You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Is it normal that Bayern can't cit Fuso?

8 comments in this topic

Members
370 posts
2,175 battles

I managed to get in real close range with a Fuso (8 km to just 3). Aimed well-adjusted. Half the rounds went inside her broadside yet not a single cit.

We both started with 2/3 of the hp. I had slightly more. 

Is this normal? I thought close range it was gonna be a done deal, I win, she lose. But no. 

Members
1,940 posts
2,492 battles

You need to aim for the bases of the two middle turret barbettes, as the engine room citadel is kinda hard to hit up close on Fuso.

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles

The Fuso is certainly squishy enough.  I just blew one out of the water with my Warspite in a Ranked Battle a moment ago.  The guy was so shocked that he said in chat "What just happened?"  I'd have told him, but I was just a little busy, earning a Kraken, a Dev Strike (the Fuso), and a High Caliber in a Ranked victory.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,133 posts
4,359 battles

Yeah once you get in that close you need to start aiming for the barbettes on a lot of ships, Fuso included, because of the citadel being at or below the waterline. Your shell trajectory is just too flat and flies right over the machine spaces.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

Yeah once you get in that close you need to start aiming for the barbettes on a lot of ships, Fuso included, because of the citadel being at or below the waterline. Your shell trajectory is just too flat and flies right over the machine spaces.

Ya know, I hadn't thought of that in those terms, Landsraad.  I have been aiming for barbettes, but for no particular reason.  But that does seem to be a good reason.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,879 posts

At range, no matter what ship, aim for machinery. 

Less than 10 km,  on BB's,  aim for barbettes. 

Members
370 posts
2,175 battles
19 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

At range, no matter what ship, aim for machinery. 

Less than 10 km,  on BB's,  aim for barbettes. 

So thats it.

I have been trying to shoot the mid-ship. Guess that's where things went wrong. (Or right for her, depends on the perspective.)