You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shad0wFiend

WoWS needs an end game

32 comments in this topic

[KABUM]
Members
19 posts
5,052 battles

I've been playing in and off since release and at this point I have all of the ships I want to have. I still enjoy the game, but I would like to see more activities centered around higher tiers. I've enjoyed the ranked battles and ranked sprints and I'd like to see more of that but I'd also like to see operations that are geared towards higher tiers as well as some sort of progression for folks that have all the T10s they're interested in. Off the top of my head I think quick T10 competitive matches that aren't clan battles where you can earn steel. League fights that aren't clan based so casuals, solo people can participate, etc.  I play for fun, and have a bunch of cash and XP but not a lot to do with it. I'm looking forward to Alaska but that'll be a quick fix and after I have her I'll be back to where I started. 

• Boring 2
  • Bad 6

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
209 posts
6,226 battles

Something like the weekly tournaments in World of Tanks i take it?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,822 posts
10,515 battles

With premium camo, the T10s are good enough credit makers in Co-Op -- to avoid the unnecessary drama of T10 Random.

Clan battles are fun, except for all the stats and grades to fight over.

Would be nice to have a Tier 9/10 Operation -- say, 'Raid on St Nazaire' where the original one had to turn back.

In this scenario, the original raid failed, the war got worse, and this raid needed to be accomplished THE HARD WAY in 1945.

So using US, RN, Pan-Asian, and Free French forces -- Attack and destroy that port, and not just the Tirpitz dry-dock.

It will be defended by squadrons of land-based German jets, dozens of Schnellbots, and elements of the German, Italian, Vichy-French, and Japanese Navy.

And then there can be a second scenario -- where you are now fighting on the same map, but on the flip side of the same situation.

Interesting item is that you can have French ships on both sides.

• Cool 4

[PSP]
Members
7,987 posts
31 minutes ago, Shad0wFiend said:

Off the top of my head I think quick T10 competitive matches that aren't clan battles where you can earn steel. League fights that aren't clan based so casuals, solo people can participate, etc.  

This is a very good idea. The vast majority of people in clans are not able to get enough members together at a certain time in order to play Clan Battles. This results in Clan Battles being dominated by only a small percentage of the playerbase. Team Battles, which act just like Clan Battles but for a player-selected team, would greatly enhance the game.

• Cool 4

Members
227 posts
3,346 battles

yeah they need more options. co-op is just bots. randoms gets old. Ops are OK but are one and done or extremely frustrating. they need campaigns that are either story driven like what WoT did or a few other modes. 

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,617 posts
2,633 battles

A simgle player story mode might prove interesting, but that's not typical of mmo's

Edited by _1204_
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[INR]
Members
658 posts
3,741 battles
7 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

A simgle player story mode might prove interesting, but that's not typical of mmo's

I would even be willing to pay to access single-player campaigns, but it would be $15 for a good campaign, tops.

[SALVO]
Members
18,305 posts
18,887 battles
1 hour ago, Shad0wFiend said:

I've been playing in and off since release and at this point I have all of the ships I want to have. I still enjoy the game, but I would like to see more activities centered around higher tiers. I've enjoyed the ranked battles and ranked sprints and I'd like to see more of that but I'd also like to see operations that are geared towards higher tiers as well as some sort of progression for folks that have all the T10s they're interested in. Off the top of my head I think quick T10 competitive matches that aren't clan battles where you can earn steel. League fights that aren't clan based so casuals, solo people can participate, etc.  I play for fun, and have a bunch of cash and XP but not a lot to do with it. I'm looking forward to Alaska but that'll be a quick fix and after I have her I'll be back to where I started. 

What the hell is a "league fight"?  

Personally, I suggest that if you want end game content, you join a clan that does clan battles.  That's the game's "end game content".

I will say that I wouldn't mind more operations.  At the same time, Operations (and the special April Fools and Halloween events) are really starting to annoy me because I want more maps for random battles (and by default, coop as well).  But I think that it seems that every new operation and event has to have a new map. And that sucks away map making resources that could have been directed towards creating new maps for randoms.

Side note.  I would love to see WG take the maps they made for the Halloween events, and possible massage them into more traditional "Earthly" settings, and reuse them either for normal Operations or even as Random or Coop maps.  I'd also love to see them make the Riposte map that's only ever been seen in tier 6 ranked (and sprint)  battles into a random/coop map.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,558 posts
13,442 battles
1 hour ago, Shad0wFiend said:

Off the top of my head I think quick T10 competitive matches that aren't clan battles where you can earn steel.

That sounds like Ranked Battles, which already exist. Outside timed events, though, steel grinding is a no. They are very deliberately controlling the pace of steel being released into the economy so that steel has more of a "skill" feel than a "grind" feel. Which makes it weird that they also decided to sell steel for money, but I guess business interests sometimes win out.

