You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrandNetuno

What is the best level 10 battleship?

40 comments in this topic

[DRED]
Members
27 posts
935 battles

I'm coming to the Republique after a long time, but today I wonder if it was worth it. Then comes the great doubt: would not it have been better to have followed the line of Japanese, American or German battleships? What do you think? Which Battleship level 10, in general, can be considered the best? German, Japanese, American or French?

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,794 battles

For inexperienced players none of the

For experience players all of them.

But in all seriousness it depends on your style of play as they bring something different to the table.  I find the kurfurst to be the funnest in a non competitive setting such as random battles.  But the best I can't really answer as thats gonna depend on you.  Any ship in the wrong players hand will not be the best.  Its the player man.  

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,472 posts
10,162 battles

It is a bit of a cliche but it is the one you are able to get the most out of. Also with your match count I don't think you should be worrying about tier 10 yet.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
1,320 posts
2,856 battles

I'd probably go with Monty. great guns and speed.

[YETI]
Members
119 posts
5,701 battles

don't doubt you decision, the Republique is a great ship and a very fun ship.

[HINON]
Members
10,089 posts
56 minutes ago, GrandNetuno said:

I'm coming to the Republique after a long time, but today I wonder if it was worth it. Then comes the great doubt: would not it have been better to have followed the line of Japanese, American or German battleships? What do you think? Which Battleship level 10, in general, can be considered the best? German, Japanese, American or French?

All the t10 bbs can work well however I would offer a word of caution. You seem to have zoomed up the tech tree really fast and your skills are suffering. I recommend starting some of the other lines and working them to t5 or t6. This will improve your overall skills like aiming and positioning. These things become more important the higher up you go.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,617 posts
2,633 battles

They all excel differently. Montana is a tank with a 12 gun broadside, whereas Yamato has the large strike capacity of those monster guns. Republique has a 20 second reload and is faster than anything, and GK is a behemoth with secondaries. Lastly, conq has fire. 

They're all different and all special. Personally, I think there is nothing better than the French Battleships. Every one above tier 6 is a total gem.  However Ships like Yamato, Missouri, Gneis, are all still phenomenal. If you need help deciding, shoot a PM. Played every tech tree BB ion the game (except a few low tier Frenchies.. There were missions that let you skip ahead)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles

Mikasa, undisputed queen of tier 2!

[STAR]
Members
2,954 posts
8,064 battles

Best at what? Tank damage? Deal damage? Good AA? Good secundaries? Mix of everything? 

WG did a pretty good job balancing all T10 ships, they are well balanced and they are all good in the right situation. There is no "best T10 BB", depending on the situation you are in, ir your playstyle you might have a different "best ship".  

[AAA]
Members
542 posts
6,419 battles

There are no bad t10 ships. Each of them have different playstyles. 

For clan battles Yamato and Montana excell. 

Yamamto is a bow tanker with monster gun and huge alpha strike ability. Excels as a sniper in clan punishing cruisers. Plays similarly in randoms. Can overmatch anything bow on.

Montana has the highest dpm. 12 gun broadside and tanky. Legendary mod is great for tank build. I struggle with her slow ap shells but many players excell at landing sniper like precision. 

GK. It’s a blast. Full secondary build. Built like a tank. I push with cruisers blasting secondaries and German dispersion isn’t a problem at 15 km or in. I kept the 420s with faster reloads. 

Republic is a cruiser masquerading as a battle ship albeit with punishing 431 mm main gins that reload every 20 seconds. They hit hard and fly fast. Engage, hit hard, disengage. Or run cruisers down. Secondaries are nice too. 

Conquerer. Do you like burning things down while raking in Dreadnought and fire proof medals? This is your ship. Ap is really good but that he

in short all are fun. Republic and GK are my favorites as I play them as cruiser killers. Monty and yammy are more “traditional” battleships. 

Conq well just burn it all down

[1NJS]
Members
365 posts
2,154 battles
1 hour ago, GrandNetuno said:

Definitely either Montana or Republique. 

Republique though is my best Tier 10. Built for AA and Secondaries. 17.5" guns with 21 second reload, with Adrenaline Rush - 16 seconds. She's a very deadly ship as her guns also have very good sigma and penetration. She has quite a few flaws though. But she does have turtle back armor so the likelihood of it being citadeled at range is slim to none but obviously don't go broadside cause your superstructure will take all the damage just like a Kurfurst.

Montana is the most balanced. Someone above already explained about it.

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
587 posts
13,007 battles
2 hours ago, GrandNetuno said:

They all have their disadvantages.  Best played in a division of supporting ships with a plan.  Some maps favor certain BB's but if they do it means you will rarely see that map.  

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,578 posts
1,064 battles

The Russian BB once it's out.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,162 battles

The best is the Harugamo, wait do you mean best BB or Best burning a BB

Members
2,803 posts
11,794 battles
5 hours ago, GrandNetuno said:

Best at what?