Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

Any particular way to play the Aigle well?

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
5,501 posts
2,625 battles

Of the ships that I won in Santa Crates thus far this year, the Aigle is one I haven't taken out just yet and the main reason why is because I'm not entirely certain how to play her.

Now just as a prefix: I have no problem with DDs that have subpar concealment, not-great torps, or guns with slow shells. I have a Benson, Kiev, Blyska, and Haida that make that perfectly clear. However, none of those ships have all three in the same package like the Aigle does. She has the same detection range as my Blyska, but she doesn't have the flat-arc'ed guns that my little Polish beast or my Kiev (with it's 7.1 km detection) have. She also has only 200 m of stealth torping range and her guns fire slower shells than both my Benson and my Haida. This all combines together to leave me with one perplexing question: How do I play her right?

Should I do what I do with my Benson or Haida: get close, smoke up, and let loose with the guns? Should I hide behind islands and wait for ambushes? Should I go into caps, smoke up, and wait for enemies to come my way? I'd just like some advice.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

[PVE]
Members
1,657 posts
7,059 battles

Got one In a crate also, took her out once, did not like the feel of her so she is now a port queen for a bit of time. Good luck with yours! :Smile_Default:

[JAV]
Beta Testers
281 posts
7,491 battles

She seems to play well ambushing other DDs with guns and torps. And after just looking at Wiki, that is what she is- kill enemy DDs.

[M_INC]
Members
163 posts
7,130 battles

was so disappointed after grinding & saving for this ship only to hate it immediately, but when i played it the way it was supposed to be played instead of the way i wanted to play it~i luv it

got this just today.....

IMG_0163.JPG

[MK48]
[MK48]
Members
178 posts
3,320 battles

I like it, but i also like quirkey boats. Its like a very, very, very lightly armored CL with pretty good peashooters. 

Hunt other dds 

[PQUOD]
Members
1,068 posts
7,680 battles
3 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

Of the ships that I won in Santa Crates thus far this year, the Aigle is one I haven't taken out just yet and the main reason why is because I'm not entirely certain how to play her.

Now just as a prefix: I have no problem with DDs that have subpar concealment, not-great torps, or guns with slow shells. I have a Benson, Kiev, Blyska, and Haida that make that perfectly clear. However, none of those ships have all three in the same package like the Aigle does. She has the same detection range as my Blyska, but she doesn't have the flat-arc'ed guns that my little Polish beast or my Kiev (with it's 7.1 km detection) have. She also has only 200 m of stealth torping range and her guns fire slower shells than both my Benson and my Haida. This all combines together to leave me with one perplexing question: How do I play her right?

Should I do what I do with my Benson or Haida: get close, smoke up, and let loose with the guns? Should I hide behind islands and wait for ambushes? Should I go into caps, smoke up, and wait for enemies to come my way? I'd just like some advice.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Its not a knife fighting cap thief. It does best backing up a knife fighting DD with good concealment.

Turret rotation as slow as molasses on a cold day. Almost have to treat it like a low tier BB by getting them turned the way you want in advance.

It has 5"+ guns so they pack a little more wallop. 

smoke is short lived

Like the American USN DD line so up to and including T6 Farragut, no stealth torping.

The one redeeming factor of the Agile is the need for speed. Throw on the Sierra Mike flag with speed boost. Your throwing up a rooster tail and only hitting the wave tops as you jet ski out of any situation.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[O7]
Members
5,159 posts
9,646 battles

Use IFHE. Flank. Propulsion mod to dodge incoming fire. Target BBs and cruisers at range. 

Edited by Pulicat

Sign in to follow this