You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xAnchobi

Myogi ruined my day

31 comments in this topic

Members
36 posts
392 battles

This BB is so bad it makes me mad like wth is this thing

Weird gun placement 

Terrible dispersion, the good range is basically useless to you.

Trash amour

Detection is nonexistent 

I'm never touching Japanese BBs again

Beside the name of the ship isn't even real so it makes it less cool and its just a bootleg Kongo

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
158 posts
7,266 battles
2 minutes ago, xAnchobi said:

Just endure it until the Kongo. All ships T5-T10 are a mostly fun to play. Some ships are better than others depending on preference, but overall it's a very solid line with a killer T10

[SYN]
Members
14,871 posts
11,351 battles

yes

somewhat

yes

yes

There are a lot of paper designs in wows

Myogi is very punishing if you have poor aim and understanding of how to maximize your armor. It's not beginner friendly, but there are other T4 BBs that are easier to play.

Edited by MrDeaf

[WORX]
Members
2,572 posts
13,955 battles

You haven't seen nothing yet, The Yogi is tame compared to say the black swan of the IJN BBs,

Not as weird as other BBs with only say two guns in the front

Yes I agree on that point

Armor is decent for the tier, not an easy nut to crack

All BBs have bad detection nothing new there

But! But! BBs are god tier the higher up you go

Names are changed to preserve the guilty party... But the design (not sure about this one but in general) are real and relevant.

Just have fun with the game. Losing is part of the process. GL/HF

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,777 battles
25 minutes ago, xAnchobi said:

Weird gun placement 

Trash amour

Detection is nonexistent 

Beside the name of the ship isn't even real so it makes it less cool and its just a bootleg Kongo

Go play Molotov and a yogi will seems like a dream ship.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,493 posts
7,351 battles
28 minutes ago, xAnchobi said:

Weird gun placement 

Trash amour

Detection is nonexistent 

Since it seems like you're only a few hundred battles in I figure I should stand up and defend the Myogi's reputation.
While the gun placement is admittedly weird, her guns are definitely not bad on an individual level.  All Japanese BBs share the same dispersion formula meaning that the Myogi in fact has the same dispersion as the Yamato at any range.  Of course there's another stat called sigma which also affects things, but Myogi also has decent sigma.  The Myogi's issue lies in her number of barrels.  No matter how accurate she is relatively, it can be very frustrating when she gets a lower raw number of hits.
As for armor, she's sorta squishy, yeah.  But as things progress all BBs tend to be squishy when faced with equal tier BB guns.  Once you get your angling down you'll find she's quite tanky.

I mention this all because the IJN BB line is one of the best in the game and it's really a shame if you give up on them because of the Myogi's 6 barrels.  Kongo is a noticeable upgrade with great firepower, and the Fuso, Nagato, Amagi and Yamato are almost all universally considered great ships.  Even the stinker of the line, Izumo, recently received a buff.  There are very few lines in WoWS that can boast of having no real unfun ships.   I highly recommend giving it another shot!

• Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
43 minutes ago, xAnchobi said:

Weird gun placement 

Trash amour

Detection is nonexistent 

Hell, you just described many of the tier 3-4 BBs! Don't throw in the towel, IJN BBs do get better. You'll love Kongo.

Edited by ReddNekk

[WOLF5]
Members
31 posts
3,225 battles

All per-dreadnought BBs will seem odd and hard to play.

Since they have certain designs that do not meet the modem design we know today.

It gets better after tire VI.

[SYN]
Members
14,871 posts
11,351 battles
14 minutes ago, DBoy_Min said:

All per-dreadnought BBs will seem odd and hard to play.

there's literally only one pre-dreadnought type ship in the game and that's Mikasa.

T3 and above are all dreadnought type ships with an all large gun in turrets design.

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles

lol and while we are at it that darn kawachi.  Cmon dude you are complaining about a ship that is not good where you will usually face ppl that are not good (sometimes you will see some seal clubbers but still)  The ship isnt good because the competition usually isnt good.  You have 200 some odd battles.  play like 1800 more and you will kinda start to get it.  This is not some game where you are just magically good from day one

[TBOW]
Members
257 posts
2,871 battles

I see the ship as a trainer to most of the IJN BB line with more guns aft. You learn how to swing around without exposing to much broadside and angle sufficiently again after firing

[ARMDA]
Members
323 posts
2,523 battles

Myogi :fish_palm:

What a ship; low tier ships are often like this. Once you get to T5 you'll start to enjoy the game more.

