You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taylor3006

Refund for Kronstadt

61 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,540 posts
19,383 battles

I bought this POS with my free xp and regret it immensely. It truly is a terrible ship for PvE play as it has all the disadvantages of a BB (slow, slow ROF, big size, and poor maneuverability) without the advantage of good armor. I is awful and I advise anyone playing co-op to not waste your free xp on it. 

What I am curious about if anyone has had any experience asking Wargaming for a refund on premium ships, especially this hunk of junk? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 7

Members
34 posts
5,429 battles

Did you not read other players evaluation of this Ship? Everyone knows that it has paper thin armor and wonky guns.

Do your due diligence before buying any ship! Sorry but this one is on you!:cap_old:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[PTRGT]
Members
166 posts
25,749 battles

I found once I figured it out its ok.

You have to get in close and get ships broadside do do serious damage.  I hit a Musashi that came around an island on my with 7 Cits in one salvo and 3 on the 2nds to finish him. If you play it like a BB shooting from a distance it sucks. You got to get into close range battles and it can do lots of damage. You my die a lot but Its great wrecking or taking down 1 or 2 BB in the process.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,777 posts
6,802 battles

If you had wanted to stomp battleships in co-op you should have bought the Musashi...

• Boring 1

[PTRGT]
Members
166 posts
25,749 battles
Just now, Compassghost said:

If you had wanted to stomp battleships in co-op you should have bought the Musashi...

I have it too

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,540 posts
19,383 battles
6 minutes ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

Did you not read other players evaluation of this Ship? Everyone knows that it has paper thin armor and wonky guns.

Do your due diligence before buying any ship! Sorry but this one is on you!:cap_old:

Well to be fair, about half the people said it was crap and the other half said it was good..... LWM said it was a good boat....  

3 minutes ago, DeathsStalker said:

I found once I figured it out its ok.

You have to get in close and get ships broadside do do serious damage.  I hit a Musashi that came around an island on my with 7 Cits in one salvo and 3 on the 2nds to finish him. If you play it like a BB shooting from a distance it sucks. You got to get into close range battles and it can do lots of damage. You my die a lot but Its great wrecking or taking down 1 or 2 BB in the process.

Well I play co-op and getting in close is what you do. I found that it has crap for maneuverability and coupled with the slow ROF and zero armor, it isn't made to play against the bots. It really is a pathetic boat. 

• Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,540 posts
19,383 battles
4 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

I have most of the premium ships in the game including Musashi. This is the very first ship that I want to dump. Hell I even find Mikasa a fun ship... 

• Cool 1

Members
34 posts
5,429 battles
6 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well to be fair, about half the people said it was crap and the other half said it was good..... LWM said it was a good boat....  

Well I play co-op and getting in close is what you do. I found that it has crap for maneuverability and coupled with the slow ROF and zero armor, it isn't made to play against the bots. It really is a pathetic boat. 

its a high skill ship to make it work for sure

[PSP]
Members
8,023 posts
21 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

LWM said it was a good boat....  

Well, Little White Mouse is an excellent player too. What we need is a potato-class reviewer for the rest of us, something like a Fat Brown Rat. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7

[PVE]
Members
7,218 posts
12,451 battles
38 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I bought this POS with my free xp and regret it immensely. It truly is a terrible ship for PvE play as it has all the disadvantages of a BB (slow, slow ROF, big size, and poor maneuverability) without the advantage of good armor. I is awful and I advise anyone playing co-op to not waste your free xp on it. 

What I am curious about if anyone has had any experience asking Wargaming for a refund on premium ships, especially this hunk of junk? 

I feel your pain. I have 70+ Co-op games in it and I hate it frankly. It, Roma, and the PEF are all in the same class of not fun and too frustrating because the guns just suck. It just sits in port now and only gets played for something special like the snowflake event. It was a complete waste of FXP.

However, no sense selling it or asking for a refund as you will risk getting it if you get a ship in a Santa crate or a SC. Just leave it in port and only use it when it can get you something because truly that is all it is good for. Total turd of a ship.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,323 posts
8,256 battles
11 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

did you sell it??
Cause I took a look and you have ZERO battles in it  (IE----Its not in your cruiser collection)

Our lad Taylor is one of those folks that doesn't like to play against actual human enemies.

Edit: downvote all you want, but that's why the ship doesn't show up in his stats. You have to switch and look at co-op numbers. If simple truth gets you cranky, then I don't know how to help you.

Edited by LT_Rusty_SWO
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6

[PVE]
Members
7,218 posts
12,451 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Well, Little White Mouse is an excellent player too. What we need is a potato-class reviewer for the rest of us, something like a Fat Brown Rat. 

