You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

I seem to be having a phase where my very first game ever in a ship is great...

26 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
5,502 posts
2,626 battles

First the Nagato, now this little beast. I just got her today from a Santa Crate and, to quote Humphrey Bogart, "I think this may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

1745038794_Kidd1.thumb.PNG.0b9934b83ecf77354b9bc9714391d1c2.PNG

514289154_Kidd2.thumb.PNG.ad7a803ed4d45eef6cb45b5f99b4cbba.PNG

649787610_Kidd3.thumb.PNG.59585c7f696f705fb8025625c15efe77.PNG148180207_Kidd4.thumb.PNG.52e02a66e4d540f1bea152918f237dc6.PNG577478924_Kidd5.thumb.PNG.31d765ff323b1577ee4349bb74057c52.PNG

[RED]
Members
148 posts
9,752 battles
4 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

First the Nagato, now this little beast. I just got her today from a Santa Crate and, to quote Humphrey Bogart, "I think this may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

1745038794_Kidd1.thumb.PNG.0b9934b83ecf77354b9bc9714391d1c2.PNG

514289154_Kidd2.thumb.PNG.ad7a803ed4d45eef6cb45b5f99b4cbba.PNG

649787610_Kidd3.thumb.PNG.59585c7f696f705fb8025625c15efe77.PNG148180207_Kidd4.thumb.PNG.52e02a66e4d540f1bea152918f237dc6.PNG577478924_Kidd5.thumb.PNG.31d765ff323b1577ee4349bb74057c52.PNG

How did you get a tech tree ship in a Santa crate?

• Boring 1

Alpha Tester
5,502 posts
2,626 battles
1 minute ago, custer_14 said:

How did you get a tech tree ship in a Santa crate?

The Kidd is a premium ship. That's how.

[YARRR]
Members
596 posts
4,879 battles

It is how the game is programmed.  Your first few matches are always pretty good, then the bottom falls out.

I've seen it happen too many times for it to be a coincidence.

• Cool 5

[VW]
Members
2,189 posts
13,421 battles
26 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

It is how the game is programmed.  Your first few matches are always pretty good, then the bottom falls out.

This is absolutely right. The mm favors you forst three games or so. In tech tree lines the last two or three before you earn enough xp to unlock the next ship are the same.

• Boring 1

Members
1,917 posts
509 battles
57 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

29 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

This is absolutely right. The mm favors you forst three games or so. In tech tree lines the last two or three before you earn enough xp to unlock the next ship are the same.

rMzCgqR.jpg

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Funny 2

[HYDRO]
Members
2,257 posts
4,211 battles
20 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

rMzCgqR.jpg

Laugh about tinfoil theories, but there is a precedent in WoT.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
4,918 posts
11,844 battles
1 hour ago, ElAurens said:

Indeed.  If every match I've ever played turned out like the first few matches in nearly every ship I've unlocked, I'd be an 85% Dark Purple Hyper-Unicum.

[TOG]
Members
3,031 posts
16,305 battles
1 hour ago, ElAurens said:

Mine is the opposite. The first game is terribad. The 3rd one is when it turns around.

Members
1,917 posts
509 battles
22 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Laugh about tinfoil theories, but there is a precedent in WoT.

WOT has a forum... perhaps you should go there....with heresy and confirmation bias....there are players who are above 80% and those below 40, so your theories are just theories and opinions of bad games....no one here has ever had indisputable proof of any conspiracy to keep the player base at bay with rigged battles and MM... just accusations and speculation... its shameful... but everyone has to have a reason to be bad, and they blame WG instead of getting better... I aint good at all, and I blame MYSELF... whats your excuse??

and BTW confirmation bias is not PRECEDENT...its just one guy saying why he is not doing well... and not accepting blame for not doing well...

7WKcHxO.png

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Bad 2

[LEGIT]
Members
1,491 posts
23,042 battles

I've had this happen to me so many times.  First battle is awesome, then BLAP!  It then takes time to figure out the ship and if I'll do well in her.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,257 posts
4,211 battles
1 minute ago, neptunes_wrath said:

WOT has a forum... perhaps you should go there....with heresy and confirmation bias....

