You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

26 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,337 posts
8,949 battles

Played a fair bit Saturday, more wins than losses (pulled a carry in my Missouri, if remember right), couple losses were from suiciding potatoes, and joined my clan for a couple clan battles where I brought Yamato but got nuked badly.

Need more maps! Wasn't that bothered to play Sunday because of that reason. Could grind to the Alsace, Harugumo, Gearing, and Henri, but not really motivated to sit through so much. Russian idea of fun is long grinds?

[TDD]
Members
1,012 posts
8,219 battles

not inspired to play at all myself....hopefully Alaska, when it comes, will change that. If not ...oh well.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,283 posts
10,449 battles

Played lightly this weekend. Small break from the fantastic holiday events. Messed around on the test server a bit.

Main effort was leveling Archer in BDO

[TDG]
Members
1,526 posts
6,987 battles

My wife and I drove to Atlanta for the weekend.

We listened to great music and spent time with good friends.

5 fps is not enough to play, and that is all my Chromebook will do.

I will be picking up the Directive 4 Tasks tonight.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles

OH MY GOD, THE FREAKING PEF.

I had the opportunity to play VERY late on both Friday and Saturday night, and I went to town. Did the two-ship cash grind (PEF and mostly Neptune; Cossack did some fill-in when Neptune was exceedingly long coming back from a co-op game), but Neptune was done before the weekend and everything else was a massive PEF-a-thon. Unfortunately, lack of using the PEF for other things meant that I then had to do the 3m cash grind for Nerves of Steel (there was very little overlap). 

Tried running her in Raptor Rescue, but on the first go the carrier didn't enter the finishing circle (even though we'd killed everything) and on the second my team potatoed badly and died. Co-op was actually better per-hour moneymaker.

Last night I just derped in co-op. Good times. Very relaxing.

Three things: 

1) I have over a hundred thousand XP on Prinz Eitel Friedrich and I am temporarily sick of this ship. She's a keeper and I like her, but I need to put her aside for a bit and devote my efforts to tech-tree grinds. The final battle to finish out Nerves of Steel was pretty alright, though: 5000XP and four kills with almost-a-fifth isn't a bad note on which to park her for a bit.

2) I had no idea how much steel I could get. I thought I had hardly any when this whole PEF/Snowflake thing started, but as 0.7.12 winds its way to a close I'm sitting on just over six thousand. Halfway to the Flint.

3) I am roughly 140,000 XP away from the Minotaur. I have 75,000 free XP and almost enough cash. Oh, and 7000 doubloons burning a hole in my pocket. I know, I should complete the grind with the Neptune the honest way, mine a few million more credits and have more than enough cash to deck her out in modules at the end. But this would be my first completed T10 grind, and part of me just wants it OVER WITH. :Smile-angry:

Members
1,551 posts
13,195 battles

Got a very late start on the PFE campaign due to great holiday season.  So, now down to the 4mill credits portion after some work this weekend but still have about 17 million credits to get the PFE to start the other grinds.  From board feedback, not really looking forward to all the PFE play to get the 2019 in steel, but really need so I can decide between the Flint and Black (no real chance for Stalingrad).  

With a late start of ranked sprint, played a few this weekend, but stalled out at rank 4.  

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,979 posts
4,860 battles

My weekend was basically a unmitigated disaster. I wasn't fighting against 12 enemies in matches, but 23. My win rate sunk faster than Leonardo DiCaprio in Titanic.

[SIM]
Members
3,017 posts
4,807 battles

I played a bit this weekend after a week off (2019 remains a crappy experience, even two weeks in). I completed all of the Steel for Casulz events over the weekend, after tarting out my Eitel and my Indianapolis up with as much garish camo and credit earning laundry as possible. The Eitel still doesn’t impress me, and I found myself running the Indianapolis based on a topic that was posted here over the weekend. I did ok in both ships. I also had a pretty nasty round in my Black on Friday night, in which I was able to punish smoke camping cruisers with sea mines, grab a couple of caps, and run down some enemy DDs with the assistance of radar and teammates who actually believed in teamwork. It was neat to see the ship working-as-intended.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
886 posts

Finished all of the grind to get the PEF.  Almost all in CO-OP.  

As I thought - I was doing it strictly for the tier VI perm camos and steel. 

I do not prefer the PEF.