I don't even think it is skill based. Skill has no bearing on RNG and dispersion. Her skill at the game (which is quite high) doesn't make the crappy guns work better. The guns are what they are for all of us. I think it just fits a playstyle she likes. In the end that is usually what is behind someone saying a ship is good = they enjoy playing it how it is best played. She has said ships were crap that I find to be excellent.

People need to stop taking reviewers words as hard fact and realize they are just their opinions. 

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,047 posts
996 battles

I only have a couple random matches in mine so far, but if you play it like a battleship, you're gonna have a bad time. I fitted the rudder shift module and reload module and sail it like it's an American heavy cruiser. I even spent the coal for the radar upgrade and went DD hunting last game. I'll never put up unicum numbers, but I feel like if I pretend  it's a cruiser (because it is), I can at least not be a liability. 

[HYDRO]
Members
2,243 posts
4,197 battles

I think you can ask for refunds provided you haven't played the ship at all.

Moral of the story: Don't buy into the "it's going away so I must have it hype".

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,993 posts
4,754 battles

Not sure how differently I'm playing the Kronshtadt in co op than others, but she is currently my top played cruiser and top performing with sufficient battles played.

Firing arcs are great, the reload is rather good for 12in guns, armor is workable in certain conditions.

I just treat her like a fast tier 7 BB.

[PVE]
Members
7,218 posts
12,451 battles
5 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

so again you have not addressed the fact that ALL this ranting for ONE BATTLE YOU WON in the ship....
I feel that this is just CLICKBAIT   and we all fell for it....
SELL it if you don't  like it...

I got 12 battles and am currently at 42% so not used to it yet

BUT FFS stop whining about a ship you have not played in PVE AT ALL.... this thread is bad and after all this you should feel bad about it...
ONE COOP BATTLE ONE WIN.... 
WHOOP DEE DIDDY DOOOOO

your main is COOP so maybe that might be a thing to look at... easy mode...
I did it for the snowflakes and it was the most boring week I ever had... not a single bit of complicated competition...

This kind of post is completely uncalled for.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[OPG]
Members
4,221 posts
6,054 battles
2 hours ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

its a high skill ship to make it work for sure

I disagree, I think the opposite is true.  The Kronshtadt is easy to play, but has too low of a skill ceiling IMO.  The problem with the ship is that it's entirely dependent on its opponent making mistakes, which severely limits what the ship itself is capable of doing.

Think about it, with its bad DPM and poor dispersion, the Kronshtadt is horrible against DDs, which was made even worse after the DD AP changes.  The Kronshtadt is also hard countered by every single non British cruiser at Tier 9.  A Kronshtadt has absolutely no means of dealing with a competently played non-British cruiser that won't show its broadside.  The Kronshtadt is covered in 25mm plating and eats more fire damage, so it just gets melted, while its guns lack the DPM/overmatch to pose a credible threat to any angled target.  It's the same story yet again against BBs.  The Kronshtadt just loses head to head against every BB at Tier 9, it gets overmatched everywhere, and its guns are simply incapable of dealing with angled BBs.  

The Kronshtadt is very forgiving to play, which coupled with it being a less popular Soviet Free XP ship, are the reasons why I think it performs OK in terms of server stats, but objectively it's a ship with only one favorable match up in its Tier(Neptune).  Good players will obviously perform better as they put themselves into positions to capitalize on mistakes, but the ship is so heavily limited based on what its opponent will let it do, which coupled with its inconsistent RNG dependent guns seriously limits the ceiling of the ship. 

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 4

Members
1,899 posts
509 battles
28 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

This kind of post is completely uncalled for.

not when you look at the facts.... 

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
40 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

I find Kronshtadt fun in co op, Roma on the otherhand.... 

Yeah, I got Kron and Roma in Christmas containers and while Roma is tougher than Kron one can at least hit what one is shooting at with Kron. The only bote that I got in a Christmas crate that has suckier accuracy than Roma is Kii.

I drove Kron in 20 Randoms and didn't do too badly with her. Just drive her like the CRUISER she is and you can do pretty good. BTW, I would never have shelled out 750k FXP for her but she aint bad for a Christmas bote.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
586 posts
1,216 battles
4 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

not when you look at the facts.... 

this THREAD is totally uncalled for

DVnCuaE.gif

There are no facts, only matters of perspective...walk a mile in a man's shoes before you judge him.

• Cool 1

Members
1,899 posts
509 battles
21 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

There are no facts, only matters of perspective...walk a mile in a man's shoes before you judge him.

I walked 12 MILES in the ship... all in PVE... yeah 42% sucks but I  keep at it

Edited by neptunes_wrath