You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

PSA Guineas converted to credits on Update 8.0 on Jan 23rd

34 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles

FYI!

Guineas are converted to credits on Update 8.0 which is scheduled for Wed, Jan 23rd. That is Wednesday next week.

Each Guinea is worth 100,000 credits. If you have not purchased Cossack in the Arsenal for Guineas, you still can until the update. The max Guineas you could have earn in game is 48 and Cossack costs 50 Guineas.

There was a one-time deal for each person in the online premium shop, can't go through the game client, for 10 Guineas for $1. If you have not taken advantage of that special offer, do so soonest. You can also buy Guineas themselves in the shop if you are still short. An $11 Cossack is still a good deal if you need 20 Guineas and haven't done the special yet. Take care of your Guineas before the update to get Cossack if you need to.

• Cool 5

[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles

One of us had better repost this info next Tuesday evening. By that time, this post will be down on page sixty gazillion or something, drowned out by all the screaming and wailing (some of it justified) about aircraft carriers and Prinz Eitel Friedrich Directive 4.

Thursday week, 10 days from now, I expect a salt-splosion from the Unholy Trinity of...

1) Carrier rework. Any sympathy I have for people upset with this will be proportional to how calmly and rationally they state their viewpoints.

2) "I did not have enough time to finish the PEF Directive 4 cash grind." These people will have my unqualified sympathy.

3) "OMFG I was just about to buy Cossack; what happened to my 48 guineas?" These people will not.

It will be both glorious and depressing, and this company will have more money than God.

[90TH]
Members
578 posts
8,673 battles

I have about 20 of these things. Is the Cossack worth twenty or so bucks to buy the rest of the currency?

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,703 posts

LWM does a good job reviewing it..  I found the smoke and torpedoes short but the guns were fun.  Of the two T8 UK DDs I prefer the Lightening since it has more torps and a much more comfy turret setup.

12 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

I have about 20 of these things. Is the Cossack worth twenty or so bucks to buy the rest of the currency?

• Cool 1

[90TH]
Members
578 posts
8,673 battles
5 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

LWM does a good job reviewing it..  I found the smoke and torpedoes short but the guns were fun.  Of the two T8 UK DDs I prefer the Lightening since it has more torps and a much more comfy turret setup.

Thanks brohan

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles
19 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Not news - if you hover your cursor over the ginny's in the arsenal it tells you the date they go away.

You would be surprised at how many people will not see notices like that.

2 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:
16 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

I like Cossack and it got a buff since LWM did the review. I can not remember if she updated the review or not after the buff.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,397 posts
7,263 battles
18 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Not news - if you hover your cursor over the ginny's in the arsenal it tells you the date they go away.

Of course it's "not news," to those who read the WG news pages or pay attention on the forums. This PSA is not for those individuals.

Just like it is "not news" that this PSA was forthcoming. Such an announcement was planned by Kizarvexis since the schedule for the event became known.

This PSA IS for the seemingly ever-present collection of folks who end up caught unaware that an event has ended, was ending, or ended a early, or "didn't have enough time" to convert their event items, etc. Several of us posting in this thread, including the OP, were of the opinion, at the outset of the event, or even before,  that even with a month between the earning of the last Guinea and the deadline to cash in the same, would be caught off-guard.

34 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

if you hover your cursor over the ginny's in the arsenal

Bet it also tells you how to spell....awwww, skip it.

• Cool 2

[90TH]
Members
578 posts
8,673 battles
14 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Bet it also tells you how to spell....awwww, skip it.

It's a disrespectful term so we may as well disrespect it back by misspelling it.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles
12 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

This PSA IS for the seemingly ever-present collection of folks who end up caught unaware that an event has ended, was ending, or ended a early, or "didn't have enough time" to convert their event items, etc

To be charitable about it - because the tasks in the RN Cossack-a-thon completed automatically, I'm sure there is a small cadre of people who just played casually (at some level of casual that I will never hope to match) and wound up with 48 guineas in their Arsenal having not cared or paid any attention at all to this event, and don't realise that they are just one US dollar away from a Tier 8 premium destroyer, with just over a week to run.

Anyone who played their guts out and put in a massive increase over their normal playing hours in order to be able to get the Cossack tasks done has no excuse. They should have bought their ten-for-one plus however many more they needed (if any) and grabbed the ship long ago. I punched the ticket for mine the instant I got to fifty, and now I don't have to care about the eight I still have lying around.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles
3 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

It's a disrespectful term

It's a legitimate name for a unit of currency in British English, which predates any improper use elsewhere. 

• Cool 1

[90TH]
Members
578 posts
8,673 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's a legitimate name for a unit of currency in British English, which predates any improper use elsewhere. 

This has been gone over before. Where do you think that name comes from?

[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles
Just now, Pytheas said:

This has been gone over before. Where do you think that name comes from?

I don't care; keep your PC horsetwaddle out of this.

[90TH]
Members
578 posts
8,673 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Folded like a cheap suit.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles
Just now, Pytheas said:

Folded like a cheap suit.