[M-O-M]
Members
151 posts
5,144 battles

Greetings:

As I understand it, the Myogi did make it to the blueprint stage around 1911.  It is more like a BC than a BB. The machine was primarily built for speed and not gunfire.  You are supposed to run away from whatever you scouted. That is where the rear guns come into play. Airplanes were not an issue in 1911 so the blueprint do not have AAA of any type.  WG added a AAA version in Release version 4.  The reasons why Myogi was never built was probably due to the the fact that it burned a lot of coal (hence it size) and oil fired ships, with 5 times the efficiency of coal fired ships, were in development.

Myogi is the only ship where I keep both the AAA fantasy upgrade and the blueprint version rather than selling one for credits.  It is also Tier 4--all of the BB are 1st or 2nd generation primitive ships.

NJRoc

Edited by njroc
typos
  • Cool 1

Members
936 posts
2,399 battles
37 minutes ago, Bis_Marckie said:

Lol. I’m on the Kawachi and I cant even hit the broadside of a barn from 5km with all 8 rifles.

The myogi will be much the same except when you do hit most time it will be a overpen.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,985 posts
4,867 battles
6 hours ago, xAnchobi said:

Weird gun placement 

Trash amour

Detection is nonexistent 

Well newbie, I'll save you some trouble and suggest you uninstall and quit the game. Because EVERY tech tree line is going to have it's stinkers. Heck even some premiums are difficult to play. You clearly don't have much grit if a mere tier 4 is going to make you quit.

A shame since many ships in the IJN BB after Myogi: Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi, Yamato are good ships.

• Bad 1

[T-RIP]
Members
1,495 posts
8,989 battles

OP: When you reach Fuso, your opinion will change, stick it out, she's very much worth it, and further up Amagi with her amazing guns then Yammy. ... then you can start on the German BB line, GK rules the day!

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,705 posts

Myogi - charge in with the front gun, then use Myogi's fast speed to retreat while blasting away with it's rear guns.  Myogi is fast - fast enough to run down some cruisers.

[CAST]
Members
1,423 posts
7,924 battles

All low tier BBs have bad dispersion and few guns that don't have a lot of range.  Don't expect the guns to hit anything at max range due to the dispersion.  The Myogi has dispersion of 218 m @15.05km and the Yamato has a dispersion of 275km @ 26.63km for comparison purposes.  The Yamato dispersion at 15.05km is just 155m.  To get the same dispersion value in the Myogi, you need to be at 10.7km.  That kind of gives you an idea where you need to be to hit things reliably.

The worst is not the guns, but the slow speed and low maneuverability, which is still better than the USN line at that tier.  All low tier BBs are slow, though so they compare to each other well.  It does make it difficult to get the ship into good position or to avoid poor positioning.  You have to think well ahead so you don't get yourself into trouble.  If you get the ship into a proper range and angled properly, it will deal damage while not getting beat up too bad.  The trick to all BBs, especially low tier ones, is to not think you need to bring all guns to bear on the target.  That is just asking for trouble.  Just use your front guns and deal a bit less damage, but you will live longer and in the end will actually deal much more damage as the game goes on.

Edited by Murcc

[-V-]
Members
810 posts
3,899 battles

Weird gun placement 

Trash amour

Detection is nonexistent 

It can't be all bad.

I rammed my bow into its port side and it survived while my T6 Arizona sunk.

Members
2,566 posts
4,264 battles

Weird gun placement 

Trash amour

Detection is nonexistent 

You're giving up on an amazing ship.

Fast, long ranged, biggest rifles in tier, 2.0 sigma, solid health and an amazing armor layout.

Point your bow at the enemy then turn slightly until you can unmasks (shoot) your rear turrets. It is something like 34°. At this angle your thick forward bulkhead is angled and your belt is angled beyond auto bounce. You will still take some regular pens but high health and heals helps with this. 

As you approach swing your bow from pointed almost at the enemy out to that unmasking angle to shoot. Then back some. Vary your speed too. Learning the Myogi shuffle and how to aim will help you all the way up this line.

Myogi, will also teach you to protect your sides. Tall citadels with IJN turtle back armor doesn't change but what keeps them competitive is main battery performance. 

Learn what Myogi will teach you.

Members
3,360 posts
1,503 battles

While I consider the Myogi better than the Kawachi, one of the problems is there are 4 upgrades, then a grind for the CV and the Kongo.

While it has few guns, it has top in class speed. 

You are probably better kiting in it than going nose in, which is strange for BB play at low tiers.

[FF]
Members
76 posts
2,333 battles

I feel ya OP...the first 2 IJN BBs were painful...but get to the Fuso, she'll change your mind. Goes from drawling circles around everything you shoot at to actually hitting stuff. I've started working up other lines but and haven't done anything lately with the Nagato...ran a game last night that even though it was a loss...she performed well even in potato hands like mine

unknown-23.png

unknown-22.png