You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Pepper

new cv reworked

13 comments in this topic

[PS1HQ]
Members
34 posts
30,619 battles

I think (my opinion) the new way carriers are reworked makes them much less effective. Having only one squadron at a time limits the damage one can do to enemy fleet. I suspect players will choose not to play them and opt to stay with ships in order to get higher scores. I like the rework of carriers but find it hard to complete an attack before entire squadron is simply blown out of the sky. I will keep my mind open and hope when installed it will work better than what i experienced..

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts
20 minutes ago, Capt_Pepper said:

I think (my opinion) the new way carriers are reworked makes them much less effective. Having only one squadron at a time limits the damage one can do to enemy fleet. I suspect players will choose not to play them and opt to stay with ships in order to get higher scores. I like the rework of carriers but find it hard to complete an attack before entire squadron is simply blown out of the sky. I will keep my mind open and hope when installed it will work better than what i experienced..

dont bother wargaming did a full circle and buff aa after they had nerf the cv in everyway possible

the rework is a faillure now too bad but it is what it is

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
6 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

dont bother wargaming did a full circle and buff aa after they had nerf the cv in everyway possible

the rework is a faillure now too bad but it is what it is

Failure? Not entirely sure about that; except I don’t think anything will really change (re: the skill gap,) beyond carriers being considerably weaker.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Failure? Not entirely sure about that; except I don’t think anything will really change (re: the skill gap,) beyond carriers being considerably weaker.

yea its a faillure nerfed into the ground meanwhile the rework was meant to bring back cv players and new players to the game

its not gonna happen so it is a faillure

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles
45 minutes ago, Capt_Pepper said:

I think (my opinion) the new way carriers are reworked makes them much less effective.

This was the point of the rework.

45 minutes ago, Capt_Pepper said:

Having only one squadron at a time limits the damage one can do to enemy fleet.

Again, this was what was intended.

46 minutes ago, Capt_Pepper said:

I suspect players will choose not to play them and opt to stay with ships in order to get higher scores

You may be correct; but I don't think so.

47 minutes ago, Capt_Pepper said:

I like the rework of carriers but find it hard to complete an attack before entire squadron is simply blown out of the sky.

Now I like the rework!

47 minutes ago, Capt_Pepper said:

I will keep my mind open and hope when installed it will work better than what i experienced.

And I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it stays exactly the same!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

And I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it stays exactly the same!

At the moment I’m thinking a lot of destroyers drivers may find they won’t be as free from being harassed as they may think.

Less danger from instadeath by carrier, but from being harassed? Not so much.

Strong AA like you said means bigger ships should be safer at the beginning of games, meaning carriers will do nothing but spot, or will attempt to annoy the low hanging fruit, (capping destroyers, with rockets, something I became reasonably proficient in, in both the TST and PT.)

[WAG]
Members
464 posts
8,491 battles

I tried the PTS last night, and was pleasantly surprised by the CV play. I played maybe two games in Coop on the old RTS system, and may give the new CVs a try later this month.

• Cool 2

[USCC2]
Members
4,431 posts

I've been waiting ages to try CVs, as up until now I didn't see the point in trying them if they were destined to change.

I look forward to giving them a try.

[ADR]
Members
872 posts
6,102 battles

I think the rework is a step in the right direction but I feel it still needs a lot of work. I was not a cv player before. I played them a little mostly for missions. Now I am able to do 40k+ at tier 4 every game with ease, at tier 6 I was doing 60k+, I did struggle at tier 8 because the AA gets better and I was learning how to avoid flak so I struggled a lot. By tier 10 I had pretty much got the hang of avoiding flak and was doing 90k+ every game.

My biggest issues are the following, with my personal feeling of the solution following the -

1) flak is to easy to avoid once you get the hang of it. - I think flak needs to be a lot more random so it is much harder to avoid

2) flak is to brutal if you make a mistake and fly into it - lower the damage done from flak explosions so they don't just auto delete a squadron

3) continues AA dmg is way to weak. as long as you avoid the flak you can fly around 3-4 ships and it doesn't matter. - I feel continues AA needs to be doubled, tripled, or more so you have to leave the AA range between runs.

4) HE bombs seem pretty weak at the moment. - they just need a flat buff

5) lack of AA range it makes it almost impossible to provide AA support for friendlies - either increase the base range of AA or let the skills/upgrades increase the range like they use to.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles
4 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

At the moment I’m thinking a lot of destroyers drivers may find they won’t be as free from being harassed as they may think.

That would not surprise me in the least.

Less danger from instadeath by carrier, but from being harassed? Not so much.

It sort of goes with the ship type, no? Universal hatred of the ship which can take you out with one (torp) salvo?

Strong AA like you said means bigger ships should be safer at the beginning of games, meaning carriers will do nothing but spot, or will attempt to annoy the low hanging fruit, (capping destroyers, with rockets, something I became reasonably proficient in, in both the TST and PT.)

I saw in another post (and sorry, I can't remember which one as I suffer from Oldtimers Syndrome) that rockets rarely kill but farm damage and harassment both from the CV and the other ships on the Red team. I will also NOT be surprised to find out this is true either.

[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I saw in another post (and sorry, I can't remember which one as I suffer from Oldtimers Syndrome) that rockets rarely kill but farm damage and harassment both from the CV and the other ships on the Red team. I will also NOT be surprised to find out this is true either.

Pretty much not any good for the occasional module damage and fire, to possibly trigger a DCP. Not such a big deal in a singular incident; much less so in the middle of some other fight. They also make a good finisher, dang sure a better one than bombs have ever been.

You’ve likely seen other posts which (to put it mildly,) mark me as an opponent of the (obviously now inevitable) rework.

From playing the TST and PT I have realized there is one element of the new system I seem to have clicked with.

Rockets.

Yeah, it’s a shotgun weapon, but I’ve done well using ‘shotguns’ (Wyoming, New Mexico,) to hit destroyers, often at long ranges, and doing so requires being able to reads their movements.

Hitting one with rockets from up close is EASY.

Bombs still flummox me, torpedoes less so; but not being very good at dodging AA(*) makes those less useful to me.

(*) THIS is where the skill gap will be in the new system.

Members
570 posts
4,434 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Rockets are pure DD killers with the Midway.  The HVAR rockets are simple fire tools for any other ship.  The Tiny Tim's can damage larger ships but they are not near as effective as HE bombs...and are far less effective against DD's.  I don't really see much of an advantage to them...yet.

Regardless, for those who run DD's like myself, the HVAR rockets from the attack planes on the Midway are specific DD killers.  You get 48 of them (in 4 waves of 12 rockets each) that do max 2k damage and wreck modules and start fires.  Decreasing the speed of the planes helped mitigate the extreme danger for DD's in the last PTS...but the threat is still real.

Edit: The PTS looks to be down so that may be it until the next and final test phase.  

Edited by Uber_Ghost

[WAG]
Members
464 posts
8,491 battles

Didn't get a chance to test, but I figure rockets will also be good for resetting caps.