You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Matt_II

Ranked, Coal, Iron

8 comments in this topic

[F13BD]
Members
293 posts
5,723 battles

Morning Sailors,

I've been off WOWs for quite some time (about 8 months) and boy how things have changed! missions, iorn/coal etc. All great stuff, I am slowly adapting. Theres one thing though thats bothering me, Ranked awards. The last time I played. Rank 1 for the first time got you the jolly roger flag. Rank 1 a second time got you a cooler flag. Rank 1 for a third time got you the Flint, and eventually to the Black, etc etc. Is that gone? I have two Rank 1s under my belt and I was hoping to get the black the next time I ranked out, only to get 10,000 coal, which puts me nowhere even close to the Flint. So ultimately, Is this just how rank works now? no compenation for the last times weve ranked out, and we just have to grind ranked matches even more?  

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,560 posts
4,805 battles
22 minutes ago, Matt_II said:

Morning Sailors,

I've been off WOWs for quite some time (about 8 months) and boy how things have changed! missions, iorn/coal etc. All great stuff, I am slowly adapting. Theres one thing though thats bothering me, Ranked awards. The last time I played. Rank 1 for the first time got you the jolly roger flag. Rank 1 a second time got you a cooler flag. Rank 1 for a third time got you the Flint, and eventually to the Black, etc etc. Is that gone? I have two Rank 1s under my belt and I was hoping to get the black the next time I ranked out, only to get 10,000 coal, which puts me nowhere even close to the Flint. So ultimately, Is this just how rank works now? no compenation for the last times weve ranked out, and we just have to grind ranked matches even more?  

Theres two types of ranked now..  ranked and ranked sprint.   Currently it's ranked sprint and the rewards are much lower and the ranked sprint season is much shorter.

After next patch, theres a full ranked coming in to be played.

[TOG]
Members
3,009 posts
16,201 battles

The current rank season is called rank blitz. Call it baby rank. The switch to coal and steel started at 0.7.6 when the arsenal was introduced. About 6 months ago. The jolly roger system is now gone. Steel is the new currency for rank. The rank reward ships are available in the arsenal . There's a 25%  discount coupon available for ship purchase. An example would be the Stalingrad. Nominal price is 28k steel. It's 21k steel with the coupon. Here's a list of the rewards when they kicked it off in August.

Rank Reward
22 500,000 Credits
21 10 signals each of Sierra Mike, November Echo Setteseven, Victor Lima, India X-Ray, Juliet Whiskey Unaone, Mike Yankee Soxisix, 100 Steel
20 10 signals each of India Delta, India Yankee, Juliet Yankee Bissotwo, Juliet Charlie, November Foxtrot, Hotel Yankee, 100 Steel
19 10 signals each of Zulu, India Bravo Terrathree, Papa Papa, Equal Speed Charlie London, Zulu Hotel, 100 Steel
18 10 signals each of Sierra Mike, November Echo Setteseven, Victor Lima, India X-Ray, Juliet Whiskey Unaone, India Delta, India Yankee, Juliet Yankee Bissotwo, Juliet Charlie, November Foxtrot, 100 Steel
17 15 x "Type 5" camouflage patterns, 250 Steel
16 One day of Premium time
15 Flag of the Second League, Bonus: -5% to the cost of the ship's post-battle service
14 15 signals each of Sierra Mike, November Echo Setteseven, Victor Lima, India X-Ray, Juliet Whiskey Unaone, Mike Yankee Soxisix, 200 Steel
13 15 signals each of India Delta, India Yankee, Juliet Yankee Bissotwo, Juliet Charlie, November Foxtrot, Hotel Yankee, 200 Steel
12 15 signals each of Zulu, India Bravo Terrathree, Papa Papa, Equal Speed Charlie London, Zulu Hotel, 200 Steel
11 250 Doubloons, 350 Steel
10 Flag of the First League, Bonus: -10% to the cost of the ship's post-battle service
9 10 x "This is your day, Commander!" camouflage patterns, 300 Steel
8 10 x "Hunter" camouflage patterns, 300 Steel
7 10 x "Victory Salute" camouflage patterns, 300 Steel
6 5 x Dragon signals, 500 Steel
5 Flag of the Premier League, Bonus: -20% to the cost of the ship's post-battle service
4 5 x Red Dragon signals, 500 Steel
3 5 x Ouroboros signals, 500 Steel
2 5 x Wyvern signals, 500 Steel
1 50 x "Type 3 – Ranked" camouflage patterns, 2,500 Doubloons, 5 x Hydra signals, and the main prize—Jolly Roger flag, 1000 Steel, 1 Copper

You can also harvest steel through Clan Battles. 11k max.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
684 posts
5,892 battles

Welcome back, I cannot summarise better then what @Bill_Halsey did for the rewards and system. 

If you did rank out twice, you should have 5500 steel. With the snowflakes event, and another ranked you will have enough to get the Black.

• Cool 1

[F13BD]
Members
293 posts
5,723 battles

@Bill_Halsey Thank you for that detailed description. I like the change, however, It's a little disappointing that the ranked ships were in reasonable reach, now I'll have to grind ranked twice as much to get them :(

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,559 posts
13,442 battles

Guys, Blitz is the name of the mobile app.

Ranked Sprint is the name of the mode.

• Cool 1

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
358 posts
13,523 battles
1 hour ago, Matt_II said:

It's a little disappointing that the ranked ships were in reasonable reach, now I'll have to grind ranked twice as much to get them

:cap_wander:

Had to read it again to make sense. But yes, reward ships lost their exclusivity due in part to popular opinion. The irony is that people who can earn them in the first place do not need OP reward ships to club the average potato.

A 67% wr Izumo is superior to a 45% wr Stalingrad.