You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_1204_

I think I came across a large sum of free xp. How?

4 comments in this topic

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,646 posts
2,637 battles

So I took a 3 month break from WoWS. I came back only once during that time. I was saving both free xp and coal to get Jean Bart and Musashi. I wanted both, but didn't want to buy Musashi for free xp (or coal) in advance and have Jean Bart be free xp too. So I logged in, spent my coal (and regrettably some steel) to get JB, and spent my 750K to get Musashi. I had saved up more than enough, so I had around 250-350k free xp. About 95% sure I saw it was at 335 or so a few days ago. 

I log in tonight to help with CB, and I see Im at 600K. Not complaining but curious. I know I won 50k from a supercontainer, but other than that I see no place it came from. Not missing any significant amount of doubloons... JB and Musashi dont have free xp boosters do they? I thought it either was a welcome back gift after my 3 month break, or was from a mission (been doing a ton of PEF/steel monsters missions). Has there been any giveaway or mission for a significant amount of free XP?

I suppose its possible I ground it all out without keeping track... I have played probably 85 games since Thursday night, many of which I had full draconic flags for. Not complaining, but I was NOT expecting to see 600k free xp when I logged in. Thats a lot of free xp! Maybe Ill get a good CW ship. I know my clan loves it when I roll rentals. Ive heard Henri is a good Stalingrad counter... Or maybe the Russian BBs? Gonna save some for them anyhow but maybe I could just get a free skip? Alaska looks kinda neat, but I am not a fan of cruisers (at all)

• Cool 1

[ARMDA]
Members
323 posts
2,523 battles

It's quite easy to grind Free XP with premium and flags.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,303 posts

you take a break, you earn FXP faster, lol

Edited by Happy668

[ARGSY]
Members
8,151 posts
5,524 battles
9 hours ago, _1204_ said:

I have played probably 85 games since Thursday night, many of which I had full draconic flags for.

Hard to say without seeing what your results were or exactly what flags you were running, but hydra is +250% FXP, Leviathan is +200% FXP, each is +50% ship XP, and if you had Papa Papa or Ouroboros or both mounted on top of that, your FXP totals can get really impressive really quickly. Just those four flags alone make a 1000 BXP game = 2000 ship XP, which is 100 free XP (5%) as the baseline, add nearly 1600 for the bonuses, and this is before we get into ship camo, first-win bonuses or other ship XP flags.

Let's say you were playing a T10 ship with permacamo, with 1000 base XP on a first win to keep the math clean for as long as possible.

1000 base XP --> 1000 ship XP.

Add 1000 XP for the 100% permacamo, that's 2000 ship XP.

Another 500 XP for the first win is 2500 ship XP

1000 XP for red dragon (100% ship XP), that's 3500 ship XP

another 500 for each of hydra and leviathan takes you to 4500 ship XP

Were you running Scylla and Basilisk for credits? Another 125% ship XP together, we're up to 5750 ship XP.

Ouroboros and PP do not add ship XP bonuses, but are 777% and 333% of standard fXP bonuses.

Base free XP is 5% of ship XP, or 287 free XP rounding down, but now we add the multipliers. The combined effect is 777 + 333 + 250 + 200 = 1560% of 287 , or 15.6 x 287, which is an extra 4477 FXP. 

85 games like that is worth about 380,000 free XP. So yeah, it can add up real fast. Obviously some of the games are going to be better and some worse in base XP terms, and not all of those can be first-wins, but you can begin to see where it's all coming from. And I haven't even figured in premium time, which is another 50% (or 65% for warships exclusive) on the base XP that starts all these calculations.