You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Completed the PEF event

28 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
1,839 posts
6,150 battles

I receive a PEF for Christmas. Credits applying to 5 missions simultaneously was great. My original plan was to run Raptor Rescue with the PEF than my 2 US cruisers & the New Mexico, rinse & repeat. Let's just say on paper this was a good plan. I seen some new ways to loose RR. I gave randoms a try. The results were good except for the win rate. Most battles were very close. With all the negative about the PEF I was happy with the damage I was able to do, even when I was bottom tiered. I wished I had ran randoms from the beginning of the final leg of the PEF event.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
4 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I receive a PEF for Christmas. Credits applying to 5 missions simultaneously was great. My original plan was to run Raptor Rescue with the PEF than my 2 US cruisers & the New Mexico, rinse & repeat. Let's just say on paper this was a good plan. I seen some new ways to loose RR. I gave randoms a try. The results were good except for the win rate. Most battles were very close. With all the negative about the PEF I was happy with the damage I was able to do, even when I was bottom tiered. I wished I had ran randoms from the beginning of the final leg of the PEF event.

I got PEF as a Christmas present as well. I was going to do co-op and random, but after a random loss, I figured that my blood pressure would not handle it. I did a Des Moines NC (I'm back on my puter) co-op game and got 288k with flags and camo. In Raptor Rescue I would make 400-600k with flags and camo. So I alternated PEF, New Mexico and Arizona in Raptor Rescue. Along with 2 3 Sims battles in Dynamo and a few Killer Whales in PEF & New Mexico, I not only completed the grinds, but got my New Mexico Cmdr to 10 pts, German Cmdr to 15 pts, and US Ovechkin to 13 pts. After getting Flint, I have a little over 6,400 Steel towards Black.

Edited by Kizarvexis
fixed booboos
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,813 battles
30 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

After getting Flint, I have a little over 6,400 Steel towards Black.

USS Black has the potential to be an absolute monster in the upcoming T9 Ranked season.

I have the steel to get her, but if I rank out this season I can get her for free (5 R1 achievements).  So, as much as I want Black, I'll save my steel and try and earn her for free, and possibly use my allotment of steel for Stalingrad or the next steel ship (Azuma?).

[ML-S]
Members
312 posts
4,764 battles

I’ve completed Japan, France, Poland, UK, USA, and I’m only 1.5 away from finishing Germany and getting the PEF.

Harekaze with camo helped a lot for Japan, then I used Charles Martel and Lyon for France.  Blys got decent earnings per match.  I used Nelson for UK, which went slower than I expected.  Cleveland for USA, and now Bismarck for Germany.  I saved all my New Years collection crates for when the event started and opened them until I finished a sub collection, then stoped, so I only used the premium days when I would have the time to use them well.

Edited by Horama

[POP]
Members
1,274 posts
8,730 battles

Well done. I got PEF from the missions, so I had to do ti the hard way. 

IJN was easy as I used Fuso almost exclusively in ranked. The US was pretty easy, with the big guns of Montana and a stack of premiums. Same with Germany. 

Then I had a choice to make. Russia, France, UK. The UK was fun, but a slog and took forever. Russia was even worse. They just don't have the ships that I like to play. 

France was done in an afternoon. With Jean Bart and Republique, I knocked out the mission in about 7 matches. 

[RST]
Members
357 posts
7,526 battles
36 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

USS Black has the potential to be an absolute monster in the upcoming T9 Ranked season.

I have the steel to get her, but if I rank out this season I can get her for free (5 R1 achievements).  So, as much as I want Black, I'll save my steel and try and earn her for free, and possibly use my allotment of steel for Stalingrad or the next steel ship (Azuma?).

Never done the full out rank grind in regular rank, congratulations to you for looking to make it 5 this upcoming season.  So I'm not a ranked expert.  That said, I thought with the conversion to using steel for rank rewards the payout was already done in steel (at implementation of the steel system) and getting a 5th rank out in the future will just...get you more steel (and not automatically a ship like Black, but rather a reward--either to save for a bigger one or whatever--of your choosing, which could be the Black). 

Again, I'm not an expert (I'd love to be able to say I'm in a position to worry about the details on rewards for rank-out, but I'm not), but I'd look into it before forgoing the Black this season if you think you'd play her if you had her.  Just my 2 cents.

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
34 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

You no longer get Black for ranking out for 5 seasons. When Steel was introduced, the flags for rank outs and Clan Battles were removed and people were compensated in Steel for the seasons that they Ranked out. Ranked Sprint does not count as a rank out, so only full seasons count. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/arsenal-more-resources/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/gamestuff/introducing-arsenal/

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
1 minute ago, groomsiebelle said:

Never done the full out rank grind in regular rank, congratulations to you for looking to make it 5 this upcoming season.  So I'm not a ranked expert.  That said, I thought with the conversion to using steel for rank rewards the payout was already done in steel (at implementation of the steel system) and getting a 5th rank out in the future will just...get you more steel (and not automatically a ship like Black, but rather a reward--either to save for a bigger one or whatever--of your choosing, which could be the Black). 

