Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

How can I get Mushashi?

42 comments in this topic

Members
296 posts
5,255 battles

In Tier IX games I see lots of Mushashi players. According to the Tech Tree I need 750000 Free XP to get Mushashi but I only have 200000 Free XP so I don't see it easy at all. Do you know an easier way? I have Izumo but I don't know if Izumo is still good enough to play in Tier IX. Sorry if the question is stupid but It's been a long time I haven't played this game.

[O_O]
Members
4,838 posts
10,623 battles

Free XP or coal are the only ways to obtain Musashi.

These reward ships are meant for experienced players, which is why the cost is so high.  By design, it can take a while to earn the resources to buy them.  You can pay to convert Elite ship XP to Free XP, but there isn't an easier or faster way.

More bad news...Musashi and Kronshtadt are due to be removed from sale soon.

Sorry, but it looks like Musashi may be out of reach for you.  There are others you have also missed (Missouri)...it happens when you begin playing a game well after release.

There will be new Free XP and coal ships available, however.  Start earning those resources and work towards one of them!

Good hunting! :Smile_honoring:

[WGA]
Administrator, Retired Community Contributors
484 posts
13,050 battles

Mushashi is only available from free exp/coal at this stage. At the start of patch 8.0 she will be retired from the tech tree and only obtainable from Supercontainers going forwards.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles

You need to have either 750,000 FXP or about 176,000 coal by January 22nd. If you do not have the FXP but you have elite ship XP and you are willing to pay the money, you can convert it for real money.

Outside of that, there is now a VERY small chance of getting her in a supercontainer.

If all you really want is a Tier 9 premium battleship and it isn't important which one you have, Jean Bart will be available in the arsenal for 228,000 coal for some time to come.

The only other way to get what Musashi represents is to grind out the rest of the Japanese BB tech tree and obtain Yamato.

Depending on how long you've been away, you might find Izumo a better ship these days. She's had some buffs, and some people who hated her before don't hate her now.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles
2 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Mushashi is only available from free exp at this stage. At the start of patch 8.0 she will be retired from the tech tree and only obtainable from Supercontainers going forwards.

Wait, what happened to coal?

[WGA]
Administrator, Retired Community Contributors
484 posts
13,050 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Forgot to write that xD edited

[O_O]
Members
4,838 posts
10,623 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I just checked.  Musashi has already been removed from the Arsenal.

*Edit - oops, no, still there.  I had to select the "Ships" tab in the Arsenal.

Edited by desmo_2

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles
Just now, desmo_2 said:

I just checked.  Musashi has already been removed from the Arsenal.

Well, then.

I was there last night and I didn't see that, but then I already have her (for FXP) and I might have put not seeing her down to that.

Not good, WG; not good. I'll bet there were people hoping to grind out their coal until the last minute for this. @Femennenly, you need to have a look at this. If it's true, someone has blundered - the ship should have been available for BOTH currencies right till the very end.

[WOLF2]
Members
262 posts
5,591 battles
1 minute ago, Avrova1904 said:

Is there any other good but free Tier IX Battleship?

Iowa, Alsace

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,848 posts
6,889 battles
45 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

In Tier IX games I see lots of Mushashi players. According to the Tech Tree I need 750000 Free XP to get Mushashi but I only have 200000 Free XP so I don't see it easy at all. Do you know an easier way? I have Izumo but I don't know if Izumo is still good enough to play in Tier IX. Sorry if the question is stupid but It's been a long time I haven't played this game.

There has been somewhat of a Free XP inflation, where in certain gamemodes (Operation Dynamo, for example) and running full XP and Free XP you can earn unholy amounts of Free XP in a single run.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,243 posts
4,197 battles
12 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

You could start gathering coal for Jean Bart, it's 171k with a coupon.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,902 posts
4,248 battles
23 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

9 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

You could start gathering coal for Jean Bart, it's 171k with a coupon.

I would highly recommend getting JB over musashi from a fun perspective. dont get me wrong, both are staggeringly OP in their own ways. but JB is so much more fun since your moving much more, rather than anchoring a flank.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
262 posts
5,591 battles
2 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

I would highly recommend getting JB over musashi from a fun perspective. dont get me wrong, both are staggeringly OP in their own ways. but JB is so much more fun since your moving much more, rather than anchoring a flank.