Edit:

Finished the Halsey star grind ICW the PEF.  Now for the final mission tasker to have him ready to take the Lexington upon 0.8.0 release.

Edited by jmanII
Halsey missions

[DRACS]
Members
4,094 posts

Barely playing these days as other games have my attention (especially Elite since DW2 just launched yesterday), but when I did play this weekend, it was mostly to get rid of snowflakes, have been nearly entirely in coop (except for two games), and have been 'under the influence', lol.

I did pick up Kronshtadt, mind you. Fun ship. Glad I grabbed her before she disappears in a few weeks.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,471 posts
10,162 battles

I had a surprisingly good Saturday & Sunday, playing far above my norm with a 70% WR playing randoms solo for the 6 x 4 million credit grind finishing 4 of the 6, but as always Friday stunk to high heaven.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,784 posts
12,155 battles

I haven't played much in a few weeks.  logged in yesterday and did ok.  Off work today, and 0-10 so far.  The teams I am drawing are literally uncarriable.

Members
932 posts
2,399 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

My weekend was basically a unmitigated disaster. I wasn't fighting against 12 enemies in matches, but 23. My win rate sunk faster than Leonardo DiCaprio in Titanic.

We had the same weekend then I ended the Saturday session with a headache.

[WOLFA]
Members
126 posts
6,832 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

"I'm sitting on just over six thousand. Halfway to the Flint"

If you use the Ship Coupon in the Arsenal, you will only need 8,700 for the Flint, which means you are over two-thirds of the way there.

Be sure to research the Mino as much as you can before putting in all the hard grinding to get it. The mino definitely can be worth all the work, but only if you don't treat it and don't play it like any other cruiser in the game. If you play it like a typical T10 Cruiser, you will be quickly disappointed. Learn all the stealth tactics required for this ship, and be aware that Co Op is not the place to practice them.

[H_]
Members
339 posts
8,304 battles

Friday night I played for a bit but was getting stomped so hard and so often I just hung it up, nothing I did was even remotely correct.. LOL..  Saturday was somewhat better with some "good to great" games and some not so much..  Played a bunch of the scenario, frustration kept bringing me back because it's not that difficult?   Sunday another mix of decent games mixed with some really horrible ones. 

One good thing, looks like I have enough to get to the Gearing and am almost to the KHAB.. so  choices coming :).

Don't really care if I get the PEF.. seems decent but eh..  

On the scenario note, just out of curiosity has there been a Tier 9 or Tier 10 scenario?  That might be pretty interesting.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles
Just now, BlueByYou said:

If you use the Ship Coupon in the Arsenal, you will only need 8,700 for the Flint

True, but I burned the last one just after Christmas getting the Salem, so I'm coupon-less until mid-June or thereabouts. That doesn't matter much, as accumulating either the steel for Flint/Black (choice not yet clear) or the coal for Jean Bart will almost certainly take me at least that long anyway. Whichever comes first gets the June coupon and the other one is for Christmas.

I nominated the Flint because it's the cheaper steel ship. The question of whether I really need it if I already have the Atlanta, and would be better served by obtaining a T9 radar destroyer that isn't pan-Asian, does raise its ugly head, but I can cross that bridge when I (eventually) come to it.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,496 posts
919 battles

Had a couple hours yesterday, so I jumped on to run through my Italian ships.  Was only 40k commander xp away from my 14th skill point, and finally getting IFHE on my CL captain.  First match in the Cesare was good, 50k damage and a win, nothing spectacular.  Next 3 matches in d'Aosta were all losses, including one in Raptor Rescue. :(  Never even made it to Abruzzi before my time ran out. Still, I'm now only 24k captain xp away from IFHE, so there is that.

Members
357 posts
4,306 battles

Yeah… add me to the PEF grind fest. (I started with 3333 battles according to the forum... and now have 3475 as I write ths) I marathon played more than I want to admit this weekend, and it was far from, healthy.... 

One 10 hour session on Friday-Saturday, and an 18 Hour session on Saturday-Sunday. And additional 4 hour session on Sunday-Monday before bed... which was around 2am Monday morning... with me having to be at work 8am Monday (was 5 minutes late...oops).

In that time I've unlocked the PEF Ship with the America, Japan, Pan-Asia, German, French, and, Russian lines, and currently working on unlocking the Nurnberg perma camo. Plus I have 1 more 24 hour Premium reward, from the current Collection… I guess I'll activate it next Saturday.