Again, I'm not an expert (I'd love to be able to say I'm in a position to worry about the details on rewards for rank-out, but I'm not), but I'd look into it before forgoing the Black this season if you think you'd play her if you had her.  Just my 2 cents.

Ninja'd. 

See the articles I posted for details. 

[TDRB]
Members
1,839 posts
6,150 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I got PEF as a Christmas present as well. I was going to do co-op and random, but after a random loss, I figured that my blood pressure would not handle it. I did a Des Moines co-op game and got 288k with flags and camo. In Raptor Rescue I would make 400-600k with flags and camo. So I alternated PEF, New Mexico and Arizona in Raptor Rescue. Along with 2 Sims battles in Dynamo and a few Killer Whales in PEF & New Mexico, I not only completed the grinds, but got my New Mexico Cmdr to 10 pts, German Cmdr to 15 pts, and US Ovechkin to 13 pts. After getting Flint, I have a little over 6,400 Steel towards Black.

I was making more in a random loss than I was averaging in Raptor Rescue due to the losses. RR was very frustrating to me over the weekend. I got my German commander to 15pts and just 54k shy of 16 points.

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
13 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I was making more in a random loss than I was averaging in Raptor Rescue due to the losses. RR was very frustrating to me over the weekend. I got my German commander to 15pts and just 54k shy of 16 points.

I made the same in the Random loss in PEF as I did in the wins in Raptor. Raptor was a LOT less stress than Random and I won 10 of 13 tries in Raptor. In Killer Whale, we won 2 and I lost 1 and we won all three in Dynamo. The last one was to get 5k credits and I got 550k. 

[-BUI-]
Members
562 posts
2,537 battles

Earned mine this weekend.    Have no intension of actually playing it though, fires too slow for HE to be effective, AP is ineffective against anything with armor, not much sense using a ship that can't do anything to Battleships.

[INTEL]
Members
991 posts
9,809 battles
4 hours ago, kgh52 said:

First, I see the phantom downvoters have been busy in this thread. Seriously what on earth sucks in these people's lives that they would downvote any post in this thread?

I finished the event yesterday. Actually every nation in the last directive except PA is done. I had the idea of doing RR as well. Three losses later that idea was scrapped. I've been playing Ops fairly regularly since they were released and I've never seen a team lose four ships to the first three bots till this past week. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
17 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

First, I see the phantom downvoters have been busy in this thread. Seriously what on earth sucks in these people's lives that they would downvote any post in this thread?

I finished the event yesterday. Actually every nation in the last directive except PA is done. I had the idea of doing RR as well. Three losses later that idea was scrapped. I've been playing Ops fairly regularly since they were released and I've never seen a team lose four ships to the first three bots till this past week. 

I have someone following me around downvoting my posts no matter what I say. It's kinda pathetic really. I have a suspicion of who it is, but if doing that makes them happy, it doesn't bother me. :Smile_honoring:

PEF is slow to reload, so I ignore the Minekaze that comes out first to put a full salvo into the Furutaka. When the Raptor gets fixed, load HE for those two close DDs, but shoot cruisers and BBs mostly with PEF. Going secondary (slot 3 upgrade and AFT) on the PEF gives you like 7.2km range on the guns, which is pretty good for co-op and Ops as the bots will close. MFCSA is not as useful in co-op as getting surrounded by bots is not uncommon, so firing from both sides is helpful.

25 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Earned mine this weekend.    Have no intension of actually playing it though, fires too slow for HE to be effective, AP is ineffective against anything with armor, not much sense using a ship that can't do anything to Battleships.

Play PEF in co-op and you can complete the Mighty Prinz campaign and Nerves of Steel in co-op. You have to repeat the 2 star Mighty Prinz missions twice, but they are easy. The base XP grind would be best done in PvP, but you can do all of Nerves of Steel in co-op.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,813 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

You no longer get Black for ranking out for 5 seasons. When Steel was introduced, the flags for rank outs and Clan Battles were removed and people were compensated in Steel for the seasons that they Ranked out. Ranked Sprint does not count as a rank out, so only full seasons count. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/arsenal-more-resources/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/gamestuff/introducing-arsenal/

Dang.  Guess there's nothing really holding me back from getting Black then.

Wait, so if there are no Jolly Roger flags (and subsequent reward ships) and only lackluster rewards for ranking out, why should we continue to try and do it?