Run a secondary spec musashi if you don't like static play, thats what I do /shrug

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,902 posts
4,248 battles
4 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

Run a secondary spec musashi if you don't like static play, thats what I do /shrug

its to early in the morning for crazy talk....

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,466 battles

This is Wargaming being a [edited] and trying to bring on some "Forced Scarcity" by threatening how it's going away so that players with built up exp but not enough coal can spend real money on doubloons to convert their extra EXP into FREE EXP. It's a [edited] business practices that I despise and WeeGee tends to use it on products they consider OP but don't want to "balance". They're doing the same to Kronshtadt and they did the same things to the Julio Cesare and Missouri. 

These ships are considered "power crept to the point of OP" and so they make perfect Force Scarcity marketing products to try and get you to spend cash.

I really despise this marketing ploy... I really do. It makes Wargaming look as Scummy as EA and Activision. It's absolutely insulting...

But hey, don't fret. Just grind and get the Yammy - it has better AA anyways.

Edited by Nurhaal
  • Cool 1

[ADAPT]
Members
929 posts
14,444 battles

Easy way, convert elite XP to FreeXP..very fast and convenient way..cause grinding Free XP right now might get you headache.

25 elite XP + 1 Doubloon = 25 free XP

ps:- You have to pay $$$ for the easy way !!! hehe

or buy Santa Big/Megacrate. Hoping get one.

[PTRGT]
Members
166 posts
25,749 battles

Mushashi is an ok ship. If you have the Coal or Free XP to spare you can add it to your collection. But for a T9 ship its AAA is crap its guns are very powerful but not as accurate as it Big Sister T10 Yamato. It also comes with that big "OFF Switch just under the front Turret.

Now the Mushashi  is gone sometime in Feb. You could buy a big box of flags and play the Papa Papa on you highest earning ship over and over (you may need to pick up a Case of Red Bull too)

But in the long run it will be replaced by a new ship. I just save my Free XP and Coal until I see something I really want. That's how I got the Missouri 2 year ago and the Mushashi last year. I tend to not use my Free XP for ship upgrades preferring to grind my way up the lines.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
948 posts
4,442 battles

If you're going to go the Santa crate route, buy the middle sized ones not the mega.  Most bang for buck in those.  You WILL get the Krasny Krim before you get any other ship though.

If I were you, I would just wave bye-bye to Musashi and start grinding your Izumo.  Yamato is a better version of the Musa.  Musa's big deal is that she will sometimes see tier 7 ships.  She is also a primary target for sky cancer.

Yamato.  Get Yamato.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
2,063 posts
5,526 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You need to have either 750,000 FXP or about 176,000 coal by January 22nd.

Or 132k coal if you have a coupon remaining.  

Members
2,119 posts
10,686 battles

Just saying this as people might scramble to get her. The CV rework is going to make playing her a pain in every CV game. You will be one of the first targets any CV goes for due to your poor AA as well as your high HP pool will make stacking DOTs on her quite lucrative for the CV player.

I just want people to go in on her to know what her future is.

Members
296 posts
5,255 battles

I'm sorry but I am not willing to spend more money so I will not get Mushashi. Are premium ships such as Mushashi and Jean Bart better than free ships? If not I will consider to not play in this Tier since I don't want to spend more money at this moment. The only japanese battleship I have in Tier IX is Izumo, is a good ship for this tier considering these new ships? Will I be at disadvantage if I play with Izumo? I also have Iowa so this is my only alternative.

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,466 battles
3 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Just saying this as people might scramble to get her. The CV rework is going to make playing her a pain in every CV game. You will be one of the first targets any CV goes for due to your poor AA as well as your high HP pool will make stacking DOTs on her quite lucrative for the CV player.

I just want people to go in on her to know what her future is.

In other words...

IT'S A TRAP!

Members
1,856 posts
3,784 battles
2 hours ago, Hanger_18 said:

its to early in the morning for crazy talk....

Four triple barreled  hard hitting 155's with a decent fire chance that can get down to an eight second reload time without AR ,  hit from up to 10.6km,  and will almost always have three of them on target even when bow tanking?  The 127's are just icing at that point,  but even those hit harder then any other nations 127/128's and have a decent fire chance at a five second cooldown.  Its not optimal of course,  but its not as crazy as you think!

Sign in to follow this