Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rhyker_1

german teir 9 f der grobe

31 comments in this topic

[LSD]
Members
16 posts
5,146 battles

Hi

i would like to ask a question that has been asked 100000000 times over! what is it with the really crappy play style of the german tier 9 BB f der grobe. i do realize that tier 9 is historically rather [edited] but you really outdone yourselves with this boat. even after the "fix" it cant hit anything. its supposed to be an upgraded Bismark! if only! steering, gun dispersion the can catch so quickly fire buy looking at it! outdoing the french BB's. its a really horrible experience! your fix did nothing! i can only imagine what it was like before!

Can you do something to fix this?

i have never played a worst boat in this game!  

BTW my deepest respect to the guys that grinded through it. i can only imagine the pain and broken keyboards.

Members
1,899 posts
509 battles
7 minutes ago, Rhyker_1 said:

Hi

i would like to ask a question that has been asked 100000000 times over! what is it with the really crappy play style of the german tier 9 BB f der grobe. i do realize that tier 9 is historically rather [edited] but you really outdone yourselves with this boat. even after the "fix" it cant hit anything. its supposed to be an upgraded Bismark! if only! steering, gun dispersion the can catch so quickly fire buy looking at it! outdoing the french BB's. its a really horrible experience! your fix did nothing! i can only imagine what it was like before!

BTW my deepest respect to the guys that grinded through it. i can only imagine the pain and broken keyboards.

#1 the ship is not your problem... especially after seeing your BM performance...
and MOST IMPORTNATLY...
#2... you seem to have ZERO battles in the FDG.... so what is it you are babbling about???

I did fine in mine... not great  but 57% ain't all that bad I think... (Not this account either BTW)

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles
12 minutes ago, Rhyker_1 said:

Hi

Grind it.  You won't care anymore after you do cause the next one is fun.  

[-SYN-]
[-SYN-]
Alpha Tester
1,168 posts
4,829 battles

I loved the FDG. The problem is people don't use it as intended. Like most problems in thos game, this complaint thread boils down to two words: user error.

Members
1,899 posts
509 battles
5 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I loved the FDG. The problem is people don't use it as intended. Like most problems in thos game, this complaint thread boils down to two words: user error.

he has to USE it first....

[LSD]
Members
16 posts
5,146 battles
4 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

yeah seriously, you didnt find that the arc of the front guns and the rear guns are different? and how does one play it? spray n pray? to do some real damage you need to full braodside and get punished for doing. User error? i think not

[HINON]
Members
10,105 posts

I found using the armor and going for maximum ROF made it useable, not my favorite for sure but it was decent enough. She has received some buffs since I worked through her so it should be a bit better.

Members
1,899 posts
509 battles
2 minutes ago, Rhyker_1 said:

yeah seriously, you didnt find that the arc of the front guns and the rear guns are different? and how does one play it? spray n pray? to do some real damage you need to full braodside and get punished for doing. User error? i think not

ok;.;.;.   copy and paste the ship stats you  have in it... and some people can look at it and give some advice about moving in to fast... not enough damage   etc...

[LSD]
Members
16 posts
5,146 battles
2 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

lol yes. i hear you! if its suck a great ship why did they feel the need to fix then?

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles

Why are you looking up how many battles he plays in it?  OP just asked a question.  Maybe he has another account too like you. It doesn't matter and is irrelevant to the question

Members
1,899 posts
509 battles
6 minutes ago, Rickjoshi1765 said:

Why are you looking up how many battles he plays in it?  OP just asked a question.  Maybe he has another account too like you. It doesn't matter and is irrelevant to the question

THATS WHY I ASKED.,... so we can look at his numbers and help

it is 100% relevant to this thread... he is asking how to do better so.... how is that not relevant???

and why I ADDED that in my main account I had it and did OK in it at 57%.... I did not have as many issues as the GKF I am having now... for some reason I AM WORSE IN IT THAN THE FDG...lol

dont be so fast to be that guy...
this is the second thread about a player whining about a ship they NEVER PLAYED... and I am sick have a 101 fever and am cranky...