I attempted to play the PEF to get the rewards for some more nations, but I'm not gonna make it a priority. I'm not sure I'll make the 21st/22nd deadline. Plus the rewards of the PEF Campaign look more appealing to me, with it's 5 perma camo and the 3 ships that I would no longer need to grind out myself, plus receive free port slots with (I already have the Dallas and Nurnberg... I wonder if the game will give me 2 free ports for those, I doubt it will...)

Edited by Hydra_360ci

[TDG]
Members
1,526 posts
6,987 battles
22 minutes ago, Hydra_360ci said:

I wonder if the game will give me 2 free ports for those, I doubt it will...

You will get the Port Slot, the 3-point commander, and the silver value for any ship you already have.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,016 posts
9,131 battles

I bought the PEF early but ultimately did not use it that much to get through Directive 4.  I followed my 'plan' to just play somewhat my normal play of Randoms and some Ops.  My expectation is that I would get through it all by the end of the day Sunday but that realistically I would certainly be done by this coming Wednesday.  As it turns out I didn't play one day and I still completed it Sunday afternoon.  I thought I might accelerate the process by doing more than the normal amount of Ops but the dysfunction of random Ops teams meant 2 out of 3 Raptor Rescues failed.

So, I reverted to playing only Randoms and the credits came pretty quickly.  I finished quicker than I expected because the losses were much more profitable than I expected (T7+ Premiums).  I had one Jean Bart loss that grossed 1.5 million credits.  Another loss and a couple of wins in that ship put me over the top for Italy.  The other nations went pretty much the same way.  Ironic, but I think the German mission took the highest number of battles to complete.  I didn't count but it didn't take me more than 8 battles to finish each of the 6 nations.  Probably 40 - 45 battles in total.

[WOLF2]
Members
396 posts
6,479 battles

Got just enough steel to pick up the Black.  Then actually got a SC with 1500 steel after.

Completed 4 of 6 credit missions for the PEF,  just the French and German ones left. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,536 posts

I played a ton this weekend.   Ended up finishing both the US and French cash grinds, and have Germany at the halfway mark.   Several of the minor nations, too- thanks to PEF.   Along the way, I stuck around to get all 3 containers and do both coal missions both days- plus ground out 5 more stars towards Halsey, and now have three of the free ship missions done.  Whew!

Yesterday, I finally finished the Alsace grind!!  Today I plan on buying Republique, for my 4th tier 10.  Alsace is very definitely a keeper.

I discovered that I actually LIKE Le Terrible AND Aigle.  Not very good with them- but they ARE fun to play, lol.

Cleveland finally clicked, and now I'm doing pretty good in it- freakin took long enough, lol.

Ashitaka continues to be the darling of my IJN fleet.  The Kobayashi camo was worth the 6k doubloons for these cash missions alone, lol.  (and it's not goofy looking!!)

PEF was permanently retired to the trash heap.  All upgrades were demounted and used on other ships.   No amount of steels are worth the pain of playing this stupid thing...  A typically WoWS German BB- rubbish main battery that's incredibly frustrating to use...

Completely by surprise, I had my best game of the weekend in my New Orleans of all ships.   Ended up alone on a flank, after allies either ran or got deaded- and proceeded to murder 3 different ships- then go looking for more, lol!   THIS is why I like American CA'S: the AP is murderous at mid to close range.   For whatever reason ( NOT complaining btw, lol) NOLA just likes me.

I've also managed to wring some good games out of Indy, lately as well.

[HAP-F]
Members
31 posts
3,414 battles

Well the weekend was good for me. I started the huge grind for the nations on the fourth directive on Thursday and, I got them done on Saturday night and got the Doubloon value of the PEF. It was a good thing I got the ship on the first day it was available for purchase. Completed the Belle Epoch collection on Friday night when I completed the first 5 of the nations directive. I had to take a break on Sunday and played a little today. I got the last free  tech tree ship on the Mighty Prinz tasks and also finished the Nerves of Steel task. I just need to finish the last tasks on the Mighty Prinz  campaign to get the permanent camo for the PEF and I will be truly done with this event. Still this has been an exhausting event and a huge grind for me. Thank god I bought the ship instead of trying to earn her. I really would not be where I'm at if I did not get her.