You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

Why the New AA just doesn't work.

9 comments in this topic

[WAG]
Members
1,497 posts
8,518 battles

While it is moderately effective..... it just... it doesn't cut the mustard ( where the quack did that phrase come from any way)

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker

Members
933 posts
2,399 battles

Looks like they def beefed it up but it still looks like it will be unfun to get focused by a cv regardless.

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,064 battles

Many Mushashi will be port queens once this is implemented. 

[WAG]
Members
1,497 posts
8,518 battles
Just now, Krupp_Sabot said:

Looks like they def beefed it up but it still looks like it will be unfun to get focused by a cv regardless.

..... getting focused wouldn't be as bad *if* you could do something... have some impact on the end result..but as it stands it is 100% luck and rng if you thwart an attack,, and even if you do the CV has an endless supply.. .I do not mind the CV having a chance, I just want some actual control over the action.

Members
1,850 posts
3,784 battles
10 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

..... getting focused wouldn't be as bad *if* you could do something... have some impact on the end result..but as it stands it is 100% luck and rng if you thwart an attack,, and even if you do the CV has an endless supply.. .I do not mind the CV having a chance, I just want some actual control over the action.

I'll keep this as cliff notes as possible.  Yes,  technically,  unlimited planes but each plane adds to the respawn of the group.  Each CV only has so many planes in the hangar.  This prevents the stronger units ((Or just more preferred units)) from constantly redeploying,  especially under the new AA.  

No,  one ship should not be able to completely shut down all the attacks a CV can do.  Under the new system ((And old...)) thats a thing that can happen.  But what one ship SHOULD be able to do is heavily damage and shoot down a number of planes as the CV performs their runs.  Damage on ALL CV armaments has gone way the crud down across the board so CV's can no longer deal massive amounts of damage in a strike.  For example,  T10 USN CV's,  the ones capable of launching six torpedoes,  each deal half the damage that they do on live and have such a large arming distance that even hitting three on a single target is an impressive feat.  IJN T10 torpedoes deal closer to the damage they used  to,  but take roughly ((And maybe some hyperbole...)) half the map to arm.  And this is without even taking into consideration torpedo belts.

As for control over the action,  you have it.  Sectors.  Properly keeping your AA sectored will increase your AA and cause spread of armaments or cause armaments to take longer to narrow their aim.  No,  its not great and its far from perfect but giving control of AA would add a completely different can of worms.  Several cans of worms.  Worms that most of us don't actually want opened.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,478 posts
7,691 battles

this is what happens when you bring the ship type that made every other ship type obsolete in naval warfare to a game thats mainly focused on surface combat ships, theres really no in between with CVs, theyre either OP or UP

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,005 posts
7,962 battles
50 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

this is what happens when you bring the ship type that made every other ship type obsolete in naval warfare to a game thats mainly focused on surface combat ships, theres really no in between with CVs, theyre either OP or UP

OVER head.

That's what really terrifies and gets the masses sqealing in fright/rage. Submarines, UNDER neath, will do the same. I can almost hear the jaws theme tune..du dun du dun du Dah! dudududududududud !

Members
1,301 posts
7,663 battles

on top of ship AA, WG really outdid themselves with the ship fighters.

https://www.twitch.tv/flamuu/clip/MistyCrackyOstrichFrankerZ?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

There is a 1 point  skill that adds 1 more fighter, for -40% time on the fighter usage.(seen used in the clip)  even without that skill, it seemed really meh in other battles i watched. 

what i cant figure out is, how did that make it to PTS.  Surely, a dev, someone, spent 3 min testing that and saw how bad it was and would of stopped it from ever getting on PTS.  they plan on shoving this stuff on to the live server in 2 weeks.  

I am pro CV rework, but i can't say i am a fan of what they are about to do.  It doesn't seem ready for live servers.

Edited by Frederick_The_Great

[WAG]
Members
1,497 posts
8,518 battles
12 hours ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

I am pro CV rework, but i can't say i am a fan of what they are about to do.  It doesn't seem ready for live servers.

No... and ... WG doesn't seem to share this observation... the more I think about a 30 sec queue time, it seems like Round Two was more to shut up the user base than it was about needing a round 2 to test anything... why have 30 sec queue? All it did was ensure battles had mostly bots and often no CV... it was a bit pointless... kind like our feedback.