1 hour ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Just 4733 battles and you already have all the tier X you are interested in?  Maybe interest yourself in some more.   ;-)

He has 16 T10s, so there aren't really others to get.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,529 posts
19,374 battles

I wish they would make some high tier OPs to play for tier 9 and 10s and maybe I could be persuaded to play them (the tech tree ones anyways). I had to laugh at my luck with Cherry Blossom being for tier 8s. I was pretty stoked until I saw what I was up against. The "night play" feature of it destroyed it for me as my eyes are crap and can not see what is going on until it becomes more light midway thru. I got thru it by aiming my guns where everyone else was aiming, kind of pathetic but it is my fault for having old eyeballs. 

[SIDE]
Members
1,405 posts
9,510 battles

Sounds like you pretty much free xp'ed your way to T10. I have a friend who did that, and that's fine; he claims it allows him to play any ship he wants without dealing with grinding.

However, you lose any sense of accomplishment and there literally is nothing to look forward to...that's my 2 cents.

My suggestion is to not pay your way toward any endgoal in any game...but again, it's your money, do what you want. Just be aware of the consequences.

Members
142 posts
869 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

Would be nice to have a Tier 9/10 Operation -- say, 'Raid on St Nazaire' where the original one had to turn back.

Would be nice to have more operations to every tier. It boggles my mind that we don't have better PvE content, coming from the same dev that makes the absolute best seasonal event missions ever.

Edited by Hirst

[WOLF1]
Members
3,796 posts
1,512 battles
58 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Sounds like you pretty much free xp'ed your way to T10. I have a friend who did that, and that's fine; he claims it allows him to play any ship he wants without dealing with grinding.

However, you lose any sense of accomplishment and there literally is nothing to look forward to...that's my 2 cents.

My suggestion is to not pay your way toward any endgoal in any game...but again, it's your money, do what you want. Just be aware of the consequences.

Yeah, what the OP did is a very common thing in games these days.  They want to skip any kind of 'leveling' or 'grinding' and get to the 'endgame'...and so many get there, and complain they're bored, because they missed out on most of the game, but they do it anyway.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
1,356 posts
7,662 battles

I'd love to see wargaming come out with something akin to a WoW raid.

A very large map, subdivided into smaller maps (so that wargaming doesn't have to write tons of new code to handle a truly huge map) that would work like boss rooms. There'd just be a big shiny portal (or obvious path of glowy water etc) that signals entrance to the next part of the raid.

Periodically, groups would have to face off against boss matches (possibly a good place to put in allied vs axis stuff?), geared to need a truly coordinated group to defeat.

In between "boss rooms" groups would have to face off against large swaths of low tier/intelligence bots in order to gain access to the next "boss room." 

These "Super Operations" should take multiple nights a week for a coordinated group to complete, and would reset once a week.

Completing trash mob maps would give everyone in the group, say about 5-10 of every single signal flag available, especially including the signals needed for clan/ranked battles.

Defeating boss maps would give out one to two special permanent camo's that give double the regular bonuses of their dubloon counterparts. The special camo's would be randomly given to one or two of the players that participated that also doesn't already have a special "boss" camo for the ship they're in. (This would allow groups to cycle who gets the rewards to an extent by having players that already have gotten a reward simply play that ship again until everyone else has their first one too. Well... if that group wants to do that, at least it would be an option.)

Accounts would be locked from participating more than once a week to prevent a single player getting all of their ships the rewards too soon. 

Once completed in full, players would receive an achievement and special patch. Different achievements and patches could be given out for different difficulty iterations.

Edited by Spartias
  • Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
641 posts
1,541 battles

This game has an end game, it just thoroughly sucks.  Clan Battles and Ranked Battles are the end game.  Neither are very fun, clan battles less so than the other.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles
3 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Just 4733 battles and you already have all the tier X you are interested in?  Maybe interest yourself in some more.   ;-)

I have more battles than OP and I am only now closing in on my first Tier 10 tech-tree ship. I think OP got there too fast, too often, and what this says about them to me is that even if WG added ship lines till the cows came home, they would never be satisfied

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,025 posts
7,546 battles

Well I've enjoyed the PeF campaign, playing boats from nations I'd forgot I had. Made lots of boats fun again

[KABUM]
Members
19 posts
5,052 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have more battles than OP and I am only now closing in on my first Tier 10 tech-tree ship. I think OP got there too fast, too often, and what this says about them to me is that even if WG added ship lines till the cows came home, they would never be satisfied

Well I will admit I skipped a bunch of T9s as in general I think quite a few of them are clunkers. That said ground t1-t8 pretty legit, and in a few cases ground the t9 as well. If you've got more battles than me and are only closing in on your first t10 ship I gather you're spreading yourself across many ships and many lines simultaneously as well as maybe having enough XP but not enough silver to pull the trigger on an upgrade. High tier play in this game is really geared towards clans, and I have no problem with clan battles or clans in game, but I'd like to see some content for solo/small clan people. I've been enjoying the ranked sprints, but most of the time they're lower tier like t5/t6 recently. I'd like to see some additional t10 content such as t10 ranked, or t10 tournaments, or operations, etc. 

