You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

How is it possible to have a sub 35% WR?

200 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
362 posts
1,432 battles

My last game was a nightmare (again..), completely outclassed by a better team, cobbled with some truly stupid manoeuvres from my team (ie. Colorado leading the charge to the cap then dying stupidly in a sea of torps 3m into the game). anyway my team was massacred without a single enemy kill. A bit peeved at the stacked team I looked at some of the profiles on my teammates after the game, 2 of our DD players had 30% win rates, the Colorado nub has 35% (surprise) and most of the cruisers were all around 40%, while the equivalent enemy team was all around the 45-55% area. Nice fair matchup..:P 

How do players get this bad? Its a 50-50 coin toss most games and unless a particular players is exceptionally good at guessing the enemy and where to attack most cannot carry a team. Same with having a incredibly bad player on your team, unless he's a CV or top BB by a tier level most of the time you can cover their bad play.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

45% WR is ok ??? 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 5

[ARMDA]
Members
322 posts
2,518 battles

My condolences. Maybe they don't have many battles, so one battle could impact their winrates greatly. Since they don't have many battles, they wouldn't have much experience as well. On the other hand, maybe they're just complete potatoes.

Edited by destawaits

[SF-A]
Members
2,974 posts
6,114 battles

Could be any of these:

• Few games (low denominator and high exacerbation of an otherwise reasonable outlier)
  • Incredible bad luck
  • Throwing, AFKing, sync-dropping, or TKs for intentional losses
  • Divisions of poor players causing themselves to lose more (exact converse of unicum divisions)
  • Poor connection or other (perhaps chemical) impairment of their play
  • Enormous, limitless stupidity

Likely a convergence of several of these to get that low.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,933 posts
9,049 battles

It's a bit more than 50-50. Your choosing 24 players at random, your assigning 12 at random, and each team can have very different ships that can complete change how the team needs to function to win if say one team has more point blank brawlers and the other has long range high accuracy snipers. And that is even before you factor in RNG and flat out luck such as accidentally hitting a key but it causes say a torp spread to miss. 

Plus those stats it highly depends on how many battles do they have, if they have a lot did they maybe potato a while but then get good and you see them on an off game, tons of possibilities. 

[PT]
Members
362 posts
1,432 battles
8 minutes ago, destawaits said:

My condolences. Maybe they don't have many battles, so one battle could impact their winrates greatly. Since they don't have many battles, they wouldn't have much experience as well. On the other hand, maybe they're just complete potatoes.

The lowest percentage guy had 90 battles, the other sub 35%er had about 350, not a huge amount but still enough for a pattern.

Members
3,353 posts
1,482 battles

At 350 a lot of people still don't know (or maybe even want to know) how the game works.

The other thing to consider is that there are 65% winrate players. 

Someone has to balance them out.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,794 posts
2,493 battles
40 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Colorado leading the charge to the cap

I'm still stuck here. How is it even possible for a CO to be first anywhere?

Also, I find this post ironic considering your sig line.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[STW-M]
Beta Testers
273 posts
7,751 battles

haha im sorry im that bad, i loss most my matches all the time as  I AM thee worst player in all servers. I dont care what anyone says, im Proud to be a [edited] player. Besides almost all my matches i end up being in a tier X match and the only tier 8 in the match regarless of how many people are on. Im pretty sure that happens a lot to other people and well being out classed in every catagory makes it hard for the tier 8 to really do much thus your win rate goes down and down some more. If mm was a little more balance things would be diffrent as when im in a strickly tier 8 game i do pretty damn good and do decent numbers. But i am a Potato and the king of potatos 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
10,261 posts
4,594 battles

Co-worker of mine is a sub 35, turns out he plays on a laptop with no mouse.. touchpad only. Thankfully only 300 battles.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
34 posts
5,429 battles

Having come from WOT, if they have a couple of thousand games and have a sub 45% in ALL their ships. Its pretty clear evidence that 

these players just have a low game IQ and nothing can  help them. They play a BB or a CA or DD the same, never able to understand 

game play.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,162 battles

It is because people do not want to try to learn the game and try to get better at it.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
934 posts
2,399 battles

I think the smaller teams makes it so skill has a greater effect on WR. That is why i'm surprised Divs are 3 instead of 2.

[MUG-T]
Members
34 posts
1,019 battles
14 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Co-worker of mine is a sub 35, turns out he plays on a laptop with no mouse.. touchpad only. Thankfully only 300 battles.

Seriously? who plays like this? even a cheapo mouse would make a huge difference... why...

• Bad 1

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

Pretty nice nobody has a thin foil hat theory over this. 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,303 posts
1 hour ago, LunchCutter said:

My last game was a nightmare (again..), completely outclassed by a better team, cobbled with some truly stupid manoeuvres from my team (ie. Colorado leading the charge to the cap then dying stupidly in a sea of torps 3m into the game). anyway my team was massacred without a single enemy kill. A bit peeved at the stacked team I looked at some of the profiles on my teammates after the game, 2 of our DD players had 30% win rates, the Colorado nub has 35% (surprise) and most of the cruisers were all around 40%, while the equivalent enemy team was all around the 45-55% area. Nice fair matchup..:P 

How do players get this bad? Its a 50-50 coin toss most games and unless a particular players is exceptionally good at guessing the enemy and where to attack most cannot carry a team. Same with having a incredibly bad player on your team, unless he's a CV or top BB by a tier level most of the time you can cover their bad play.

In answer to your query: South Carolina, Kawachi, Myogi, Emerald, Acasta, Icarus, Jervis, Mutsuki, ...

Alpha Tester
10,261 posts
4,594 battles
43 minutes ago, Corvette3 said:

Seriously? who plays like this? even a cheapo mouse would make a huge difference... why...

Will have to ask next time I see him. Haven't been able to since finding this out.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,633 posts
2,633 battles

Mathematically, in a win/loss scenario, under 30% is absurd. However, when you are in a carrier, its basically a 1v1 that has an effect on the whole game. It is easy for the carrier mains to have super low WRs, because they just get deplaned and the Enemy doesn't have to deal with aircraft, and the friendly side does

• Cool 1

Members
41 posts
3,333 battles

Well, I have a hypothesis. 

My friends and I sometimes have a rule: play for the first win of each ship each day. So as we get the bonus, we switch ship. And when we are done, we get out. If we stick to the rules, we will have  more losses than wins. But this alone cannot explain the that low a win rate.

And if you are a new player and you are juggling with a bundle of ships you don't really know how to play. I guess it's possible.  

[GT99]
Members
399 posts
6,396 battles
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I'm still stuck here. How is it even possible for a CO to be first anywhere?

Also, I find this post ironic considering your sig line.

Yeah man, conspiracy there, how the hell did a Colo get to full speed within that time frame.......sounds fishy there bro :Smile_amazed:

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
721 posts
2 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I know a guy who plays on an 80 inch TV. its painful to watch the glacial speed that his cursor tracks.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
736 posts
6,246 battles

Low game IQ. There's always exceptions like physical limitations but it's usually the former. As stated by others, if somebody's stats suck in everything even after thousands of games with no signs of improvement, there's absolutely nothing that can be done for them. Best thing you can do is log off for a bit or just hit the battle button as I doubt MM will ever be altered to account for player skill. Division play is basically the only counter but if the other 9 players on your team are awful you're still screwed lol

Edited by HeathenForay

Members
70 posts
8,039 battles

Good question.....

You can log in and sail in circles and get a 40% win rate.

Edited by Renuz
  • Bad 1