You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Neustrashimy Preview - A Russian Fletcher? Sort of.

32 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,545 posts
5,089 battles

She can cap (5.6 concealment), she can smoke, she can AA, she can torp... she just doesn't excel at anything.  She's a swiss Army knife you can build and play however you want.  her only big letdown are her guns.  Two in the Front and Two in the rear.  Oh... she can also heal as well.

• Cool 4

[KNMSU]
Members
4,706 posts
5,104 battles

It doesn't belong in the timeframe of this game - it's the equivalent of adding a Forrest Sherman class DD for the U.S. Just another case of "we have standards unless it's Russian, in which case anything goes."

Edited by Battleship_ContediCavour
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[CUTER]
Members
3,824 posts
16,860 battles

Insane HP pool with heal, speed boost, DFAA and smoke. Crazy torps, crazy concealment. Looks like a standard premium ship to me.

[USCG]
Members
290 posts
13,937 battles

Any news on when & how she’ll be released?? I’ve got coal & FXP a plenty but blew all my steel on the Black...

[H_]
Members
341 posts
8,326 battles

Souped up Ognevoi?  looks like it maybe kind of fun to play.

Members
1,391 posts
47 battles

"5.6km concealment on a Russian DD?? Oh no!! IJN Torp DDs are garbage again!!!!" :cap_book:

Edited by RyuuohD_NA
  • Funny 1

WoWS Community Contributors, Supertester
165 posts
8,407 battles
21 minutes ago, Preteen said:

Insane HP pool with heal, speed boost, DFAA and smoke. Crazy torps, crazy concealment. Looks like a standard premium ship to me.

Game is hard baka.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles
4 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

"5.6km concealment on a Russian DD?? Oh no!! IJN Torp DDs are garbage again!!!!" :cap_book:

Shh, don't tell them that Yugumo actually has 136k DPM to the 108k of the Neustrashimy!

[TF-62]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,415 posts
4,038 battles
24 minutes ago, Battleship_ContediCavour said:

It doesn't belong in the timeframe of this game - it's the equivalent of adding a Forrest Sherman class DD for the U.S. Just another case of "we have standards unless it's Russian, in which case anything goes."

Not true in the slightest. The VMF maintained a very traditional gun-navy even after the advent of ship-borne surface-to-surface missiles. 
The Neustrashimiy is not much different from the Ognevoi, if you really look into it. It doesn't have missiles, it doesn't have anything out of the ordinary. Because the Kotlin class is one of the last traditional destroyers the USSR built, doesn't mean its some super futuristic starship. 

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,359 posts
43 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

She can cap (5.6 concealment), she can smoke, she can AA, she can torp... she just doesn't excel at anything.  She's a swiss Army knife you can build and play however you want.  her only big letdown are her guns.  Two in the Front and Two in the rear.  Oh... she can also heal as well.

Ahhhhhh   A   Russian  RN  Destroyer:Smile_ohmy:   NTY  I  have the Only RN Destoyers  I  like Gallant,Cossack,  I don't need or want a Russian RN  Wannabe too:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
3,024 posts
16,250 battles

Only 4 guns at 4.5 sec base reload means you won't be winning gun duels. OTOH, 5.6 km detect + heal + fletcher type torps means a good capper/scout and torp boat. A DD equivalent of the Atago.

Edit: Surprised they stick hydro/radar into her. She had that being a post WW2 build.

Edited by Bill_Halsey
More content

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,014 posts
7,968 battles

Well, it is good that WG have understood, ships that have a diverse range of gameplay/spec pathways (swiss army knife/multi tool), are more enjoyable for their owners, in the long run. One trick ponies tend to fall out of favour, and out of meta, very quickly.

[TOG]
Members
3,024 posts
16,250 battles

I would had liked it if you had the option of either radar/hydro installed. YY radar or hydro from 3-5 km depending on how it balances out.

[OPG]
Members
4,221 posts
6,054 battles

So just a quick note on the pronunciation......it's pronounced:  ney-oo-straw-she-me        

*ney rhymes with hey 

• Cool 1

[90TH]
Members
592 posts
8,734 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_ContediCavour said:

You should be happy it actually existed amiright brohan?

• Funny 1

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
206 posts
5,752 battles

Looks like it will have to be a time will tell ship. 

I generally like a ship that has a specific strength to build around, even if it has great weakness elsewhere.  If the Nesty is a jack of all trades, master of none, then I suspect it will gradually become a port queen since most people only have so much time to play the game and focus on either a campaign (whatever that may be) or the most pleasurable ships in their inventory.

Kinda makes me think of the Kidd.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,754 posts
3,923 battles

Interesting, I'll pass though not very appealing as a ship.  Rather just play the ogvenoi TBH. 

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,060 posts
14,790 battles

Well Zoup im a dd main here looks like an interesting destroyer I'm sure I'll buy it, if its not steel

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,848 posts
6,889 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_ContediCavour said:

I mean, it's not like we got a T10 BB which, according to WG, is a hypothetical design from the late 40s/early 50s.

Or this:

shot-19_01.15_01_49.19-0527.jpg.40c9a7bf428488b0468acf318dc4460a.jpg

But nah, Russian Bias it is, right? :D

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,981 posts
4,867 battles

I also watched Mejash's preview of Neutrashimy. I agree with him and Zoup: 'Jack of all trades, master of none.'

Seems alright at everything without excelling in anything. Big effective health pool though, so I imagine a ship that is designed to stay alive long enough, that it can make a difference despite its general averageness at everything.  

[GLF]
Members
833 posts
10,522 battles

Lets say there was someone that couldn't stand the gameplay of fletcher nor that of grozovoi, and sold off both, would this person like or hate this premium ship?   Is it a downtiered groz or a better ogne?   Asking for a friend. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,052 posts
10,145 battles
2 hours ago, Kraayt said:

Kinda makes me think of the Kidd.

Except able to deal damage. 

[SIDE]
Members
1,764 posts
2 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

I mean, it's not like we got a T10 BB which, according to WG, is a hypothetical design from the late 40s/early 50s.

Or this:

shot-19_01.15_01_49.19-0527.jpg.40c9a7bf428488b0468acf318dc4460a.jpg

But nah, Russian Bias it is, right? :D

Henri has significant drawbacks that make it vulnerable to all ship types. Visible from the moon and easy to hit as opposed to outspotted by only a couple and difficult to hit. Also hiv is part of a logical line progression.

I’m not saying it bias but it’s weird the us, German, Japanese and brit dd are all boringly predictable non steel progressions (except Kidd) and this Russian boat gets gimmicks unusual for its nation. Maybe that’s a benefit of it being a premium, it can be a little dif from the line.

Whatever, if it’s decent and accessible for modest do/coal/cash I’ll get one.

Edited by thebigblue

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,848 posts
6,889 battles
52 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Henri has significant drawbacks that make it vulnerable to all ship types.  Visible from the moon and easy to hit as opposed to outspotted by only a couple and difficult to hit.

From all the footage I saw on YT, I never heard Neustrashimy being labeled overpowered.

53 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

I’m not saying it bias but it’s weird the us, German, Japanese and brit dd are all boringly predictable non steel progressions (except Kidd) and this Russian boat gets gimmicks unusual for its nation.

Actually, on the German DDs I disagree heavily. And that's something I dislike about them. I find the progression from V-170 up until Z-46 to be really awkward, since the main guns and their performance change drastically with every Tier.

Also, I want to clarify that the person I replied to specifically talked about timeframes, and how Neustrashimy would not belong into the game according to that. And well, if there was a timeframe to be applied to the game, we'd have to remove a number of French ships before even touching the Russian ships people complain about.