You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ericmopar

Did Wargaming Change How Premium Account Time Works?

22 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts
988 battles

I'm asking about the premium account time, because when I bought some for WoT a couple of days ago, it didn't get applied to WoWS like it normally does.
I buy a pack that is about 3200 in gold and 30 days premium account and it's always applied to World of Warships in the past, but not anymore.

• Boring 2

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,936 battles

Yes. There were a lot of announcements and conversation between US Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can buy WoT and WoWs specific time now, in case you only play one or the other. 

For example, WoWs specific time gives you extra xp earnings. 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,512 posts
13,680 battles

If you bought standard WoWs premium it applies to WoWs and WoT both. Warships premium only applies to WoWs. If you have some Warships premium right now you may not see the standard premium in WoWs but it should show in WoT. WoWs premium takes precedence. Check out patch notes for 7.12.

• Cool 2

[90TH]
Members
583 posts
8,685 battles

Yeah, some of us have a poopton of WoT gold and don't play WoT. We remind them that they said they were going to merge economies but they refused and don't like it when people demonstrate they renege so they find ways to punish the playerbase. Sorry brohans.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2,069 posts
8,041 battles

I got some holiday loot boxes in WoT to get the unique 3D skins for some of my tanks, and accumulated enough gold from those boxes to buy few months worth of premium time within WoT client.  All this premium time applied very nicely to warships, and I did it a couple of days ago.  I’d be rather upset if it did not work, since I play warships more often than tanks, but this premium time did share between games.  I am not sure if buying premium time directly from premium shop on website will do the same though.

Oh, one interesting thing I noticed, if you have 30 days of warships specific premium time sitting on top of several months of “generic” premium time, the warships game client will count down warships specific premium time in UI and say you have 30 days left, so you currently don’t see your generic premium duration until warships premium runs out.

Edited by Ramsalot

Members
23 posts
988 battles
2 hours ago, Khafni said:

If you bought standard WoWs premium it applies to WoWs and WoT both. Warships premium only applies to WoWs. If you have some Warships premium right now you may not see the standard premium in WoWs but it should show in WoT. WoWs premium takes precedence. Check out patch notes for 7.12.

That would explain it. 
I either won or maybe got gifted about 5 days premium, maybe a week, before I noticed it, very recently. 

It is showing about 5 days premium in my World of Warships account, but only for WoWS, it was confusing, because I hadn't bought it. 

I also don't remember winning it in game either... so maybe someone gifted it to me, but in that case it seems like I would have gotten a notice somewhere? 

I also noticed it seemed like I was earning a bit more XP than normal, but just assumed they'd changed the XP earnings at the start of the year or something. 

Hmmmm now the mystery or who or what put that on my account. 

Thanks, Eric.

@Ramsalot Yeah, I'm playing Pixle ships much more too. Even when low tier, you can do something, which in WoT you are more dependent on your team's high tier tanks when you are low tier. 

A match in WoWS takes longer but they are generally more fun and if people are getting a little to "egotestical" in pub matches, you can go take it out on bots for awhile and grind a new ship commander etc. 

Edited by Ericmopar

Members
23 posts
988 battles
1 hour ago, Pytheas said:

Yeah, some of us have a poopton of WoT gold and don't play WoT. We remind them that they said they were going to merge economies but they refused and don't like it when people demonstrate they renege so they find ways to punish the playerbase. Sorry brohans.

Yeah, Blitz is separate too. 
The doubloons, and all gold in game should be unified along with premium time. 
In Blitz the premium time from PC, Ships and Planes should all count at least. 

IE if a person buys premium time, then it should apply to all Wargaming titles across the board.  

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
3,257 posts
2,408 battles
2 hours ago, Khafni said:

One important distinction to make.  The premium time you buy that works for WoT, WoWs and WoWp is called "Wargaming premium" (not standard WoWs premium).  The WoWs only premium time as Khafni said is called "Warships premium".

Khafni, I understand you probably didn't mean to add the "WoWs" when referring to the Wargaming premium time.  I just don't want anyone getting confused by the names and end up getting the wrong the premium time.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,512 posts
13,680 battles
1 hour ago, Ericmopar said:

That would explain it. 
I either won or maybe got gifted about 5 days premium, maybe a week, before I noticed it, very recently. 

It is showing about 5 days premium in my World of Warships account, but only for WoWS, it was confusing, because I hadn't bought it. 

I also don't remember winning it in game either... so maybe someone gifted it to me, but in that case it seems like I would have gotten a notice somewhere? 

I also noticed it seemed like I was earning a bit more XP than normal, but just assumed they'd changed the XP earnings at the start of the year or something. 

