickjoshi1765 said:

Have you ever seen in sports where a team that is the underdog wins?  In no aspect of the world does everything work so perfectly

Again no thought in ur words, RARELY does that happen "RARELY" being the key word dud.  You are one of those with the FANCEY badges because you play all the time and

are far superior with the key board, I just have NO chance, your BLIND to it because you are not computer challenged period.   SKILL level is in EVERY sport wake the hell up.

[-TXT-]
Members
169 posts
8,934 battles

The game is already split like the OP has asked 

Coop/ scenarios are based for those casual players who are unable to compete in basic pvp style games 

Randoms are for everyone to compete regardless of skill

RANKED and clan wars is where the elite go to play highly competitive games..... 

So his request is already been addressed and implemented. 

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles
21 minutes ago, cinrich said:

Again no thought in ur words, RARELY does that happen "RARELY" being the key word dud.  You are one of those with the FANCEY badges because you play all the time and

are far superior with the key board, I just have NO chance, your BLIND to it because you are not computer challenged period.   SKILL level is in EVERY sport wake the hell up.

I really don't see why it matters.  I mean it seems like you want to win more or do more in a game.  If you can't do as much because of some challenge you have then so what?  Is it because you are losing matches?  I don't understand why you would want this.  If you want some thought then here:

No matter the challenge at hand anyone can adapt and become good and maybe one day the best.  Thats what we have done in history.  People with extreme challenges have been able to do tons of things.  Im not making fun of you here, Im just saying that there is no reason why you can't get to a level where you can compete.  The battles are random.  I think that instead of trying to change the system so people can win, people can learn the game and win just like many others do.  

If you don't play all the time thats perfectly fine?  Why does this matter then?

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this