You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Giantsgiants

Why you don't chase CV's in ranked

8 comments in this topic

Members
320 posts
2,278 battles

I know this video is a couple years old but I recently stumbled upon a thread from 2018 where the OP was ranting about someone calling him out for chasing a CV in ranked and it made me think of the video. If the thread wasn't old, I would have replied with this.

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,489 posts
10,183 battles

You don't chase CV's in any game mode. Oh, if you find them in your maneuvering take them but they are never the primary target until everything else is eliminated.

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
3,024 posts
16,250 battles
5 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

You don't chase CV's in any game mode. Oh, if you find them in your maneuvering take them but they are never the primary target until everything else is eliminated.

Situational. If your side is ahead in caps and ships, it not an issue in the end phase. But it's a judgement call.

[WORX]
Members
2,562 posts
13,923 battles

You dont chase after CV when they're faster then DDs, especially high tier CVs. Shells are faster then a DD torps.

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,489 posts
10,183 battles
6 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Situational. If your side is ahead in caps and ships, it not an issue in the end phase. But it's a judgement call.

Late in a match it becomes more viable but early on all it does it take one of the most deadly ships on your team out of the fight.

[TOG]
Members
3,024 posts
16,250 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Late in a match it becomes more viable but early on all it does it take one of the most deadly ships on your team out of the fight.

Only a moronic dweeb of a dd driver would go CV hunting in the early/mid stages

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,489 posts
10,183 battles
5 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Only a moronic dweeb of a dd driver would go CV hunting in the early/mid stages

Right and that is what this thread is all about, the stupidity of early match CV chasing.

[WOLF2]
Members
389 posts
12,168 battles

A lot of players have “CV Derangement Syndrome”.  If they see one, they can’t focus on ANYTHING else until they get it.  If it goes undetected, they race off in that direction to find it again.  Like my dad used to say....it’s like a goat staring at a pocket watch.  

Edited by RumpledSteelskins