You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_1204_

Wait, WHAT? (snowflakes)

29 comments in this topic

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,646 posts
2,637 battles

So, correct me if I am wrong, but am I to understand that if I win a game on a ship that has a snowflake, I get coal/steel? I was just assuming it was a holiday asthetic! (Took a short break from Wows). I have been playing for 3 days and just read the article :Smile_hiding:.

One question though... do snowflakes get knocked off on losses too, or is it only on wins? Ie will I be able to get the steel for every ship or do I have to win?

One step closer to Bourgogne <3

[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,249 battles

Only wins (a lot of folks have been running co-op for this).  Amount of coal or steel depends on tier and if the ship is a premium.

[LWA]
Members
649 posts
9,581 battles

Wow, you must have been in a cave as the "snowflakes" have been around since before Christmas.  Better hurry and collect as many as you can.  Just win a game to collect.....I suggest CoOp

***in  addition too, you can only collect one "snowflake" per win of a ship.  If I remember correctly the T9s/T10s give out steel, but the T8 premiums will give out steel too.  The rest will just give you coal.

Edited by db4100
in addendum
  • Bad 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,411 posts
13,962 battles
3 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

So, correct me if I am wrong, but am I to understand that if I win a game on a ship that has a snowflake, I get coal/steel? I was just assuming it was a holiday asthetic! (Took a short break from Wows). I have been playing for 3 days and just read the article :Smile_hiding:.

One question though... do snowflakes get knocked off on losses too, or is it only on wins? Ie will I be able to get the steel for every ship or do I have to win?

Start with your premiums and then high tier ships and play co op over and over, you need wins...you can bank good stuff quickly.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,646 posts
2,637 battles
3 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

Only wins (a lot of folks have been running co-op for this).  Amount of coal or steel depends on tier and if the ship is a premium.

But do I lose a snowflake on losses?

[PWH]
Members
118 posts
5,294 battles

Managed to pick up both tier 9 prem  battleships from that snowflake event.

• Cool 1

[LWA]
Members
649 posts
9,581 battles
2 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

NO, just play....and hurry.

Edited by db4100

[WORX]
Members
2,572 posts
13,955 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

The snowflake is just to say its an event for that ship.

Once you win you don;t  "lose" anything... You get the reward, and the snowflake goes away. then you repeat for the next ship

[RST]
Members
357 posts
7,560 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

No.  The snowflake present is an indicator of a reward yet to be claimed, and is only claimed on a win.  As noted by others, co-op is likely the quickest and surest way to grind through it, but for some high tier ships may become dicey on credits (I stripped my down of premium consumables so east the drain and was finding with that I could keep the credits positive as well).

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,646 posts
2,637 battles

And it ends next patch right? I assume that's sometime next week around when all the PEF stuff ends?

[BNKR]
Members
1,054 posts
1,004 battles

Co-op grind, my dude. It's absolutely worth it. I banked enough coal to pick up Salem and start a new fund for whatever is next.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,562 posts
8,541 battles
10 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Here are the details. Short version is think of the Snowflakes as the daily First Win bonus, but it is for the whole patch instead of each day. You can only knock off a Snowflake once during the patch. If you get a new ship, it will get a Snowflake, if it is a qualifying ship. Don't spam co-op by starting and leaving matches, as you will quickly go orange and not knock off any snowflakes. You have to earn XP to knock off a Snowflake. You have until Update 8.0 drops, which is scheduled for Jan 23rd. Co-op counts and is the quickest way to finish.

[YORHA]
Members
3,807 posts
6,614 battles
1 minute ago, StoptheViolins said:

/me examines the rock OP's been living under.

And this is one of the reasons why I am looking forward to the CV re-work going live. 

I hope they  upgrade the forum servers, because it will be EPIC!

[PVE]
Members
12,562 posts
8,541 battles
5 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

And this is one of the reasons why I am looking forward to the CV re-work going live. 

I hope they  upgrade the forum servers, because it will be EPIC!

Oh yeah. Depending on how pervasive the Update notes are for 8.0, there will be a LOT of surprised people. Even with lots and lots of articles over the next week and a half, Jan 23rd is going to be a busy day for "WTH happened to CVs". :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
3,360 posts
1,503 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Oh yeah. Depending on how pervasive the Update notes are for 8.0, there will be a LOT of surprised people. Even with lots and lots of articles over the next week and a half, Jan 23rd is going to be a busy day for "WTH happened to CVs". :Smile_teethhappy:

All forum moderators better be on hot standby like these guys.

Image result for Battle of Britain hot standby

[HINON]
Members
10,130 posts
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Also make sure you are stocked on popcorn. No need to bring your own salt though, there will be plenty provided free of charge.

LUatHjV.gif

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
12,562 posts
8,541 battles
7 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Also make sure you are stocked on popcorn. No need to bring your own salt though, there will be plenty provided free of charge.

LUatHjV.gif

I'll be making a PSA when the articles start coming out. I expect the articles to start this week.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,705 posts

Salt will flow... like as if a thousand people who never visited the website all cried out at once at one and suddenly all posted on the forum at once.

• Funny 1

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
3,685 battles
1 hour ago, StoptheViolins said:

Salt will flow... like as if a thousand people who never visited the website all cried out at once at one and suddenly all posted on the forum at once.

You expect to sense a disturbance in the Force then?

• Funny 2

[NDA]
Supertester
5,075 posts
14,896 battles

Captain you better get the lead out. Those snow flakes will melt by themselves next patch. So for Steel play all your Tier 10s, 9s, and 8 premium ships. For Coal your best amounts will be Tier 8 tech tree ships and all of your Tier 6 and 7 ships. I ran them through Coop games. You don't need to win just do a bit of damage and if the game last more than 5 minutes you're doing it wrong. 

Good luck, cause you're gonna need it. 

[PVE]
Members
12,562 posts
8,541 battles
13 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Captain you better get the lead out. Those snow flakes will melt by themselves next patch. So for Steel play all your Tier 10s, 9s, and 8 premium ships. For Coal your best amounts will be Tier 8 tech tree ships and all of your Tier 6 and 7 ships. I ran them through Coop games. You don't need to win just do a bit of damage and if the game last more than 5 minutes you're doing it wrong. 

Good luck, cause you're gonna need it. 

Actually, you do need to win, so that is why co-op is best.

[HINON]
Members
10,130 posts
27 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

You expect to sense a disturbance in the Force then?

More of a disturbance in the balans comrade.

• Cool 1