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[LSD]
Members
16 posts
5,146 battles
15 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

#1 the ship is not your problem... especially after seeing your BM performance...
and MOST IMPORTNATLY...
#2... you seem to have ZERO battles in the FDG.... so what is it you are babbling about???

I did fine in mine... not great  but 57% ain't all that bad I think... (Not this account either BTW)

ok BM? not familiar, but yes i have had very little games in the F der grobe. does one need to spend 100 battles to realize something isn't right? i

[FML]
Members
2,132 posts
11,219 battles
2 minutes ago, Rickjoshi1765 said:

Stats can suggest certain things about how the OP has played the ship.

For instance, a 0% survival rate might suggest the OP just yolos  into the centre of the map at the start of the match to use its sonar and secondaries against DDs - no ship is going to do well doing that.

Or a low main battery hit rate might suggest either that the OP is too far away trying to snipe with a German BB, and/or needs practice aiming at high tier ships. Both are not the fault of the FdG. 

Members
1,899 posts
509 battles
Just now, Rhyker_1 said:

ok BM? not familiar, but yes i have had very little games in the F der grobe. does one need to spend 100 battles to realize something isn't right? i

I think so,.,,
BM Bismarck.,..
I have 56% in it and 57% in the FDG...
and I am doing pretty crappy in the GKF so far... but I keep trying... and so should you...let see some stats and perhaps help a little...

Members
1,899 posts
509 battles
2 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

For instance, a 0% survival rate might suggest the OP just yolos  into the centre of the map at the start of the match to use its sonar and secondaries against DDs - no ship is going to do well doing that.

Or a low main battery hit rate might suggest either that the OP is too far away trying to snipe with a German BB, and/or needs practice aiming at high tier ships. Both are not the fault of the FdG. 

UuogzoC.gif

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles

He is being calmer and more helpful now.  Im not arguing that stats are not something that can give info.  He was being moody earlier lol

[LSD]
Members
16 posts
5,146 battles
8 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

ok so go in to fast is wrong hang back is wrong, aiming at higher tiers is to be learned on really horrible dispersion is attainable! yes thats why this ship is the worst grind in the Bb line.

Edited by Rhyker_1
spelling

[FML]
Members
2,132 posts
11,219 battles
48 minutes ago, Rhyker_1 said:

Hi

So, there is no one answer. My experience with FdG is that it eats full pens for days, though you only get citted if you’ve failed. 

Really, the strong secondaries on this ship are a trap. The key to using her is controlled aggression and focusing on surviving to late battle. Kinda like the Gneisenau more so than the Bismarck.

Early in a match, plan an escape route first then only spend 30 seconds in the hot glare of enemy fire. Shoot back - prioritise enemy cruisers. Hide and heal up - whilst hiding, shoot if you see a good opportunity, but don’t be afraid to stay silent. Use sonar to passively spot enemy torps for your team (rather than for self-defence).

Later, once healed a bit and cooldown timers returning to zero, go into the sun again but you should be able to last a bit longer as fewer enemies. Shoot anything low HP. Hide, heal up again. 

Late battle, you should become quite aggressive, trying to close range and finally make use of those good secondaries. Prioritise battleships, particularly low HP ones. Use your sonar to pick up torps fired by any surviving DDs, or spot ships through islands (cos reasons) or smoke. Your secondaries should set fires on the BB that their DCP or heals may not be able to handle if they have been in the sun too long. 

Late battle, don’t be afraid to cap or tank damage. 

This more or less worked for me, but I too didn’t like the FdG. The Gneisenau was the shining star of the line.

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[LSD]
Members
16 posts
5,146 battles
26 minutes ago, Rickjoshi1765 said:

Grind it.  You won't care anymore after you do cause the next one is fun.  

will do, i got it so i'll have to get through it. 

[FML]
Members
2,132 posts
11,219 battles
5 minutes ago, Rhyker_1 said:

ok so go in to fast is wrong hang back is wrong, aiming at higher tiers is to be learned on really horrible dispersion is attainable! yes thats why this ship is the worst grind in the Bb line.

