You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

17 comments in this topic

[M-O-M]
Members
150 posts
5,135 battles

Greetings:

Since the release of Version 7.12 of WOW, I have determined that it is a software release in need of scrapping so that WOWS can return to 7.10.  

The game is too unstable to play reliably.   It often refuses to load at all or it will load, one picks their ship to play, hits the battle button, and the game refuses to load you into a match.  When close the program and restart it, you will enter the match at the end and most of the time be classified as AFK and penalized 3 games and be pinked.  It has happened to me at least 75 times with 2 sets of 3 pinks today alone.

I am now seeing teams composed of 50% pink players when I do enter some matches.  Those have to be false AFKs and not team players killing each other.

When I do play, I have been staying at Tier 3-6 to assure that I can either enter a match or, if the match maker fails, I can restart the game and be entered in the match in time to pay 1-2 minutes so that I can hit a target and move around enough to avoid the AFK penalty.  I had to do that twice yesterday with a Hosho and a PEF.

I do not think this is an isolated matter.  It started when 7.12 went live.  WOWS needs to restore 7.10 so that gamers can use their ships without having to worry about being "AFKed" improperly.  Version 7.12 needs to be repaired to be reliable.

In the meantime, players need to shut the game down after EVERY MATCH and restart the WOWS before proceeding with the next match.  This will minimize the the accidental AFK issue.  I would also stay at Tier 6 or lower for matches (Tier 5 would probably be the highest one should go).  It seems that Tier 3 is optimal because the Tier 1-2 matches are too short to recover from when the program stops working (thus yielding false AFKs). Tier 3-5 gives you a chance to restart the program so that you can get some play time in and avoid the AFK.

This issue is particularly acute on slightly aged gaming computers although new one may have the same issue.  This problem is more of a concern than the anticipated CV rework in my humble opinion.  Happy Gaming.

NJRoc

Edited by njroc
typo in url
  • Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Members
7,619 posts
3,243 battles
6 minutes ago, njroc said:

It often refuses to load at all or it will load, one picks their ship to play, hits the battle button, and the game refuses to load you into a match.  When close the program and restart it, you will enter the match at the end

I see this quite a bit too.  Support refuses to deal with it since I usually run mods.  Do you run mods?

Btw, I had it happen within a week of the drop of 0.7.12 without mods.  IMO, there is no evidence that it is version-specific.  My worst period for the 'load lock' was back in August. 

To fix, immediately kill the game client from Task Manager (DO NOT click Exit game) and restart. You should be back in battle inside 3 minutes.  A load lock almost never results in a AFK for me unless I try to wait it out.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,484 posts
10,170 battles

This is the first I have heard of this and I have not been seeing more pink players than normal. You need to look closer to your end first, drivers - update or revert, run the repair option from the launcher, and if you are running any mods remove them.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,320 posts
2,856 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

This is the first I have heard of this and I have not been seeing more pink players than normal. You need to look closer to your end first, drivers - update or revert, run the repair option from the launcher, and if you are running any mods remove them.

I have. Getting a pink per game isn't uncommon in the last couple weeks. I've even had a few games the other night seeing two pinks consistently.

Ever since upgrading to a new faster PC though i have 0 connection issues. Used to have the fail load of doom.

Maybe the OP's PC is a bit old?

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
684 posts
5,898 battles

I haven't had this issue personally nor seen an increase of pink players (other then my div mates torping me in a win).

I do have a friend who had this issue though with a new pc build. He was recommended to remove his preferences file and then it would be rebuilt on the next login. 

He has tried that and it appears to have corrected it for him. But as i didn't have the issue nor the written solution (only verbal) id test this by backing up (rename) the preferences file and not removing it. 

[TDRB]
Members
1,839 posts
6,150 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I would also run Malwarebytes along with your antivirus app. It's free and does an excellent job of removing malware that you may not know you have.

[M-O-M]
Members
150 posts
5,135 battles
14 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I see this quite a bit too.  Support refuses to deal with it since I usually run mods.  Do you run mods?

Btw, I had it happen within a week of the drop of 0.7.12 without mods.  IMO, there is no evidence that it is version-specific.  My worst period for the 'load lock' was back in August. 

To fix, immediately kill the game client from Task Manager (DO NOT click Exit game) and restart. You should be back in battle inside 3 minutes.  A load lock almost never results in a AFK for me unless I try to wait it out.

I run the game without mods.  Task manager may be a good idea because it would reduce restart time by about 60 seconds.

NJRoc

[UDEAD]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,380 posts
3,866 battles
29 minutes ago, njroc said:

I am now seeing teams composed of 50% pink players when I do enter some matches.  Those have to be false AFKs and not team players killing each other.

I would like to see a screenshot of that.

• Cool 1

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,290 posts
7,780 battles

No problems on my end.

Windows 10, 32 GB DDR4, i7-6700, GTX-970 

[UDEAD]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,380 posts
3,866 battles
5 minutes ago, njroc said:

I run the game without mods.  Task manager may be a good idea because it would reduce restart time by about 60 seconds.

NJRoc

Thats what I usually do when my game locks up.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
7,619 posts
3,243 battles
15 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

So is mine so that may have something to do with it.  As best I can tell, the problem happens when the server cannot or does not synch with the client when waiting on the load screen.  Notice the little round icon on your line.  It will go solid when you are synch'd.  If it stays hollow the server won't talk to you any further.  Re-starting lets the synch at least re-try.

Again, I don't think this problem has much to do with a purported increase in AFK pinkies. It is fairly common, though, to see pink ships AFK, so there is a synch problem and has been for a while.  What's new is the Warning.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,484 posts
10,170 battles
21 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I have. Getting a pink per game isn't uncommon in the last couple weeks. I've even had a few games the other night seeing two pinks consistently.

Ever since upgrading to a new faster PC though i have 0 connection issues. Used to have the fail load of doom.

Getting a pink per game isn't uncommon in the last year or more. With the PEF tasks people are pushing and pushing leads to mistakes.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,447 battles

I think you guys need better computers. I havent had any issues. And I am in a place with Poor internet. 

[WOLF9]
Members
7,619 posts
3,243 battles
Just now, Lonewolfpj said:

I think you guys need better computers. I havent had any issues. And I am in a place with Poor internet. 

Do you work in PC sales?  That's their line.  Everything is "buy a new one" instead of fixing what is wrong with the old one.  Like money grows on trees.

[WOLF5]
Members
470 posts
7,986 battles

vast majority of players have no up-mentioned problems.....Game has it`s glitches, as usual,, but nothing like OP suggests ...? Very likely local issues at their end.  

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,064 battles

No issues with me, but I do have a good anti virus software. 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,447 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Do you work in PC sales?  That's their line.  Everything is "buy a new one" instead of fixing what is wrong with the old one.  Like money grows on trees.

Yeah buy buy buy got to keep the economy growing