You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Mushy and Kron -- what will replace them?

43 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
7,659 posts
3,254 battles

There's a little guy inside me that keeps murmuring that the replacement for Mushi-Shi will be Missouri.  He won't stay slapped.  But if he's right, and I spend the FXP I could have spent on Big Mo, then homocide may result.

But the question is valid.  Alaska and/or what?

And while we're on the topic, if I do decide to spend the FXP, Mushashi or Kronshtadt?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles

It almost certainly won't be MO. Alaska is basically confirmed at this point, we know its a FXP ship (1 mil) so it seems safe to assume she will be replacing Mushy and Kron with this next patch.

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff

[WOLF9]
Members
7,659 posts
3,254 battles
6 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

My best guesses:

Sorry, I don't recognize the ships.  The right seems to be a Japanese CA.  But isn't that a railgun in the front turret of the left-hand ship?

[HSD]
Members
363 posts
9,929 battles

Musashi is a Yamato with a different name and tweaked characteristics.

Less accurate and worse AA, but enjoys being T9, which occasionally nets games with T7 ships.

If you like the Yamato play/style the Musashi will be an enjoyable ship and a worthwhile purchase, you just have guns that are more inconsistent.

Kronshtadt is more of a unique play experience being a strange hybrid between BB and CA, so if you are after a more unique play experience Kronshtadt would be the way to go. But this does come at the cost of the guns being a bit wonky, I personally have mostly noticed this wonkiness against DDs and the smaller Cruisers, against BBs it isn't so bad. But sometimes you will have frustrating salvos "just cause".

I would say the Kronshtadt is the harder to maximize the potential and enjoyment of, Musashi is relatively easy to get decent performance out of. In my opinion Kronshtadt is more frustrating and has a lower potential in terms of player applied skills. Musashi while easier (relative term) also can elevate more with player skill because all told you are still wielding 460mm guns and effective application of those deletes ships.

[PVE]
Members
7,249 posts
12,509 battles

Just for arguments sake who says there has to be 2? Maybe Alaska is it?

The T9 RU DD would be the logical one of those coming if they do 2 IMO. Azuma will most likely be Steel with a possibility of Coal. I doubt it will be FXP however.  There has never been a T8 FXP ship but Wichita maybe?

Would not surprise me if it is just Alaska. Would not surprise me if Alaska is the last FXP ship too as they seem to want to go the Steel and Coal route now.

Oh, and Missouri is not coming back to the tech tree. Your only chance at that now is a SC or in a Santa crate. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
7,249 posts
12,509 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Sorry, I don't recognize the ships.  The right seems to be a Japanese CA.  But isn't that a railgun in the front turret of the left-hand ship?

T10 IJN CA Azuma and that new RU T9 DD

[HSD]
Members
363 posts
9,929 battles
10 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

My best guesses:

O2rrNFB.png

Left is Neutrashimy (sp?) RU DD, T9

Right is Azuma. IJN super cruiser/Battlecruiser/Large cruiser, T10

Both are being tested,

[WOLF9]
Members
7,659 posts
3,254 battles
4 minutes ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

Thanks for the characterization of Kronshtadt.  I don't have Yamato (still at Nagato until I can afford Amagi), so that analogy doesn't help.  But the third option is 'neither' and your description of play speaks to that. 

Interesting alternatives!  Another argument for saving the FXP.

Ya want to make people crazy?  Bring back Missouri as a Steel ship. 

Members
659 posts
5,656 battles
29 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

My best guesses:

O2rrNFB.png

Regrettably neither of these are particularly interesting at the moment.

On the right we have.... another cruiser pretending to be a battleship.

On the left we have.... Ognevoi but heal.

Most of the current test ships look like a real let-down as of late honestly. Holding out on Exeter being coal as Exeter is the only interesting one at the moment.

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,593 posts
1,105 battles

Isn’t the French BB replacing the Mushashi ?

[GTA]
Members
28 posts
9,162 battles
4 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Isn’t the French BB replacing the Mushashi ?

I assume you're talking about the Bourgogne which is a steel ship already.  I doubt it will change.

• Bad 1

[WOLF9]
Members
7,659 posts
3,254 battles

You mean Jean Bart?  I don't think that's available for FXP.