Hmmmm now the mystery or who or what put that on my account. 

Thanks, Eric.

@Ramsalot Yeah, I'm playing Pixle ships much more too. Even when low tier, you can do something, which in WoT you are more dependent on your team's high tier tanks when you are low tier. 

A match in WoWS takes longer but they are generally more fun and if people are getting a little to "egotestical" in pub matches, you can go take it out on bots for awhile and grind a new ship commander etc. 

If you had any standard Premium (WG) time when patch 7.12 was launched you got the same amount of WoWs Premium time "gifted" to you. Now, when you buy more Premium time you will be given the option to extend the WoWs or WG Premium time.

And as @awiggin said, several events give you WoWs Premium time as well.

[WOLF9]
Members
7,619 posts
3,243 battles

From the wiki:

There are two types of premium accounts: Wargaming Premium and Warships Premium. Both types cost the same to purchase.

Wargaming Premium  wg_premium_logo_small.png.61e0cd162552f154cbd6dadb43be19b1.png

A Wargaming Premium account is unified across World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, and World of Warships, meaning that its benefits apply to all three games. In WoWS it applies a 50% bonus to ship Experience and to Credits earned.

Warships Premium  wows_premium_logo_small.png.8182293c8751ff14c2b8b89157a32899.png

A Warships Premium account applies only to World of Warships. It adds a 65% bonus to ship Experience and a 50% bonus to Credits earned.

When you have both, the time runs concurrently. 

You cannot buy Warships Premium with Gold.  Gold and Doubloons are separate currencies.  You *can" buy WG Premium with Doubloons.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
7,619 posts
3,243 battles
3 hours ago, CatSnipah said:

You can buy WoT and WoWs specific time now,

No.  There is no WoT-specific time.  There is Warship-only, and there is all-three-games time.

1 hour ago, Ericmopar said:

maybe someone gifted it to me, but in that case it seems like I would have gotten a notice somewhere? 

Yes, you have to accept your gift in the Shop before you can use it.  Premium is awarded by some Shipments and Scenarios, etc.  Those only get Notifications and entries in the Loot For Heroes thingie in Port.  Easy to miss.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
4 hours ago, Ericmopar said:

I'm asking about the premium account time, because when I bought some for WoT a couple of days ago, it didn't get applied to WoWS like it normally does.
I buy a pack that is about 3200 in gold and 30 days premium account and it's always applied to World of Warships in the past, but not anymore.

[PVE]
Members
154 posts
4,885 battles
7 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Oh, one interesting thing I noticed, if you have 30 days of warships specific premium time sitting on top of several months of “generic” premium time, the warships game client will count down warships specific premium time in UI and say you have 30 days left, so you currently don’t see your generic premium duration until warships premium runs out.

You can check both in port via Account Options by hovering over 'Purchase Premium.'

Spoiler

190113__PremiumCheck.jpg.509c7cfa127b4f10bc6410edbf63dc3b.jpg

5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

No.  There is no WoT-specific time. 

Not yet, but they're working on it.

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,936 battles
8 hours ago, iDuckman said:

No.  There is no WoT-specific time.  There is Warship-only, and there is all-three-games time.

I have been corrected by the Duck!

I thought that was up already. (heard it was coming)  I don't play WoT PC, so I'm not quite as up to speed.  

Edited by CatSnipah

[WOLF9]
Members
7,619 posts
3,243 battles

It may be here or soon - and I don't play WoT either - but whether here or not, there is still WG Premium.

Members
2 posts
25 battles

warships only premium and "wargaming premium " are the same bloody price, or am I missing something here, ie what's the point?

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
22 minutes ago, beflacktor1 said:

warships only premium and "wargaming premium " are the same bloody price, or am I missing something here, ie what's the point?

Wargaming premium time lets you play WoT, WoWP and WoWs with premium time. You get +50% XP and +50% credits.

If you don't care about WoT or WoWP, you can buy warships premium time and get +65% XP and +50% credits.

The MOST important bit, is if WoWs wants to give out wargaming premium time, they need to coordinate with WoT and WoWP. If WoWs wants to give out warships premium time, they just can because it doesn't affect WoT and WoWP.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Members
23 posts
988 battles
On 1/27/2019 at 7:16 AM, beflacktor1 said:

ah thanks the extra 15% exp seems decent enough, and thanks for the prompt response

Yeah it sounds like  a lot but in the real world of game play it doesn't make much difference at all.
If a person plays more than one Wargaming title, they definitely want the "Wargaming Premium Time" not anything else.
Thanks for the input.

Members
2 posts
1,589 battles

bought an additional year on WOT 3 days ago instantly credited there but not here yet???