Am just pointing out there is something similar going on in WoT; Even a WG employee confirmed it as you can find on the link of the reddit thread. Is it tinfoil and conspiracy theory to say there could be similarities between the two games as far as the first few battles are concerned?

Members
1,917 posts
509 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Am just pointing out there is something similar going on in WoT; Even a WG employee confirmed it as you can find on the link of the reddit thread. Is it tinfoil and conspiracy theory to say there could be similarities between the two games as far as the first few battles are concerned?

well there is no arguing with facts...

\wait....

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[VW]
Members
2,189 posts
13,421 battles
11 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

WOT has a forum... perhaps you should go there....with heresy and confirmation bias....there are players who are above 80% and those below 40, so your theories are just theories and opinions of bad games....no one here has ever had indisputable proof of any conspiracy to keep the player base at bay with rigged battles and MM... just accusations and speculation... its shameful... but everyone has to have a reason to be bad, and they blame WG instead of getting better... I aint good at all, and I blame MYSELF... whats your excuse??

and BTW confirmation bias is not PRECEDENT...its just one guy saying why he is not doing well... and not accepting blame for not doing well...

7WKcHxO.png

Stop using words you don’t understand. Somebody once said confirmation bias now you spurt it whenever you see someone saying something you dont comprehend

• Funny 1

[GT99]
Members
409 posts
6,447 battles

Happens all the time, I did not realize it till recently but there is a pattern, first few game I will beat the brakes off of ya, after that I'm back in the corner crying like a child lol....

[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,255 battles
15 hours ago, ElAurens said:

14 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

This is absolutely right. The mm favors you first three games or so. In tech tree lines the last two or three before you earn enough xp to unlock the next ship are the same.

2 hours ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Happens all the time, I did not realize it till recently but there is a pattern, first few game I will beat the brakes off of ya, after that I'm back in the corner crying like a child lol....

Wait a Goddam minute … I thought it was just me :)

Yes, this happens all the time and I always ask myself … what the hell happened?

I like this conspiracy theory!

[YARRR]
Members
596 posts
4,879 battles

No conspiracy,  just a comment based on observation, and talking to others that I know personally that play the game. 

[-K-]
Members
1,117 posts
7,642 battles

I distinctly remember suboctavian mentioning that there was a MM "nice mode" for the first few battles in a new ship.  It was several years ago and it'll probably take me hours to find it, but I'll try.  It's possible I'm remembering wrong and it's also possible they've removed it if it did exist.  

Edited by RightYouAreKen

Members
1,917 posts
509 battles
7 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Stop using words you don’t understand. Somebody once said confirmation bias now you spurt it whenever you see someone saying something you dont comprehend

you really are apiece of work... I dont have to be burdened with proof #1... #2  only people who seem to NOT grasp the game as well as others scream that MM is rigged, and other factors that they are bad, except the fact that they are just BAD at the game.. Most people who rant and whine about MM and bad ships and such are sub par players.. I have not seen a player over 60% rant and whine about MM the way this guy is...
And it has already been pointed out that this guy is just bad... and that bad is brought into the WR equation. and adds to the lessr % of WR..
Remember lower % have a bigger effect on dropping the WR% than higher number % WR do.. there is no proof needed, its basic math..
If you lose a game your WR% drops farther than if you were to win a game.. and after thousands of  battels it has a bigger effect. although not lrger NUMBERS.. a loss drops WR more than a win brings it up..
Now the fact that you yourself are as good as most of the above average player base (like me) Seems to make you think more on the side of conspiracy and then you would need PROOF that MM is rigged to make YOU fail (what about the other 11 members of the team?) And poor you...
Well thats not true, and you cannot prove its true.. I DO NOT HAVE TO PROVE ITS NOT TRUE, because it is just simply NOT TRUE.,. there are no numbers to prove that validity of a rigged GAME.. and the numbers of the entire player base PROVES THAT.. if it was rigged NO ONE WOULD BE ABOVE A CERTAIN NUMBER THAT WE WOULD ALL BE HELD AT BECAUSE MM WOULD MAKE EVERYONE (lets say...) 55%... and if you went ABOVE 55% the MM would group you all on one team to lose 4 games to bring you down to about 54 53%... it onlt takes a few games to drop about, on average, 1-1.5% per loss... and you would go up about a half percent a win, after a fewe thousand games...
Now I know EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW about all the words I use.. you come here and sput all this [edited], without knowing me (the real me not this account) and think, "ah, this guy doesnt know a thing with 500 games or so) well you are wrong, and every single word you have said is wrong..
the proof that the game is not rigged is in the ENTIRE PLAYER BASE... the proof that it is rigged has NEVER EVER been shown and can never be... 

