Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Syn77

Coal ships

5 comments in this topic

[TF77V]
Members
2 posts
2,428 battles

Hi all!

Any rumor when more coal ships may be released?  I have enough coal for JB but if more ships are coming soon I may wait...

[ARGSY]
Members
8,069 posts
5,480 battles

The "Soon" ship listed in the Arsenal has a price which is obscured but very clearly appears to be steel. A Tier 3 coal ship, Charleston, was just released for 15,000 coal and both Salem and Jean Bart are relatively new. 

We have five new known premium ships coming down the pipeline. Alaska is confirmed for a million FXP; she may (as did Musashi) or may not (as Kronshtadt didn't) become a coal ship. Azuma and Neustrashimy are vying for the Soon slot, IMO. The others are the IJN T5 CL Yahagi and the British T5 CA Exeter. If Yahagi is as lacklustre as some CC's are making her out to be, she might yet be a straight-to-coal ship (supplementing or replacing Yubari), but Exeter (or in fact any British heavy cruiser) has been demanded so long and loudly that cash sales will be a no-brainer.

The ships you are probably most interested in are Neustrashimy and Azuma. However, you need to determine what you WANT in your fleet and what you NEED in your fleet. I bought Salem instead of Jean Bart because my fleet NEEDED an economical-to-run T10 cruiser more than it needed a second T9 premium battleship so soon after Musashi.

If you either already have or do not want Musashi and/or Kronshtadt, time is on your side. Sit on your coal and wait to see what a broad range of WG-CC's including (but not limited to) Mouse have to say about it.

[WOLF2]
Members
389 posts
12,158 battles

They have a “coming soon” placeholder in the arsenal now.  Other than that....I have no idea. Speculation is that the coming soon ship might be the tier 10 IJN CA Azuma.

[WOLF2]
Members
389 posts
12,158 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The "Soon" ship listed in the Arsenal has a price which is obscured but very clearly appears to be steel.

Oops....didn’t know that part....ignore what I said.  Posting on my iPhone from work....it’s boring here today at the NAPA store.

[TF77V]
Members
2 posts
2,428 battles

Thanks.... I'd really like Azuma but have no steel.  Hoping that Azuma will end up being coal, or Alaska.  I've thought about Salem but it's too similar to DM, and the little I've played USN cruisers I'm not a huge fan.

Sign in to follow this