Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
deresistance

CV Rework Tier 4 from worst to best

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

200
[RMRGD]
Members
273 posts
17,831 battles

So tried the CV rework.   Played Tier 6 mostly, little Tier 8.    But stayed away from till 4 up until the recent update.    Oh look!   Torp planes are back lets try it.   Jump in a tier 4 match and oh boy oh boy!   1 plane drops a torp exactly where I target?  Its a dream.  Low flood chance, fragile planes, who cares.    The fact that 1 torp plane means they drop straight ahead of me is great.    Man it was a blast.   Unlike higher tiers I don't see all my planes die instantly either.    higher tiers AA seems to be back with a force.   It was easy to see them wiped out quickly.    But especially with tier 6 - 2 plane formations means the torps drop on the outsides.   really didn't like it.

Anyways CV rework feels a lot better then last patch.   However I have no played tier x as my interest in that tier has pretty much died.   

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
616 posts
12,822 battles

The only good CV rework is reworking it into the recycle bin.

Busted class that takes away the fun from every other class.

Wargaming should just swallow hard, admit the mistake, and dump them.

Won't happen.

Wonder why?  $$$$$$$

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,131
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,023 posts
7,968 battles

agreed on t4. we asked, we complained, we weedled and threatened strike action : the devs delivered!

even so, I remain concerned for players new to the the game, t4 to t6 will feel rather repetitive. (Maybe not?) 

(Many of us on the PTS right now will not experience this, having already unlocked our USN/IJN CV tech trees on the Live server.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[RMRGD]
Members
273 posts
17,831 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

agreed on t4. we asked, we complained, we weedled and threatened strike action : the devs delivered!

even so, I remain concerned for players new to the the game, t4 to t6 will feel rather repetitive. (Maybe not?) 

(Many of us on the PTS right now will not experience this, having already unlocked our USN/IJN CV tech trees on the Live server.)

Agreed CV mains may be a bit more rare it does feel repetitive.  However it does seem more fun in other areas.    We shall see soon right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,823
[ARGSY]
Members
8,151 posts
5,524 battles
5 minutes ago, Prothall said:

The only good CV rework is reworking it into the recycle bin.

Busted class that takes away the fun from every other class.

Wargaming should just swallow hard, admit the mistake, and dump them.

Won't happen.

Wonder why?  $$$$$$$

I'm dumping you into my ignore pile. Your slanderous closed-mindedness and ignorance have annoyed me for the last time.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,131
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,023 posts
7,968 battles
4 minutes ago, deresistance said:

Agreed CV mains may be a bit more rare it does feel repetitive.  However it does seem more fun in other areas.    We shall see soon right? 

The latest PTS (round 2) does feel much more polished, as it should, and playable. Developers have clearly worked very hard these last few months, hats off to them for that. It is an entirely different game to the old CAG rts :Smile_sad:. But is the work they have done, enough? As you say, we shall see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[HYDRO]
Members
2,257 posts
4,211 battles
26 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

agreed on t4. we asked, we complained, we weedled and threatened strike action : the devs delivered!

even so, I remain concerned for players new to the the game, t4 to t6 will feel rather repetitive. (Maybe not?) 

(Many of us on the PTS right now will not experience this, having already unlocked our USN/IJN CV tech trees on the Live server.)

I believe the XP required to get from Tier IV to Tier VI will be less than the current system. Agreed on how repetitive it may feel, I guess we will have to wait for live versions and see how many newbie threads pop up on the matter :Smile_hiding:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,131
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,023 posts
7,968 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

I believe the XP required to get from Tier IV to Tier VI will be less than the current system. Agreed on how repetitive it may feel, I guess we will have to wait for live versions and see how many newbie threads pop up on the matter :Smile_hiding:.

Well, if we will have the opportunity to grind t4-6 with the new RN cvs (which are present as files in the PTS 8.0 patch). Though I won't lie, I plan to free xp the new RN cv tech tree! (at least upto t8)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[RMRGD]
Members
273 posts
17,831 battles
12 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Well, if we will have the opportunity to grind t4-6 with the new RN cvs (which are present as files in the PTS 8.0 patch). Though I won't lie, I plan to free xp the new RN cv tech tree! (at least upto t8)

sitting on more then 2 million freexp.   Waiting for Alaska.  I plan to grind the British CVs, just because it may be fun.  Just using free XP to pound out the upgrades right away.   I am way more curious what unique items Siapan and Kaga will bring.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
857 posts
5,275 battles
59 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm dumping you into my ignore pile. Your slanderous closed-mindedness and ignorance have annoyed me for the last time.

Just living up to their avatar it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,131
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,023 posts
7,968 battles
22 minutes ago, deresistance said:

sitting on more then 2 million freexp.   Waiting for Alaska.  I plan to grind the British CVs, just because it may be fun.  Just using free XP to pound out the upgrades right away.   I am way more curious what unique items Siapan and Kaga will bring.  

gamesmodels3d is your friend.

Their high/low tier contrast of planes should still be present. Saipan will be as vulnerable as ever to a snipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
138
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
686 posts
5,944 battles

Im up to t8 on the PTS and when i dabbled at T4 it was fun. To be honest the DBs were the best with setting damage over time on enemy BBs to accumulate that damage total. 

High tier play is different, still the ship navigation or lack of anything was most frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,156
[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,560 posts
4,805 battles
3 minutes ago, _greifer_Africanus said:

Im up to t8 on the PTS and when i dabbled at T4 it was fun. To be honest the DBs were the best with setting damage over time on enemy BBs to accumulate that damage total. 

High tier play is different, still the ship navigation or lack of anything was most frustrating. 

You must have been playing US carriers with HP bombs..  IJN carriers have AP bombs.  The only DOT you will get from them is from the rockets, if you are lucky enough to get a fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[RMRGD]
Members
273 posts
17,831 battles
3 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

gamesmodels3d is your friend.

Their high/low tier contrast of planes should still be present. Saipan will be as vulnerable as ever to a snipe.

Yeah heard the talks on stats, but want to play them or see if they are worth it.   We gotta prepare for the decision to keep it or sell it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,131
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,023 posts
7,968 battles
11 minutes ago, deresistance said:

Yeah heard the talks on stats, but want to play them or see if they are worth it.   We gotta prepare for the decision to keep it or sell it. 

there will be five t8  premium cvs (yes I know..), which offers a somewhat crazy situation, t8 will have a more diverse range of carriers than any other tier. The problem of the new CV gameplay, is how to give each cv, flavour, character, personality. Currently on the PTS, I don't have a strong sense of this. Sure some planes are slightly faster than others, some drop more torps, whatever..

But, golden rule is, never sell a premium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×