Now go crawl back under that GD rock you came out of you POS TROLL and stop being someone that has NO CLUE what he is talking about and come to intimidate someone he MISCALCULATED as a child... you are nothing, and your "OPINION" means less than nothing to me, and everyone else that knows YOU and all the other tinfoil hat wearing trolls are just that... Trolls that come here to start flame wars...
I have no use for you at all, and my ignore list grows daily... YOU sir are awarded no points, and my GOD have mercy on your soul...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

• Boring 1

Members
1,917 posts
509 battles
7 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

You dont have any proving the contrary either. We have our observations, and are clearly more attentive than you.

Oh really, I am sorry I did not realize that you having an OBSERVATION is an actual FACT and is UNDISPUTED PROOF that it is actually TRUE, not just something you THINK IS TRUE CAUSE OF A HANDFUL OF GAMES...
Really??
my bad...

[VW]
Members
2,189 posts
13,421 battles
4 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

you really are apiece of work... I dont have to be burdened with proof #1... #2  only people who seem to NOT grasp the game as well as others scream that MM is rigged, and other factors that they are bad, except the fact that they are just BAD at the game.. Most people who rant and whine about MM and bad ships and such are sub par players.. I have not seen a player over 60% rant and whine about MM the way this guy is...
And it has already been pointed out that this guy is just bad... and that bad is brought into the WR equation. and adds to the lessr % of WR..
Remember lower % have a bigger effect on dropping the WR% than higher number % WR do.. there is no proof needed, its basic math..
If you lose a game your WR% drops farther than if you were to win a game.. and after thousands of  battels it has a bigger effect. although not lrger NUMBERS.. a loss drops WR more than a win brings it up..
Now the fact that you yourself are as good as most of the above average player base (like me) Seems to make you think more on the side of conspiracy and then you would need PROOF that MM is rigged to make YOU fail (what about the other 11 members of the team?) And poor you...
Well thats not true, and you cannot prove its true.. I DO NOT HAVE TO PROVE ITS NOT TRUE, because it is just simply NOT TRUE.,. there are no numbers to prove that validity of a rigged GAME.. and the numbers of the entire player base PROVES THAT.. if it was rigged NO ONE WOULD BE ABOVE A CERTAIN NUMBER THAT WE WOULD ALL BE HELD AT BECAUSE MM WOULD MAKE EVERYONE (lets say...) 55%... and if you went ABOVE 55% the MM would group you all on one team to lose 4 games to bring you down to about 54 53%... it onlt takes a few games to drop about, on average, 1-1.5% per loss... and you would go up about a half percent a win, after a fewe thousand games...
Now I know EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW about all the words I use.. you come here and sput all this [edited], without knowing me (the real me not this account) and think, "ah, this guy doesnt know a thing with 500 games or so) well you are wrong, and every single word you have said is wrong..
the proof that the game is not rigged is in the ENTIRE PLAYER BASE... the proof that it is rigged has NEVER EVER been shown and can never be... 

Now go crawl back under that GD rock you came out of you POS TROLL and stop being someone that has NO CLUE what he is talking about and come to intimidate someone he MISCALCULATED as a child... you are nothing, and your "OPINION" means less than nothing to me, and everyone else that knows YOU and all the other tinfoil hat wearing trolls are just that... Trolls that come here to start flame wars...
I have no use for you at all, and my ignore list grows daily... YOU sir are awarded no points, and my GOD have mercy on your soul...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Do you get paid by the word?