Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MaliceA4Thought

carrier cap fighters.

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,156
[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,560 posts
4,805 battles

I would like to talk a little about the automatic fighters launched by the carrier when the carrier is attacked.

At the moment, it seems to me that a carriers defenses are already at a level to discourage Carrier v carrier battles until there is no choice at end of game when everything else is sunk.  I think this is a handicap to the game.  Now we alrady have the (T) launched fighters from the carrier that can be dropped wherever,  2 per squad type I believe, but we also have these auto cap fighters when attacked.

Personally, I believe these auto cap fighters should be removed and the number of (T) fighters perhaps increased to 3 per squad type so a carrier can leave them over the carrier for defence if needed.   Carriers already have great AA, but i think the auto cap fighters make them to strong against their natural hunter..  another carrier.

Anyway, just a thought.

Malice

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,131
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,023 posts
7,968 battles
48 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

It's really easy to bait the AI into burning the CVs fighters too soon.

^^

it is just like DFAA, except it is far easier to bait AI, than humans.

I agree however, that carrier vs carrier interaction, has quite simply, been removed from the game, except for tedious end of battle"sink the carrier!" efforts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[WSU]
Members
154 posts
7,792 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

It's really easy to bait the AI into burning the CVs fighters too soon.

^^^ This in 3 easy steps.

1. Send rocket planes directly to red CV at game start, ignoring all other boats.

2. Make attack runs at red CV and get a fire started. Red CV auto deploys CAP fighters. CAP fighters kill rockets planes.

3. Go back to CV and get torp planes. Torp red CV until flooding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,742
[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
1 hour ago, permanentnoob said:

^^^ This in 3 easy steps.

1. Send rocket planes directly to red CV at game start, ignoring all other boats.

2. Make attack runs at red CV and get a fire started. Red CV auto deploys CAP fighters. CAP fighters kill rockets planes.

3. Go back to CV and get torp planes. Torp red CV until flooding.

Such fun...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
164
[ODIN]
Members
673 posts
2,935 battles
6 hours ago, permanentnoob said:

^^^ This in 3 easy steps.

1. Send rocket planes directly to red CV at game start, ignoring all other boats.

2. Make attack runs at red CV and get a fire started. Red CV auto deploys CAP fighters. CAP fighters kill rockets planes.

3. Go back to CV and get torp planes. Torp red CV until flooding.

Flooding is very very short on carriers now (20 seconds), as are fires (5 seconds). Even if you bait out the damacon on a fire, a follow-up flood will in no way be enough on its own to sink the CV. To threaten a carrier, you need to just use lots of raw damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[SHPFC]
Alpha Tester
3 posts
6,626 battles

i'd like to know with the new ballance how and 4 jap fighters defeat 7 american fighters with no losses. something has changed or these guys are using hacks. it has become very hard to defeat jap fighters even in a lock up and if u straif them u still only kill 1 or 2 of them what is going on 7 against 4 they should never win but not to even loose one is not fair. something needs to be done whit this the jap fighter was not this strong against american fighters and were known to be paper thin so whats the deal hack or something in the program

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[-TXT-]
Members
169 posts
8,936 battles
On 1/14/2019 at 5:39 PM, Iron_Jacket said:

i'd like to know with the new ballance how and 4 jap fighters defeat 7 american fighters with no losses. something has changed or these guys are using hacks. it has become very hard to defeat jap fighters even in a lock up and if u straif them u still only kill 1 or 2 of them what is going on 7 against 4 they should never win but not to even loose one is not fair. something needs to be done whit this the jap fighter was not this strong against american fighters and were known to be paper thin so whats the deal hack or something in the program

 

I think your in the wrong forum line. The rework does not have straif or player controlled fighters. And as such that will no longer be an issue in the next patch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
525
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,884 posts
2,681 battles

I don't think they should be removed.  But i do think they need to do away with the automated AI.. just too easy to feign the CAP AI for the 1st bunch of runs and then run the CV out of fighters.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×