Edited by Ace_04

[CRF]
Members
103 posts
5,111 battles

I finally bought the PEF last week as grinding through the missions was taking too long w/o it.  Plan was to grind co-op day in and day out until the finish, but then got convinced to do randoms.  Very frustrating for me - 14 games and only 2 wins.  It didn't matter how well or how poorly I played - I guess I just cursed the teams most of the time.

However, on the bright side, the credits and experience earned even in the losses were  better than a win in Co-op, so other than a weekend of high blood pressure, it worked to finish it off  Sunday morning.  Then went to work on the Mighty Prinz missions only to realize that I already have all of those ships in my port already - oh, well.  The credits and crates help out.

I like the PEF, she works well in co-op, and she is a good looking ship.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,069 posts
5,480 battles
3 hours ago, kgh52 said:

RR was very frustrating to me over the weekend.

I tried it twice. The first time, Prinz Eitel Friedrich valiantly thrust his body across Raptor's path to shield her from enemy fire, and the reward for this was for the stupid carrier to not enter the escape circle in time - so despite killing everything and saving the carrier, we still lost. The second time, the entire team derp-potatoed and died. I was making money faster in co-op.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,443 posts
7 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Played my PEF Saturday in Raptor Rescue and made good progress. Yesterday my teams were inventing ways to lose.

Still got it done, and kept my blood pressure in check by spamming the Harekaze in coop, 280-350k a match.

I had one game in my Atago where my team melted and I got over 600k on coop

Happily all done

[TDRB]
Members
1,839 posts
6,150 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I tried it twice. The first time, Prinz Eitel Friedrich valiantly thrust his body across Raptor's path to shield her from enemy fire, and the reward for this was for the stupid carrier to not enter the escape circle in time - so despite killing everything and saving the carrier, we still lost. The second time, the entire team derp-potatoed and died. I was making money faster in co-op.

Yesterday my teams were inventing ways to lose.

Yes & Yes

[UEFN]
Members
609 posts
14,017 battles

I didn't buy the PEF, grind 6 nations/24mil credits for the ship in one night, the next day i binged game and completed all 5 stages to collect 2019 steel in one go as well.  2 days total with bunch of flags and camos.

[FML]
Members
2,132 posts
11,219 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Wait, so if there are no Jolly Roger flags (and subsequent reward ships) and only lackluster rewards for ranking out, why should we continue to try and do it?

Exactly, there is no point. 

Ranked is pretty much the only way players who don’t do CB can get steel. So if the want ships like the Stalingrad or Bourgogne, they have to rank out 5-6 times. 

If you have no interest in the steel ships, or play a lot of CB, then ranked is largely pointless. You do get a Copper that can go towards a mustang/alligator camo for the Flint/ Black respectively. It costs 3 or 5 copper, and you only get 1 from ranking out. 

Tge new system does help players like me who hit R2 but couldn’t rank out before the season ended (that hurt), as you don’t get nothing now.

But yeah, there is largely no point. 

[FML]
Members
2,132 posts
11,219 battles
9 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

I didn't buy the PEF, grind 6 nations/24mil credits for the ship in one night, the next day i binged game and completed all 5 stages to collect 2019 steel in one go as well.  2 days total with bunch of flags and camos.

Yikes! That sounds brutal!

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

The Jolly Rogers were replaced with Steel. You get around 11k steel in Clan Battles, 33k in 3 seasons. Full Ranked seasons have been around 5.5k steel, IIRC. WG said that events like the Snowflakes to earn steel easily will be few and far between. I'm guessing once per year or so.

8 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

Good Job! :Smile_honoring:

Took me 3 weeks to complete all the steel stuff as I got PEF the first day. I played co-op tho, so that is more understandable.

[UEFN]
Members
609 posts
14,017 battles
7 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Yikes! That sounds brutal!

about 6hr per night of gaming, the credits grind was enjoyable since i get to play all my premium ships in different tier again, but grinding the steel with PEF in one night was a  pain, the PEF's 2.0 sigma rating is fake news, it's more like 1.4 to 1.6.

Members
357 posts
4,321 battles

I received the ship on Sunday Morning.... after 142 random battles played over the weekend. Idk... I had about 5 nations with about 1/8 filled bars, since the 4th directive unlocked, before Friday.

(based from the forum battle count that is under my handle. It was at 3,333 on Thursday, and now it says 3475. I think I played around 10 co-op games with all the rest being Randoms this weekend... and, yeah, I'm burnt out).

Grinded out America, Russia, Japan, France, Pan-asia, and German lines over Friday night thru Sunday afternoon....  Put in about 5 hours more if you include the Campaign grind to receive the free perma-camo, free silver ship grind, added port slot, and a 3 point captain, which I'm currently on the Nurnberg part. Used up two 24 hour Premium sessions from the Belle collection and  have 1 more left, for next weekend (which will be a 3day weekend for me).

Edited by Hydra_360ci