Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

why does mouse control CV plane movement?

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

295
[G0ATS]
[G0ATS]
Members
1,165 posts
6,967 battles

When trying to torp with the US CV's, movement of your planes messes up the drop pattern much more severely than the jap CV's planes. Just nudging it will cause the pattern to widen almost instantly. I noticed that not only does the mouse allow you to pan around the planes, but it actually changes their direction slightly when your behind them looking forward (default view). Does that make sense to anyone else? I was wondering why it was so much harder to torp with US CV's. Now, I hold the right mouse button to force it to stay in pan mode, helps a lot.

Can we get rid of this?

Also, is this gameplay really worth ruining the game for ship drivers? It's kinda fun playing as CV, but if there are 2 on each team... IDK, it might distract everyone from regular ship combat so much that it turns them off. I really hope they limit it to one CV per team. Sadly, they're going to try monitizing the rework with premium CV's, so I'd bet they'll allow 3 per team.

 

 

 

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,275
[WOLF7]
Members
10,790 posts
6 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

When trying to torp with the US CV's, movement of your planes messes up the drop pattern much more severely than the jap CV's planes. Just nudging it will cause the pattern to widen almost instantly. I noticed that not only does the mouse allow you to pan around the planes, but it actually changes their direction slightly when your behind them looking forward (default view). Does that make sense to anyone else? I was wondering why it was so much harder to torp with US CV's. Now, I hold the right mouse button to force it to stay in pan mode, helps a lot.

Can we get rid of this?

Also, is this gameplay really worth ruining the game for ship drivers? It's kinda fun playing as CV, but if there are 2 on each team... IDK, it might distract everyone from regular ship combat so much that it turns them off. I really hope they limit it to one CV per team. Sadly, they're going to try monitizing the rework with premium CV's, so I'd bet they'll allow 3 per team. Jesus god, that will be a nightmare.

 

 

 

EJ

WG is fishing for a younger more active player base, the old one isn't working out for them...:Smile_hiding:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,742
[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
12 minutes ago, awiggin said:

WG is fishing for a younger more active player base, the old one isn't working out for them...:Smile_hiding:

lol

I heard originally two CV in a division and four per side each game. Did they change that and I missed an announcement yet again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,275
[WOLF7]
Members
10,790 posts
14 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

lol

I heard originally two CV in a division and four per side each game. Did they change that and I missed an announcement yet again?

No idea, seems to keep changing, I believe they settled on 3 per side, but I doubt it's going to work as intended.

Players in the forums are already talking about using an alt to run dual carriers.:Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,742
[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Players in the forums are already talking about using an alt to run dual carriers.:Smile_amazed:

That is something I have heard about. Basically as a part of a post where someone claimed(?) to have been crossdropped in the TST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,657
[_-_]
Members
1,593 posts

It wouldn't be so bad if the mouse/keyboard camera binding wasn't so wonky. The slew rates are awful, and it glitches hard when you're near a border. I even tried using a joy stick, but the mouse was still bad. And that's on a high-end gaming system.

I did see one suggestion in game chat that this is intentional as a difficulty adjustment. I can believe that, because with a little practice shooting becomes reflexive. Still, the slew and drift are enough to give you a headache.

Edited by So_lt_Goes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
795 posts
5,335 battles
46 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

lol

I heard originally two CV in a division and four per side each game. Did they change that and I missed an announcement yet again?

 

31 minutes ago, awiggin said:

No idea, seems to keep changing, I believe they settled on 3 per side, but I doubt it's going to work as intended.

Players in the forums are already talking about using an alt to run dual carriers.:Smile_amazed:

I’m think fem said on her stream that it will still be one CV per div and no more than two CVs per team. Even with 4 CVs in a game that’s only 4 groups of air planes in the sky at a time. Ryujo can put more groups up than that now all by itself. 

Edited by Forgottensoldier117
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,742
[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
17 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

I’m think fem said on her stream that it will still be one CV per div and no more than two CVs per team. Even with 4 CVs in a game that’s only 4 groups of air planes in the sky at a time. Ryujo can put more groups up than that now all by itself. 

That almost makes the changes pointless.

If that stays the carrier queue is going to be hell, or there will be an heap of queue dump games...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
795 posts
5,335 battles
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

That almost makes the changes pointless.

If that stays the carrier queue is going to be hell, or there will be an heap of queue dump games...

How so? If more people are playing CVs it means CVs will be finding games quicker and the likelihood of strange small cv games will go down.

