You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

Sector Fire Vs Manual AA Fire

10 comments in this topic

[WAG]
Members
1,497 posts
8,504 battles

Sector fire is not working for me. It fails to address a battle scene that changes much faster than you can. WHile you can beef up one side, as soon as the planes fly over , you are at a disadvantage that takes too long to change, meanwhile the aircraft can fly from one weak side to the other and the ship is helpless to combat this move.

Sector fire is unsatisfying, frustrating and ineffective.

I need the ability to direct fire. Period.

Groser Kurfurst with a 15pt Capt and an AA spec.  Three CVs on each side. I get SWAMPED by planes and only shoot down 20, while facing wave after wave. Torps planes seemed to have free reign while AA was shooting all over the place. We need to be able to direct fire to specific squadrons. Sector fire, is not adequate.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[RLGN]
Members
9,402 posts
18,804 battles

Several complaints I’ve seen call sector fire such a pointlessly cumbersome pita the players just leave their AA 100% on both sides...

[WAG]
Members
1,497 posts
8,504 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Several complaints I’ve seen call sector fire such a pointlessly cumbersome pita the players just leave their AA 100% on both sides...

Exactly... so what is the point of it being there at all...

We need specific control of AA resources, especially if we are going to face ENDLESS waves of planes attacking.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,529 posts
19,374 battles

I agree, pointed out what a silly thing this was in a different thread. Really is a pointless change and whomever came up with the idea is just out of touch with what the players want. If you are out sailing around and not engaging anything but red airplanes, I suppose you could make an argument for it. If you are actually playing the game and engaging the red ships AND being attacked by aircraft, it just adds a fiddly element that is just stupid. I mean think about this, you have to change course and speed to avoid incoming fire and aircraft while firing your guns and screwing with your AA sectors.... Course add in avoiding running into rocks, fellow players, "friendly" torpedoes, map borders, grabbing caps, watching your mini map, and just generally playing the game and adding more crap is just moronic. It adds NOTHING to the game to enhance the player experience and should be shot down immediately. I can even fathom who would approve of such a thing but am guessing someone who does not play all that much. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[REVY]
Members
260 posts
3,679 battles
On 1/14/2019 at 2:43 AM, Taylor3006 said:

I can even fathom who would approve of such a thing but am guessing someone who does not play all that much. 

The same people who approved this incarnation of the rework...

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
1,497 posts
8,504 battles

.... it is quite the situation. The cloistered inner workings of WG, where the one way street is king. We have community representatives that seem to listen, or at least create that impression. No one seems to be OK with the current rework and it looks like any and all feedback is just bouncing off the devs... I don't get it.  But then none of us would, they are so ineffective at quality communication... we never seem to understand what they do .... we just get handed it.... and they when we don't like what they cook up , we get the cold shoulder as if it is our fault the modifications do not work. 

The devs apparently work in a vacuum and only hear their own thoughts. ....

..I get closer to dropping this game every day. As much as I like it, I also dislike the way WG acts and reacts, or doesn't react. They are making the mistake of not valuing the investment of time and money that the base has put into this game... I have a few games I have put less than $20 into and played for hundreds of hours. The money I and others and dumped into this game, is staggering in comparison, and it has all been freely spent... However, when the users of a product are ignored, the makers will find that the users will fade away... The last time I spent cash on this game was about a year ago.... I don;t see that changing.

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker

[WAG]
Members
1,497 posts
8,504 battles

Well Now....

I'll eat some of those words... 8.0 is being postponed and changes are being made.... wait and see now I guess...

[CVA16]
Members
2,790 posts
10,507 battles
On 1/13/2019 at 7:43 AM, Taylor3006 said:

It adds NOTHING to the game to enhance the player experience and should be shot down immediately.

I see what you did there:Smile_veryhappy:

The sector fire seems cumbersome for little overall benefit. I guess you might have a slightly better chance of shooting down attackers BEFORE they launch rather than killing them after they launch and pass over your ship. But since the next attack may now come from the other side and you may be turning to avoid the torps the planes just launched at you, you have to guess which side to enhance. Picking which side to enhance would be disastrous if you pick wrong.

Edited by Sabot_100

[ODIN]
Members
663 posts
2,859 battles
9 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

I see what you did there:Smile_veryhappy:

The sector fire seems cumbersome for little overall benefit. I guess you might have a slightly better chance of shooting down attackers BEFORE they launch rather than killing them after they launch and pass over your ship. But since the next attack may now come from the other side and you may be turning to avoid the torps the planes just launched at you, you have to guess which side to enhance. Picking which side to enhance would be disastrous if you pick wrong.

Reinforce the side you expect an attack to come from. If planes get on you and are swirling around both sides, set your AA back to centred. Ideally your nearest ally will have their AA focused towards you (since they see planes over there)

Assuming you're on the outside edge of your team, the planes will most likely come from outside the group so they're not unnecessarily flying over a bunch of enemies. They'll have to deal with your focused AA as they approach, since you'll presumably have it focused to that exposed side. Once they fly over, they're now dealing with the focused AA of the person next to you, and your close range defenses.