I was giving examples as to how people can use stats to help give advice. 

My subsequent post makes suggestions how to play the FdG. Your experience may differ, though. 

[LSD]
Members
16 posts
5,146 battles

So, there is no one answer. My experience with FdG is that it eats full pens for days, though you only get citted if you’ve failed. 

Really, the strong secondaries on this ship are a trap. The key to using her is controlled aggression and focusing on surviving to late battle. Kinda like the Gneisenau more so than the Bismarck.

Early in a match, plan an escape route first then only spend 30 seconds in the hot glare of enemy fire. Hide and heal up - shoot if you see a good opportunity, but don’t be afraid to stay silent. 

Later, once healed a bit and cooldown timers returning to zero, go into the sun again but you should be able to last a bit longer as fewer enemies. Hide, heal up again. 

Late battle, you should become quite aggressive, trying to close range. Prioritise battleships, particularly low HP ones. Use your sonar to pick up torps fires by any DDs, or spot ships through islands (cos reasons). Your secondaries should set fires that their DCP or heals may not be able to handle if they have been in the sun too long. 

Late battle, don’t be afraid to cap or tank damage. 

This more or less worked for me, but I too didn’t like the FdG. The Gneisenau was the shining star of the line.

Thank you. makes sense. will try. wish it wasnt such a situational boat tho.

[FML]
Members
2,132 posts
11,219 battles
1 minute ago, Rhyker_1 said:

Thank you. makes sense. will try. wish it wasnt such a situational boat tho.

No worries. 

I made small edits to suggest targets at each phase.

[LSD]
Members
16 posts
5,146 battles
16 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I think so,.,,
BM Bismarck.,..
I have 56% in it and 57% in the FDG...
and I am doing pretty crappy in the GKF so far... but I keep trying... and so should you...let see some stats and perhaps help a little...

ok so i have 54% in the BM. does your 2% more make me a worse player, but ofcourse you have another account. so if youre also doing crappy in that boat why not say so and please link your stats from which ever account you hold dear. so that i can make a better decision. Just say the boat is challenging rather. i think that wows should improve it. That's all. yes i will grind through it because i want the tier 10.

Members
1,899 posts
509 battles
12 minutes ago, Rhyker_1 said:

ok so i have 54% in the BM. does your 2% more make me a worse player, but ofcourse you have another account. so if youre also doing crappy in that boat why not say so and please link your stats from which ever account you hold dear. so that i can make a better decision. Just say the boat is challenging rather. i think that wows should improve it. That's all. yes i will grind through it because i want the tier 10.

ok,, the gauge of a ship is PVP battles.. and 38% in the Bismarck is low... but it is a difficult ship to get good in if you just up to it too fast without learning the mechanics of BBs.. and I think that THAT is the issue you are having.. 
I think you went up to tier 8 much too fast and should take a look back and maybe down tier a bit and learn a few more things about BBs, especially German ones...
COOP battles are not really any good to gauge performance in a ship if you fight mindless bots...I think that if you do better in tier 4 and even 6 BBs you might be surprised how much better you can get in the BM

Battles WR         DMG                      K/D                   SR        MBH

Bismarck 8 BB germany.svgGermany 150 56.00% 55,287 1,487 1.1 0.8 2.1 25% 28% 0% 1,094

you do have a higher survival rate in the BM... I tend to yolo rush in to get the secondaries going...LOL

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[LSD]
Members
16 posts
5,146 battles

ok,, the gauge of a ship is PVE battles.. and 38% in the Bismarck is low... but it is a difficult ship to get good in if you jusp up to it too fast without learning the mechanics of BBs.. and I think that THAT is the issue you are having.. 
I think you went up to tier 8 much too fast and should take a look back and maybe down tier a bit and learn a few more things about BBs, especially German ones...
COOP battles are not really any good to gauge performance in a ship if you fight mindless bots...I think that if you do better in tier 4 and even 6 BBs you might be surprised how much better you can get in the BM

ok first off is this the american server you're talking about? i have a 54% win rate on the EU server same user name tho. and 1466 xp 

Sign in to follow this