NO, I simply don't care for you or anyone else bringing political correctness into this. But for what it's worth, I am well aware of its use as an insult against persons of Italian extraction, AND BECAUSE THAT DESCRIBES ME, I retain the right to not give a damn.

Now take your PC horsetwaddle and shove it down your funnel.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,560 posts
4,805 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

the ginny was the (slang) name for a Guinea which was replaced by the pound in 1816.  When revalued the Guinea was worth £1 1shilling and is still a term used today notably in auctions and selling of horses.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles
1 minute ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

the ginny was the (slang) name for a Guinea which was replaced by the pound in 1816.  When revalued the Guinea was worth £1 1shilling and is still a term used today notably in auctions and selling of horses.

Which is why I can't understand what Pytheas's fuss was all about.

[90TH]
Members
578 posts
8,673 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

NO, I simply don't care for you or anyone else bringing political correctness into this. But for what it's worth, I am well aware of its use as an insult against persons of Italian extraction, AND BECAUSE THAT DESCRIBES ME, I retain the right to not give a damn.

Now take your PC horsetwaddle and shove it down your funnel.

It's not really about italians here, friendo. And you did fold. You folded hard. It really doesn't have anything to do with correctness either. Some people can handle keeping it real and some can't. You are the latter. Maybe you should read more.

[90TH]
Members
578 posts
8,673 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Which is why I can't understand what Pytheas's fuss was all about.

What's the historical genesis of that word?

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,560 posts
4,805 battles
4 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

What's the historical genesis of that word?

Derived from the name Virginia which is derived from the Latin Verginius (springlike, flourishing), an old Roman family name which has its root in the Latin ver (spring).  Some say it's also a derivative of the medieval name Guinevere.

• Cool 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
586 posts
1,216 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

One of us had better repost this info next Tuesday evening. By that time, this post will be down on page sixty gazillion or something, drowned out by all the screaming and wailing (some of it justified) about aircraft carriers and Prinz Eitel Friedrich Directive 4.

Thursday week, 10 days from now, I expect a salt-splosion from the Unholy Trinity of...

1) Carrier rework. Any sympathy I have for people upset with this will be proportional to how calmly and rationally they state their viewpoints.

2) "I did not have enough time to finish the PEF Directive 4 cash grind." These people will have my unqualified sympathy.

3) "OMFG I was just about to buy Cossack; what happened to my 48 guineas?" These people will not.

It will be both glorious and depressing, and this company will have more money than God.

The problem is that they won't visit the forums until they realize their error, then they'll come to the forums to complain...just can't fix stupid.  Why be proactive when you can be reactive, right?

Anyway, I was 20 guineas short, so I spent $20 and bought the Cossack...half price for a T8 that's been running pretty decent for me is a good deal.  I don't necessarily miss the 2nd torp launcher as the reload on the single one is a lot faster, so it seems like it doesn't gimp it by much.  I do love the pew-pew power on it as well, which is what got me hooked on the Brit DD's starting with Jervis (Icarus and Acasta were meh).  I have unlocked the Lightning already, just need the credits to buy it now...:Smile_coin:

[A-I-M]
Members
1,397 posts
7,263 battles
54 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Some people can handle keeping it real and some can't. You are the latter. Maybe you should read more.

I call bullsh**. Complete and utter bullsh** on YOU!!

YOU are the one who can't bring himself to spell a WORD by its REAL spelling. Who is REALLY the one who can't keep it real here??? Maybe you should THINK more.

You insult good, honest, hardworking PC horsetwaddle everywhere by elevating this clown's drivel to that level.

[90TH]
Members
578 posts
8,673 battles
16 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I call bullsh**. Complete and utter bullsh** on YOU!!

YOU are the one who can't bring himself to spell a WORD by its REAL spelling. Who is REALLY the one who can't keep it real here??? Maybe you should THINK more.

You insult good, honest, hardworking PC horsetwaddle everywhere by elevating this clown's drivel to that level.

This isn't political correctness. If someone were to use the n word but mispronounced it or misspelled it would you correct them? I wouldn't. It's a crap word and who cares if it's spelled wrong. A disrespectful word doesn't deserve someone popping in and going "hey it's spelled with an ER!" But hey I know that some people, and you may be one that uses the word pretty regularly, and it's not because you sing along to Tupac's stuff.

[NNA]
Members
309 posts
6,801 battles

Agreed. Used as a currency long before it was stupidly used as a derogatory name. Do we have to do anything to get this conversion to credits or will WG make the conversion automatically? I think I have like 10 or 15 of them.

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles
Just now, WestPac_CG22 said:

Agreed. Used as a currency long before it was stupidly used as a derogatory name. Do we have to do anything to get this conversion to credits or will WG make the conversion automatically? I think I have like 10 or 15 of them.

It is automatic when update 8.0 drops. If you have 10, then you get 1M credits. If you have 15, you get 1.5M credits. 

100k credits per 1 Guinea