[LANCE]
Members
468 posts
4,069 battles

My guess :

Azuma - Steel ship

Neutrashimy - Coal or Fxp

Alaska - Coal or Fxp

Id lean more towards the Alaska being FXP and Neutrashimy as being Coal.

Please excuse spellings as I’m typing on the phone and have no reference etc..

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
465 posts
6,037 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

My best guesses:

O2rrNFB.png

Based on the picture on the steel ship with soon written on it having a straight angled bow with a single turret up front, as opposed to the curved bow with 2 turrets up front, I think that the ship on the left (T9 RU DD Neustrashimy) will be available for steel (but not for free xp or coal). 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,905 posts
12,189 battles

I think the idea of Missouri coming back as a replacement, is nothing more than wishful thinking.

[EQRN]
Members
656 posts
10,091 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Would not surprise me if it is just Alaska. Would not surprise me if Alaska is the last FXP ship too as they seem to want to go the Steel and Coal route now.

My gut feeling too.  I won’t lose too much sleep if there isn’t another fxp ship, but would appreciate WG starting definitively what the case will be.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,686 posts
8,169 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

I think the idea of Missouri coming back as a replacement, is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Missouri coming back would be amazing, if very unlikely.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,905 posts
12,189 battles
15 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Missouri coming back would be amazing, if very unlikely.

I think we'd be more likely to get back a different Iowa, rather than Missouri.  Kentucky in particular is intriguing, because they have more freedom as to what they can do with her since she was never completed.

[USFF]
Members
183 posts
5,785 battles

If they go away from FXP ships wth are we all supposed to do with it? Once you have all the silver ships FXP just amasses. 

[INTEL]
Members
1,031 posts
9,184 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

There's a little guy inside me that keeps murmuring that the replacement for Mushi-Shi will be Missouri.  He won't stay slapped.  But if he's right, and I spend the FXP I could have spent on Big Mo, then homocide may result.

But the question is valid.  Alaska and/or what?

And while we're on the topic, if I do decide to spend the FXP, Mushashi or Kronshtadt?

Even on the slightest chance Mo comes back, it'll probably be here long enough to earn the FXP to get her.  Get what you want out of what's here now or what's here Soontm (Alaska).  If it were me, I'd get the Musashi and start saving again for the Alaska.  Again, once here, you'll likely have enough time to save up before she's gone.

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,593 posts
1,105 battles

I don’t think Mo is going to come back other than Santa crates. 

Beta Testers
695 posts

I find this extremely frustrating.  IMO, they should hold back on pulling the Kron and Mush until at least a month after the Alaska arrives.  Or not pull them at all.  I don’t like any of the FXP ships options and I’m still sitting on 1.3 mil. It is just irritating because you don’t know what they’re going to do with free XP. You don’t know if they’re going to be many more ships available at all, and if so if they’re worth a damn.  

For an “OP Ship,” the Kronstadt sure has been getting lousy reports and reviews from the general population.  That’s the one that most interests me but not enough to buy.  And haven’t there been far more Mush’s sold than Krons?  The Alaska still has question marks and it’s impossible to know if it’s worth the wait and the risk.

B57F68A3-AD3D-4E9F-8DE6-3B14F1ADA49D.gif

Members
1,307 posts
7,697 battles

I was hoping for a high tier FXP DD that would be fun to play, but the one in testing doesn't seem like that much fun.   I have the ognovoi currently(tier 8 version of the one in testing), and that thing is a meme ship up and down.  Stock hull has 2x3 torp launchers that reload in under 1 min.   You can torp before your other torps run out.  Next hull has 2x5 which are not too bad.    The gun power is bad, meh turret angles. it handles poorly, and yet it has 6.1km concealment.  I am not sure if its a blessing or not its concealment is so bad compared to the other tier 8 DDs.  I guess it keeps you from getting close where your clumsiness would get you torped.  Now you bring that up to tier 9, and i dont see how it is worth the probable 1mil FXP.  Sure you get the 3 mil slot, heal, and groz guns but its still only 4 guns max on meh turret angles.  It doesn't help that i view pretty much all of the tier 9 DDs very highly, so trying to be as good as them is pretty hard.  Many of those tier 9 DDs to me are tier 9.5, with some around equal to the tier 10.