You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Most OP ships

30 comments in this topic

Members
286 posts
5,810 battles

What would people say are the most OP ships are for all 4 lines? My picks for DD's would be the kit and grimmy. GC and Nikolia for BB's. Kaga and GZ for cv's and Belfast and Stalingrad for Cruisers. Kutuzov would also be an honorable mention.

[KNTAI]
Members
2,186 posts
9,520 battles

CVs: Taiho 

- She’s a great ship, but more importantly her only competition is a floating pile of garbage.

BBs: Yamato, Mushashi

- All the other battleships require other ships to give them broadsides to delete them. For the Yamato class, broadsides are not a prerequisite.

CA/CLs: 155 Mogami 

- I know she’s squishy, but the ability to pump out 12k HE volleys at 6 salvos a minute cannot be understated.

DDs: Gremy, T-61

Gremy is basically a good tier 6 at tier 5. T-61 has literally everything going for it, good guns, fast arcs, good torps, amazing torpedo reload, great conceal + smoke + concealment. IMO it’s the gremyaschy of tier VI

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,483 posts
5,762 battles
  • CV: Saipan.
  • BB: Yamato, Imp. Nik, Nelson, Conqueror.
  • CL/CA: Helena, Belfast.
  • DD: Harugumo, Kitakaze, Kamikaze. 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,092 posts
13,558 battles

That's easy. If it kills me it's OP, if I kill it it's weak.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 13
  • Bad 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,319 posts
3,614 battles

Cruisers: Yubari

Battleships: Kawachi

Destroyers: Yubari

Carriers: Ranger

This post may contain sarcasm.  If you detect sarcasm, it was.  If not, i am 100% super cereal.

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,092 posts
13,558 battles
51 minutes ago, Hatework said:

Destroyers: Yubari

Tirpitz is a much better destroyer. More hitpoints, bigger guns, actually some secondaries, quad torpedo launchers, some actually functional armor - just too bad about the concealment value.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
2 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

What would people say are the most OP ships are for all 4 lines? My picks for DD's would be the kit and grimmy. GC and Nikolia for BB's. Kaga and GZ for cv's and Belfast and Stalingrad for Cruisers. Kutuzov would also be an honorable mention.

Belfast aint as OPd as folks like to believe. I do much better with Fiji and Helena.

I got Gremmy in a Christmas crate and I was disappointed. Gremmy aint the beast that I've been hearing about and rarely seeing. Now Kamikaze however... :cap_like:(I got Kamikaze in a Christmas container after Gremmy)

Personally, I don't believe in overpowered botes. The person driving the bote is what determines how powerful it is. I was in a match a little while back driving Kamikaze and a Krasny Krym on the Red (winning) team ranked number one on his team. :Smile_great: 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
652 posts
5,656 battles
23 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Personally, I don't believe in overpowered botes. The person driving the bote is what determines how powerful it is. I was in a match a little while back driving Kamikaze and a Krasny Krym on the Red (winning) team ranked number one on his team. :Smile_great: 

Judging by the amount of Belfast I've seen that don't even average 30k damage a match in their ship, that's a safe bet to hold.

• Boring 1

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
359 posts
13,535 battles

German destroyer V-25 gets the Devil's Seal Clubbing Seal of Approval.

3b6.jpg

[O_O]
Members
4,838 posts
10,623 battles

Belfast isn't OP just because she shows up.

When a player who knows how to play Belfast shows up in a Belfast, however...disgustingly OP.

Same for any OP ship, really, but Belfast really highlights the difference.  'Meh' if improperly utilized, ridiculous if played to her strengths.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
9,416 posts
18,821 battles
31 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Belfast isn't OP just because she shows up.

When a player who knows how to play Belfast shows up in a Belfast, however...disgustingly OP.

Same for any OP ship, really, but Belfast really highlights the difference.  'Meh' if improperly utilized, ridiculous if played to her strengths.

Exactly.

Can’t Play Belfast (or any mid upper RN cruiser,) worth spit. To me she’s a trashbote.

Many call Mutsuki a trashbote; to me she’s gold.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
Autocorrect stupidity.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,882 posts

Any OP ship can be deleted...

If you think the ship is OP, you haven't seen me drive it.

Of course my record kills in signature below:

Kamikaze, Grimmy, shimmy and Kamikaze R....

It is the captain that makes them OP....

I'm sure any ship can bounce Yammy shells from 800 meters like my Roma did....