[H_]
Members
1,232 posts
6 hours ago, Crucis said:

What the hell is a "league fight"?  

Personally, I suggest that if you want end game content, you join a clan that does clan battles.  That's the game's "end game content".

Ah, with respect, no....  I am in a clan of my friends.......  They've been together playing video games longer than some of the ages of people in this game captaining ships....  No.  WG needs to recognize that large clans can field many teams but, that isn't the entire customer base.  I'd play in a league or any other "clan like" game structure.  Solo players should have the same option and I recommended this a while back as well....

Now, if WG did this, I can see some clans throwing a fit !!!  They would no longer control clan wars per se......  Leagues might just have better participation and WG would recognize that as a revenue positive improvement....  Oh yes, established clan and clan players would throw a real fit.....

We'd love to "combine" with another low population clan on a seasonal basis to participate in clan wars or, a new league where arrangements can be made to combine smaller groups....

By the way, Clan Battles aren't an end game concept........because they never end and only belong to a small part of the overall population....  End game content is a singular value........since, the game itself, really is a "cooperative FPS...." since, you are not required to be in a clan and can play alone forever....  You really are incorrect in your theory; since, it only applies to a limited and voluntary group of players.....  End game infers what I can be, I can have, I can achieve or I can become and then, the game is over just like the single player storyline FPS games.........until the DLC or next sales loop.....  I.e. Fallout 2, 3, and 4.  Mechwarrior 2, 3, 4.  Bioshock 1, 2, 3.... etc.    In our case, it could be defined by era's..........with individual built in SP campaigns to achieve "game rank" or Combat Efficiency (CE) ratings so that clans can see your expertise and skills and contact you !  Or, bid on new players in a lottery.  What else do clans do after all??? 

Just a good thought since everything is getting a might stale at one year and one day in-game.....I've ground an entire nation's ships.....accomplished all of the campaigns....participated in ranked.......I have 6, 19pt CPT's....37 ships and now, played all of the scenarios more than once......and now, there's nothing to do, other than: night after night of the same things over and over again....  geeze.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
18,305 posts
18,887 battles
10 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Ah, with respect, no....  I am in a clan of my friends.......  They've been together playing video games longer than some of the ages of people in this game captaining ships....  No.  WG needs to recognize that large clans can field many teams but, that isn't the entire customer base.  I'd play in a league or any other "clan like" game structure.  Solo players should have the same option and I recommended this a while back as well....

Now, if WG did this, I can see some clans throwing a fit !!!  They would no longer control clan wars per se......  Leagues might just have better participation and WG would recognize that as a revenue positive improvement....  Oh yes, established clan and clan players would throw a real fit.....

We'd love to "combine" with another low population clan on a seasonal basis to participate in clan wars or, a new league where arrangements can be made to combine smaller groups....

By the way, Clan Battles aren't an end game concept........because they never end and only belong to a small part of the overall population....  End game content is a singular value........since, the game itself, really is a "cooperative FPS...." since, you are not required to be in a clan and can play alone forever....  You really are incorrect in your theory; since, it only applies to a limited and voluntary group of players.....  End game infers what I can be, I can have, I can achieve or I can become and then, the game is over just like the single player storyline FPS games.........until the DLC or next sales loop.....  I.e. Fallout 2, 3, and 4.  Mechwarrior 2, 3, 4.  Bioshock 1, 2, 3.... etc.    In our case, it could be defined by era's..........with individual built in SP campaigns to achieve "game rank" or Combat Efficiency (CE) ratings so that clans can see your expertise and skills and contact you !  Or, bid on new players in a lottery.  What else do clans do after all??? 

Just a good thought since everything is getting a might stale at one year and one day in-game.....I've ground an entire nation's ships.....accomplished all of the campaigns....participated in ranked.......I have 6, 19pt CPT's....37 ships and now, played all of the scenarios more than once......and now, there's nothing to do, other than: night after night of the same things over and over again....  geeze.

It's "implies", not "infers".

And throwing an "old fart" argument at me is pointless because I've entered that "old fart" age range.  :cap_old:  And I still play with a competitive clan.  If you choose to play with a non-competitive clan, that's your decision.    It sounds to me like you guys want the steel without putting in any of the work.

[SALVO]
Members
18,305 posts
18,887 battles
15 hours ago, JonnyFreedom said:

This game has an end game, it just thoroughly sucks.  Clan Battles and Ranked Battles are the end game.  Neither are very fun, clan battles less so than the other.

I guess that it's a matter of opinion.  I happen to think that Ranked Battles is far less fun than Clan Battles.  Ranked (Non-Sprint, long version) Battles are a god awful boring grind.  I find clan battle rather enjoyable.  Not being stuck with a bunch of other schmucks whose desire to win can be questionable at times sucks the life out of Ranked.