You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iKami

Monday Morning Coffee!

51 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator
793 posts
454 battles

Hello Captains!

How was everyone's weekend?

Did you visit any museum ships this past weekend?

Did you achieve any goals in the game that might have been challenging?

Did you unlock any ships that you have wanted for a long time?

Share with the community anything ships related that you did this weekend!

Helena.jpg

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
2,558 posts
13,909 battles

Kami, I finally did the 4mill directive. It took 4 days @120k avg. Is not fun... Other then that, I am alive and well.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,617 posts
2,633 battles

I, actually, came back to wows after a 3 month break. Was mad that wg was selling black shops and a WV nobody wanted, plus I got boring because I had all the tier 10s I set out to get. Came back Thursday night, played probably close to 100 battles since then. Having to cram 2 months of PEF missions into 2 weeks really turns the grind mode on. PEF isnt great, and it wasnt too productive of a weekend, but it was pretty fun:Smile-_tongue:

Members
3,332 posts
1,475 battles

I met my driveway this weekend.  With a snow shovel.

It had a negative impact on my gameplay.

• Funny 2

[MK48]
[MK48]
Members
178 posts
3,320 battles

Finishing the PEF campaign playing with said ship got me its worth in gold, bought a bunch of prem camos in arsenal with that. Im pleased 

[NSWC]
Members
162 posts
8,356 battles

I finished the grind for Prinz E F, bought Salem with coal and purchased Grosser Kurfürst. Luckily the PEF grind gave enough silver to fully equip Salem and GK with modules. It made for a busy Sunday. GK was my 150th ship!

Edited by Caledanicus
Fixed autocorrect

[WGA]
Administrator
793 posts
454 battles
17 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I, actually, came back to wows after a 3 month break. Was mad that wg was selling black shops and a WV nobody wanted, plus I got boring because I had all the tier 10s I set out to get. Came back Thursday night, played probably close to 100 battles since then. Having to cram 2 months of PEF missions into 2 weeks really turns the grind mode on. PEF isnt great, and it wasnt too productive of a weekend, but it was pretty fun:Smile-_tongue:

Welcome back!

17 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I met my driveway this weekend.  With a snow shovel.

It had a negative impact on my gameplay.

Oof! That doesn't sound like fun at all!

Members
587 posts
6,608 battles

I'm afraid that I didn't do anything ship related this weekend.  As luck would have it, some large men armed with meat and beer commandeered my humble home and and we watched the NFL playoffs.  Not that I care really, but, as I said, there was meat and beer.  And some good company.  Can't really beat that.

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,560 posts
4,805 battles
44 minutes ago, iKami said:

Hello Captains!

Funny you should mention this..   In september I moved from Canada back to the UK and moved to a town called Dartmouth in Devon.  Dartmouth is the home of the Royal Naval Officer training college which I attended in the late 70's.  It's not a museum ship, but it felt like I had never been away.    Also got to lay a memorial at the Falklands memorial inside the college for my friends and buddies that never came home with me.

Overall it was moving but also enjoyable and was fun talking to some of the new recruits that are just starting the same courses that i did back in the 70's :)

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
793 posts
454 battles
1 minute ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

Funny you should mention this..   In september I moved from Canada back to the UK and moved to a town called Dartmouth in Devon.  Dartmouth is the home of the Royal Naval Officer training college which I attended in the late 70's.  It's not a museum ship, but it felt like I had never been away.    Also got to lay a memorial at the Falklands memorial inside the college for my friends and buddies that never came home with me.

Overall it was moving but also enjoyable and was fun talking to some of the new recruits that are just starting the same courses that i did back in the 70's :)

Wow, that is awesome to hear. Sorry to hear about your friends. Do you happen to have any pictures you could share?

[HINON]
2,560 posts
4,805 battles
8 minutes ago, iKami said:

Wow, that is awesome to hear. Sorry to hear about your friends. Do you happen to have any pictures you could share?

Photography is not easy in Brittania for security reasons, but there are pictures I have that I am adding to this post....

britannia1.jpg.4c3355bedd8f45d47b766670e0442afa.jpg

Overall view of the College above the town :)

britannia2.jpg.df1a26162fa0a9f0495a55afb0dba9bd.jpg

The Quarterdeck

brittania3.jpg.2b29a9849db2cc20fef918786ddc9d32.jpg

One of the many galleries  above the Quarterdeck in the college

Britannia4.jpg.26e6e416a8c1241ee7aa7220ce30dbf3.jpg

The Royal naval College before they built the current one you see above in 1905 with the hulls of HMS Britannia and HMS Hindustani in the river nxt to the site of the current college :)  The ships were the college.