Edited by Forgottensoldier117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,742
[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
9 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

How so? If more people are playing CVs it means CVs will be finding games quicker and the likelihood of strange small cv games will go down.

Considering the example of recent releases; for ‘ships within your (tier) range,’ there will be a hundred or more carriers waiting, and considerably fewer of the other types.

If they are restricted to two per game it won’t take much to absorb the other types, which leaves carriers waiting alone, or getting thrown into queue dumps.

’Easier to find games?’

Maybe at higher tiers; I’ve never had trouble getting Bogue games, even considering my non-weekend game time is late night after my second shift job.

Also, I don’t play high tier carriers. Can’t handle the micro, and know better than to burden a team with my lack of ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
795 posts
5,335 battles
34 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Considering the example of recent releases; for ‘ships within your (tier) range,’ there will be a hundred or more carriers waiting, and considerably fewer of the other types.

If they are restricted to two per game it won’t take much to absorb the other types, which leaves carriers waiting alone, or getting thrown into queue dumps.

’Easier to find games?’

Maybe at higher tiers; I’ve never had trouble getting Bogue games, even considering my non-weekend game time is late night after my second shift job.

Also, I don’t play high tier carriers. Can’t handle the micro, and know better than to burden a team with my lack of ability.

MM might indeed be a little screwy for a week or so thats to be expected. I remember way back in the day when tirpitz was released I ended taking a brake for couple of days till the craziness died down a little. However a hard cap of two CVs per team makes sense I think it will make games better for both the CV players and the surface ship players. Things will shake themselves out eventually. 

 

Also I don’t play my Midway for the same reason you don’t play higher tiers but I’m happy to say that’s going to change when the rework hits. I’m really looking forward to it at this point. My Kaga and Saipan are going to see a lot more play time as well and I’m really excited about that. 

Edited by Forgottensoldier117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
954
[WOLF1]
Members
3,812 posts
1,529 battles
1 hour ago, So_lt_Goes said:

It wouldn't be so bad if the mouse/keyboard camera binding wasn't so wonky. The slew rates are awful, and it glitches hard when you're near a border. I even tried using a joy stick, but the mouse was still bad. And that's on a high-end gaming system.

I did see one suggestion in game chat that this is intentional as a difficulty adjustment. I can believe that, because with a little practice shooting becomes reflexive. Still, the slew and drift are enough to give you a headache.

I use keys for hard turns and for speed changes, and use the mouse for smaller adjustments .  For someone used to WT's arcade mode flying it's pretty easy to adjust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,742
[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
9 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

Also I don’t play my Midway for the same reason you don’t play higher tiers but I’m happy to say that’s going to change when the rework hits. I’m really looking forward to it at this point. My Kaga and Saipan are going to see a lot more play time as well and I’m really excited about that. 

Considering how basic things are, with carriers being ‘...nothing more than fancy skinned cardboard boxes with dime store balsa gliders...’ as I like to say, it’s hard to image how different premium carriers can really be.

Saipan especially would be better off at tier 6 I should think, with some form of down tiered planes, since it’s a one trick pony, and next to meaningless without its fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,742
[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
5 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I use keys for hard turns and for speed changes, and use the mouse for smaller adjustments .  For someone used to WT's arcade mode flying it's pretty easy to adjust.

WowP or WT, I haven’t played either, and am generally quite bad at flight sims, (I didn’t last a week trying to play Il-2...)

Trying to use the FPS carriers has been pure hell. The closest thing I can compare it to is the Halloween subs; I practically had to come to a dead stop in those to be effective, because I had so much trouble controlling the torpedoe cone while moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[KRAK]
Members
940 posts
11,463 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

WowP or WT, I haven’t played either, and am generally quite bad at flight sims, (I didn’t last a week trying to play Il-2...)

Trying to use the FPS carriers has been pure hell. The closest thing I can compare it to is the Halloween subs; I practically had to come to a dead stop in those to be effective, because I had so much trouble controlling the torpedoe cone while moving.

You and me both brother. Finally got a few torpedo hits on a CO-OP BB at T6, but could never get a rocket or bomb hit. Super bad guidance and control of planes. They get shot down real fast over the Lyon. Many times I would loose 3 of the 4 I started with trying to torp the blessed thing. Torp cone a complete mess to manage.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
795 posts
5,335 battles
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Considering how basic things are, with carriers being ‘...nothing more than fancy skinned cardboard boxes with dime store balsa gliders...’ as I like to say, it’s hard to image how different premium carriers can really be.

