You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Blademaster95

How to upload to youtube?

7 comments in this topic

[AAA]
Members
92 posts
4,670 battles

OK

so I am trying to start my own youtube channel to show replays and such of WOWs games. I am not sure how to upload the replays or convert them to do so. if anyone has any advice on how to do this. that would be extremely helpful!

Thanks all

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,993 posts
4,754 battles

You need a separate game recorder/streaming software in order to record your replays and format it in a video for youtube upload.

AFAIK.

If your computer is poor, then the quality will not be great or smooth or both.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,217 posts
13,845 battles

The replay must be in a format acceptable for Youtube. I use mp4, but there may be others...check the Youtube FAQ.

You might be able to use some of the Windows video capture software that comes with WIN10.  I've never used it.

There are lots of products on the market.  I personally use Bandicam and Bandicut, because I've  used that in the past and am most familiar with it.  I have an affinity for ProShow Gold for the extra content additions, but have yet to go that far with my WOWS uploads.  Again, there are LOTS of products out there, and lots of ways to get from point A (the replay file) to point B (a file you can upload to YouTube).  

Each product tends to require a bit of tweaking to get a finished product.  For example, the replay files provided by WG do not provide end stat screens.  So for me to get those in the finished product, I use the regular windows print screen command at the end of battle to capture the stat screens.  I then bring those screens up and get a ten second Bandicam mp4 snapshot of each one.  I then get a bandicam mp4 shot of the replay.  Once the replay mp4 is finished, I join the ten second stat shots to the end of the replay, producing a finished product that shows the entire game, along with the end screen stats.

At some point I might decide to get more fancy, and use some transition...music, and whatever.  I can do that with ProShow...but I've yet to get the urge.

Printscreen tip:  If you get the print screen stats immediately after a battle ends, the background will match the final background of the WG replay file.  It makes the joined product a bit more nice looking.  

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
1,497 posts
8,545 battles

Replay the file  + Video recording software.... ( my nVidia card has it with it.) This creates a video file. You can record voice over  A) while playing the game and record it on the fly with said software, or B) record the replay of said game and voice over at that point, or C) add voice over in whatever Video Editing software you use to add title and cut segments etc.... Then save the bid file in YouTube friendly mp4 format and upload to the YouTube account you created. It's just that easy, sewt it and forget it!  Easy as Pie... Simple as Cake!!

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,687 posts
10,551 battles

I use the built in windows 10 recorder, and just take screen shots for post battle results. Use whatever ever you want for editing, but get a good microphone if you're doing voice overs. The ones in headsets are fine for voice comms, but may leave a lot to be desired in recording quality.,  

[AAA]
Members
92 posts
4,670 battles

Ok so I used to Geforce Overlay to record videos and then its easy to upload them to youtube. I think my first video is uploading right now but its just gameplay, nothing of me talking. not sure how to get my mic working with my desktop. as I have my desktop plugged into a tv. and I use discord. but the audio never works when I plug it into my desktop

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
44 posts
17,546 battles

Save the replay and take screen shots of the battle results screens.

Like others I use the nVidia tool to record the video from the replay.

I then run the video thru an application called HandBrake to ensure the video/audio stay sync'd (prior to this I was having video/audio come out of sync, its a known issues with fps not being stable, basically handbrake makes the entire video 60fps therefor keeping the audio/video sync'd).

After that ingest the video and game screen shots into Adobe Premier.... edit, and do a quick voice over.

Don't have a lot of subscribers, but I enjoy making the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS8DR7To1Fs-vmRVs5n1evw/videos?view_as=subscriber