M

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
793 posts
454 battles
4 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

Photography is not easy in Brittania for security reasons, but there are pictures I have that I am adding to this post....

britannia1.jpg.4c3355bedd8f45d47b766670e0442afa.jpg

Overall view of the College above the town :)

britannia2.jpg.df1a26162fa0a9f0495a55afb0dba9bd.jpg

The Quarterdeck

brittania3.jpg.2b29a9849db2cc20fef918786ddc9d32.jpg

One of the many galleries  above the Quarterdeck in the college

Britannia4.jpg.26e6e416a8c1241ee7aa7220ce30dbf3.jpg

The Royal naval College before they built the current one you see above in 1905 with the hulls of HMS Britannia and HMS Hindustani in the river nxt to the site of the current college :)  The ships were the college.

M

Thanks! Those are awesome to look at. The difference is astounding. Wait, in that last picture those are retired ships?

[HINON]
2,560 posts
4,805 battles
8 minutes ago, iKami said:

Thanks! Those are awesome to look at. The difference is astounding. Wait, in that last picture those are retired ships?

yep  both were ships of the line from the 1800's :)  HMS Brittania was a 120 gun ship of the line launched in 1820. Decommisioned in 1843 and then moved to Portsmouth as a cadet training ship in 1859 and then refitted, with masts removed etc and moved to dartmouth in 1863.  She served in the mediteranean in the 1820's and then in the crimean war as flagship of Sir james Deans Dundas.

HMS Hindostan  (sorry my spelling above was wrong,  I type too quickly sometimes)  was an 80 gun 2nd rate ship of the line launched in 1841.  She was retired from active service and moved to dartmouth in 1865 where she was refitted, again with masts removed etc.

Both lasted until the new college opened in 1905 and were then scrapped. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
3,796 posts
1,512 battles

Finally finished my snowflakes, after taking a break.  With the coal, and a little bit of the steel, I got Salem with the coupon this weekend, so I'll work on JB slowly now.

Spent a fair amount of time on the PTS playing with the CVs, seeing the changes, etc.

[WGA]
Administrator
793 posts
454 battles
7 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

yep  both were ships of the line from the 1800's :)  HMS Brittania was a 120 gun ship of the line launched in 1820. Decommisioned in 1843 and then moved to Portsmouth as a cadet training ship in 1859 and then refitted, with masts removed etc and moved to dartmouth in 1863.  She served in the mediteranean in the 1820's and then in the crimean war as flagship of Sir james Deans Dundas.

HMS Hindostan  (sorry my spelling above was wrong,  I type too quickly sometimes)  was an 80 gun 2nd rate ship of the line launched in 1841.  She was retired from active service and moved to dartmouth in 1865 where she was refitted, again with masts removed etc.

Both lasted until the new college opened in 1905 and were then scrapped. 

Thanks for the info and the pictures!

4 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Finally finished my snowflakes, after taking a break.  With the coal, and a little bit of the steel, I got Salem with the coupon this weekend, so I'll work on JB slowly now.

Spent a fair amount of time on the PTS playing with the CVs, seeing the changes, etc.

Congrats on finishing your snowflakes!

[POP]
Members
1,274 posts
8,730 battles

Finished the PEF missions. As has been mentioned, not a huge amount of fun. A few lines worked really well. I did the IJN as a matter of ranking out of the sprint as I use Fuso almost exclusively. The German line wasn't too bad and I forced myself to play Hipper a few more times. 

The French line was a real surprise. Jean Bart is a credit magnet much like the Missouri and a lot more fun to play (for me). I managed the French line in about 7 matches.

I'm now north of 150 million credits. 

[RKLES]
Members
8,332 posts
10,558 battles
28 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

You will love the Salem, what iloses in Radar compared to Des Moines it more than makes for it with the super heals. Kept my Salem alive in some Clan Battles when I am certain a Des Moines would have been sunk.

As for my Weekend I have successfully aquired the PEF, and now working through the campaign to get the ships, port slots, and crates. The final Camo PEF will be nice, but that’s optional. Ships, port slots, and steel come first. Other than that the weekend has been continued preparation for getting my CVs sold off post update and ultimately having a solid submarine force later on. Also having the CAs and DDs on hand in case the subs get out of hand, but that part of things has mostly been completed now with several fine lines of CAs and DDs on hand. Hatsaharu DD I got From PEF Campaign has proven to be far more fun to use than its reputation would suggest, although guns fire just slightly slower than I would like, the DD is very nice. So yet another bonus from this weekend.