• Funny 2

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
463 posts

Nikolai is honestly the only ship ive played that I consider OP

Seriously, pumping out the damage it does with the amount of Armor it has?

The only thing thats been able to kill me is torpedos, and thats only because I didnt notice them until it was too late or a carrier dropped them on top of me.

Members
613 posts
12,822 battles

It's funny to me seeing Kamikaze R and the other Minekaze clones on the list these days.

When they came out they had torps that had 3 km less range then the tech tree Minekaze and I think they were slower.

They were given SLIGHTLY better guns to compensate. People considered them weaker because the torps were not as good.

One sledgehammer nerf to tech tree IJN DDs and suddenly they are OP.

Forget the fact that practically anyone who has one has been playing the game almost 3 years now.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,359 posts
5 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

:Smile_great:Khaba  always   Khaba   any ship that take Point Blank HE  hits from a Missouri  SINK the  Missouri   no torps guns alone and and it's driver taunt the   Missouri   and out run any ship in the game  qualifys for that classification to  me:cap_rambo:

[O_O]
Members
4,838 posts
10,623 battles
10 minutes ago, Prothall said:

It's funny to me seeing Kamikaze R and the other Minekaze clones on the list these days.

Are you forgetting how OP Minekaze was before the torpedo nerf???

Minekaze was a seal clubber's dream bote.  It needed a nerf...but they beat that poor ship into oblivion with the nerf bat.  Now NO ONE plays her except to move past her.

The Kamikaze sisters, however, kept Minekaze's old OP glory.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,323 posts
8,256 battles
6 hours ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Judging by the amount of Belfast I've seen that don't even average 30k damage a match in their ship, that's a safe bet to hold.

Yep. I'm absolute trash with Belfast. And it's the same sort of drill with Stalingrad, even. Just because you can collect enough steel to buy it doesn't mean you know what you're doing with it. (I'm not trash with it, but I'm definitely not up to the standard of the longtime Stalingrad owners.)

3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

The Kamikaze sisters, however, kept Minekaze's old OP glory.

It's hilarious to hear people whining now about it being OP, when back in the day people turned up their noses at her as being a nerfed version of the Minekaze.

[D12]
Members
1,150 posts
9,064 battles

Shimakaze and Khab if you play them right for destroyers. Grozovoi is very good all around OP boat too. 

Atlanta, Flint and Kutuzov for cruisers.

Tirpitz for battleships if you got a pair. 

Saipan for carriers. 

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,902 posts
4,248 battles
13 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

stalingrad imo is weaker than moskva. i find it extremely situational and underwhelming.

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,560 posts
4,805 battles

Any captain that clicks with that ship is going to make that ship appear OP, even a Krispy Kreme.

There are so many ships in this game and so many variations that there are few ships that are mostly OP to the majority of players.

Having said that..  Ships that work for me..  and bear in mind, I play all my ships..  my highest played ship is still only 260 battles so a ship has to click quickly for me :)

BB....   Scharnhorst, Nelson, PEF, Dunkerqueueueue

CL/CA..   Belfast, Death Pickle, Bogatyr, Phoenix, Furrytaco

DD..     Gremy, V170, Kagero

CV's..  absolutely none in current rules,  frankly I am sh1t at carriers as they are now.

[CHBK]
Members
362 posts
2,288 battles
On 1/12/2019 at 3:48 PM, Fast_Battleship_Iowa said:
  • CV: Saipan.
  • BB: Yamato, Imp. Nik, Nelson, Conqueror.
  • CL/CA: Helena, Belfast.
  • DD: Harugumo, Kitakaze, Kamikaze. 

I'm so bad in the conqueror and I don't know why.  In the Lion I was (according to wows numbers) average in PR and green damage.  I've been utter crapin the conqueror thus far.  Only a couple 100k+ damage games and a number of games where I just got focused and removed quickly.  I'll link my stats at the end, but you can see a clear upward progression in my performance.  My buddy (Raycu93) is pretty good at this game to say the least and in the past 4-5 months of playing with and listening to him I've shown a clear upward progression overall, but I dont know what the hell im doing wrong in the conqueror since it seems to be frequently on the list of "OP" ships (and yes, I am something of a wallet warrior as well, I have alot of premiums) but I am making an active effort to get better.

My stats:

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1012528324,Taco_De_Moist/

Buddy I play with who has been mentoring me the past few months:

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1012584110,Raycu93/

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,355 posts
15,843 battles

For the bulk of players in this game, the most Overpowered ships are the ones that just sank them.