Saipan especially would be better off at tier 6 I should think, with some form of down tiered planes, since it’s a one trick pony, and next to meaningless without its fighters.

Idk I’m excited to see what they have done with them heck I’m just excited to play them at all because the old CVs where such a stressful experience for me personally. I bought Kaga because I’m a history buff that likes to collect ships and Kaga has a lot of interesting history but I haven’t played her much because I’m not super confident with the RTS system. Playing on TST and now PST I have come to really enjoy the rework and I’m excited to be able to play my CVs on a more regular basis. Can’t say I agree with the simplistic view of rework CVs but I get that it’s not for everyone just like DD or BB play isn’t for everyone. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
795 posts
5,335 battles
3 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

You and me both brother. Finally got a few torpedo hits on a CO-OP BB at T6, but could never get a rocket or bomb hit. Super bad guidance and control of planes. They get shot down real fast over the Lyon. Many times I would loose 3 of the 4 I started with trying to torp the blessed thing. Torp cone a complete mess to manage.

It’s a very different system my first game on the TST was atrocious less than 10k dmg. However after a couple of games you get used to how the planes behave and it gets easier to get them to do what you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,742
[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
9 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

Idk I’m excited to see what they have done with them heck I’m just excited to play them at all because the old CVs where such a stressful experience for me personally. I bought Kaga because I’m a history buff that likes to collect ships and Kaga has a lot of interesting history but I haven’t played her much because I’m not super confident with the RTS system. Playing on TST and now PST I have come to really enjoy the rework and I’m excited to be able to play my CVs on a more regular basis. Can’t say I agree with the simplistic view of rework CVs but I get that it’s not for everyone just like DD or BB play isn’t for everyone. 

For me that ship/carrier was Enterprise...

...nearly 200 PvE games played...

...ZERO PvP games in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,154
[SBS]
Members
3,259 posts
2,408 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

That almost makes the changes pointless.

If that stays the carrier queue is going to be hell, or there will be an heap of queue dump games...

There is no way there can be a two per cap on CVs without causing a massive backup in the queue.  WG would have to fill the majority of game with surface ship bots to allow for two CVs teams.  I think CVs very well could be popular (long term) and the two per team cap might be problematic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
795 posts
5,335 battles
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

For me that ship/carrier was Enterprise...

...nearly 200 PvE games played...

...ZERO PvP games in it.

Enterprise’s is by far may favorite CV in the game from history buff point of view. Only 60 battles in mine but all PVP 60% win rate but small sample size and to be honest I think she’s a little op so the wineate dosent mean much. My Enterprise is going to be seeing a lot more action as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
795 posts
5,335 battles
6 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

There is no way there can be a two per cap on CVs without causing a massive backup in the queue.  WG would have to fill the majority of game with surface ship bots to allow for two CVs teams.  I think CVs very well could be popular (long term) and the two per team cap might be problematic. 

I don’t think so. As I said above the first week is likely to see some screwy MM everyone is going to want to give the new thing a try. However things will eventually even out and I think the 2 CVs per team limit will work out just fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
954
[WOLF1]
Members
3,812 posts
1,529 battles
3 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

Enterprise’s is by far may favorite CV in the game from history buff point of view. Only 60 battles in mine but all PVP 60% win rate but small sample size and to be honest I think she’s a little op so the wineate dosent mean much. My Enterprise is going to be seeing a lot more action as well. 

Just keep in mind we have no idea what part of the 'uniqueness' of the premium carriers will be kept or changed as part of the rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,742
[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
5 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

I don’t think so. As I said above the first week is likely to see some screwy MM everyone is going to want to give the new thing a try. However things will eventually even out and I think the 2 CVs per team limit will work out just fine. 

Except that some players will be seeing red over carries being in (almost?) every single battle... :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
954
[WOLF1]
Members
3,812 posts
1,529 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Except that some players will be seeing red over carries being in (almost?) every single battle... :Smile_sceptic:

As usual with any online game, when it changes, people can adapt, quit, or run to the forum and whine.  

Otherwise, it's the company's game to change.  All we can do is vote by playing or not playing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
795 posts
5,335 battles
10 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Just keep in mind we have no idea what part of the 'uniqueness' of the premium carriers will be kept or changed as part of the rework.

I’m well aware of that but thanks for the reminder any way. Still excited to see how they change and being able to take them out of port more often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×