Keeping the captains in reserve straight as to which are there for subs and which are there for surface ships has been fun challenge as well. My plan is to add at least 18 subs ( tiers 6-10 from USN, KM, and IJN) at this point

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles
2 hours ago, iKami said:

Hello Captains!

How was everyone's weekend?

Did you achieve any goals in the game that might have been challenging?

Did you unlock any ships that you have wanted for a long time?

Share with the community anything ships related that you did this weekend!

Helena.jpg

I finished the PEF campaign and all the steel missions on Friday, so I'm done. I took the weekend off from WoWs and didn't play. Just hung out here and answered questions.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,067 posts
14,855 battles

I had an interesting weekend. Didn't get the chance to visit a Museum because North East Missouri doesn't have many Museums. But its not like going any where this weekend would have been possible with 14+ inches of wet snow on the ground. Missouri doesn't get that much snow in a given year and its normally spread out over many months. We might get a few inches at once but mostly its a dusting that melts in a day or two. Heck Ice Storms and Freak Winter Tornadoes are more common than a large amount of snow. But not this time, Missouri weather decided that what the state needed was a 3 day snow weekend. Several years worth of snow showed up at once and fell like, "FWOOMP". We are still digging out. We've resorted to farm tractors, shovels, and some people are turning into Snow Icecream and eating their way out. 
Don't get me wrong the area looks awesome buried in the stuff but they are predicting 9 more inches next weekend. So keep us in your thoughts as most of the people around here don't know how to deal with this much snow. And if you happen to live in a dry place let me know and I'll ship you a box of the stuff. 

Reporting from a Snowed in port on the Mississippi, 

RSB 

[WGA]
Administrator
793 posts
454 battles
1 minute ago, RedSeaBear said:

I had an interesting weekend. Didn't get the chance to visit a Museum because North East Missouri doesn't have many Museums. But its not like going any where this weekend would have been possible with 14+ inches of wet snow on the ground. Missouri doesn't get that much snow in a given year and its normally spread out over many months. We might get a few inches at once but mostly its a dusting that melts in a day or two. Heck Ice Storms and Freak Winter Tornadoes are more common than a large amount of snow. But not this time, Missouri weather decided that what the state needed was a 3 day snow weekend. Several years worth of snow showed up at once and fell like, "FWOOMP". We are still digging out. We've resorted to farm tractors, shovels, and some people are turning into Snow Icecream and eating their way out. 
Don't get me wrong the area looks awesome buried in the stuff but they are predicting 9 more inches next weekend. So keep us in your thoughts as most of the people around here don't know how to deal with this much snow. And if you happen to live in a dry place let me know and I'll ship you a box of the stuff. 

Reporting from a Snowed in port on the Mississippi, 

RSB 

Wow, that is crazy! Stay safe Captain!

[LEGIT]
Members
690 posts
7,053 battles

Couple of Beer bottles next to me and 1 Intoxicated Warship driver sums up my week.

[PVE]
Members
594 posts
5,194 battles

Got a few crates on a whim and ended up with the Krispie Kreme and the Monaghan. Not sure if I should call that productive or not :Smile-_tongue: (I was aiming for flags and camo not ships).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,471 posts
10,162 battles

I managed to finish four of the six 4 million credit tasks and hope to finish. Saturday I was about as far from the sea as I could get with some colonial miniatures, an Anglo-Egyptian force being attacked by the Mahdists in the eastern Sudan.

t86zeFU.jpg

Anglo-Egyptian cavalry and mounted infantry in a rather sticky situation.
mfO8IE0.jpg

Mahdist cavalry at the charge.
v7mYR2R.jpg

• Cool 1

[GLORY]
Members
251 posts
2,000 battles

Snow has blanketed Virginia, so my time has mostly been spent inside for the weekend. 

Did some WoWs missions, worked on some models, etc. Not much.

*sips coffee*

[NSWC]
Members
162 posts
8,356 battles
28 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I managed to finish four of the six 4 million credit tasks and hope to finish. Saturday I was about as far from the sea as I could get with some colonial miniatures, an Anglo-Egyptian force being attacked by the Mahdists in the eastern Sudan.

t86zeFU.jpg

Nice models and cool table-top battlefield! Thanks for sharing. Did the Mahdists win or did Kitchener save the day?