You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rickjoshi1765

This Report/Compliment thing is just silly to me

13 comments in this topic

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles

Ok so I want to see what you think of my opinion of this report/comp thing.  First off things like racism or extremely rude stuff in chat or serious matters should absolutely not be tolerated and have valid reasons to be reported.  This would fall under the misbehavior in chat category.  I'm all for that.  But lets look at the rest.

1. AFK - ok so i get it.  There are cases where ships are AFK.  I think that the majority of times for this must be because of a loading problem.  If its not, well I know that it is some of the time because its happened to me before where the game gets a critical error or whatever.  How many people are loading a game and then laughing going hahaha im gonna go do something else so the team loses?  

2. Plays poorly - Some people just havent learned the game.  So if they are new and they play poorly we should report them?  How do we know if they are new or not?  I need to go investigate this info then report if they have X number of battles or crap stats?  Then the team will say report such in such because he sucks.  This seems like some tattle tail school thing lol.  

3. Unsporting behavior - Who is qualified to determine what is or is not unsporting behavior?  Sounds like we are referees? 

Ive seen cases where someone gets reported just because they killed the guy or things similar.  Its dumb.  

Compliments are fine I guess but the good manners one seems silly.  Ive seen someone go in chat and say comp me and ill comp you back.  Its crazy

I know this karma thing is not something super serious and it may not be that big of a deal, but it gets misused quite a bit.  And if it in fact doesn't really mean anything other than you get some camos or something what is the point of it at all?  Someone dies and wants to blame you then report you for example.  For what?  I guess no system will be perfect but this current one just seems like its some sort of power trip type thing for people.  

• Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[KNTAI]
Members
2,188 posts
9,528 battles

It allows you to vent / ego boost, it’s nothing super serious. It’s not supposed to be a system that affects the players/game on any grad scale.

[TNG]
Members
1,001 posts
12,727 battles

u can play well and get + karma or play bad and be nice :)    but you cant play  bad and be rude :)

[ARMDA]
Members
323 posts
2,523 battles

Don't worry too much about it; it doesn't work in its current state.

Members
76 posts
5,624 battles

WG realized that it is a poor system and mentioned plans to eventually rework the system but it was a low priority. I agree that in its current state it almost a troll function. Potato out and your team will report you for poor play. Do well and a salty adversary will report you for poor play. Then we have the flip side where you can be complemented in the same scenarios. My advise, don't take it seriously.

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,063 battles

Psssst - wanna know a secret?

Karma doesn't do anything. At all.

Boom! Mind blown.

Now, OP, you can relax and you never need to worry about karma ever again.

[OPGS]
Members
89 posts
14,302 battles
1 hour ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

Karma doesn't do anything. At all.

While true.. This is also false.. Enough misbehavior in chat will get one chat banned for 24 hours

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles
5 hours ago, BirdForce said:

While true.. This is also false.. Enough misbehavior in chat will get one chat banned for 24 hours

yes and my whole point it that misbehavior in chat is literally the one that is actually legitimate.  afk and plays poorly is just some trolly or something that can be used for the wrong reasons.  Some of the ppl just don't understand the game like ppl that have 9k battles or your number of battles.  And albeit a "not real" punishment it is still discouraging.  Its like going to college.  The professor that has a PhD forgot what it was like to not know stuff.  They think you should just understand.  And thats what happens here to some extent.  Its stupid in my opinion.  And Im willing to bet even if a player is just mad and you end up being the one that did the most, they report you just out of anger.  

Edited by Rickjoshi1765

[VW]
Members
2,189 posts
13,421 battles

Dont forget free +1 for clanmates. The system is pointless, it should be removed.

Edited by monpetitloup

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles
2 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Dont forget free +1 for clanmates. The system is pointless, it should be removed.

I agree

[HOTH]
Beta Testers
19 posts
6,299 battles

Honestly they should scrap the system as it stands. Since the only time WG takes unsportsmanlike conduct is when you put in a ticket. IDK, its a nice pat on the back sometimes but I wouldn't worry about it currently

[SYN]
Members
3,271 posts
15,259 battles

If it is silly to you don't use it

[WOLFB]
Members
2,097 posts
9,537 battles
44 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

In games like this, clanmate definitely deserve a compliment. And if he wasn't my clanmate I would still compliment him for his works in the red team.

If you're talking about complimenting div clanmate, well no you can't. 

shot-19.01.10_14.37.12-0399.jpg