You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Steeler_Nation_USA

Jean Bart- What a fun ship.

17 comments in this topic

Members
227 posts
3,354 battles

I encourage everyone (well just you guys on the forum) to try this freaking awesome premium money maker ship. 

So fun, ENCOURAGES a good playstyle unlike Mushashi and Yammy campers. Great for the game and freaking awesome AA. 

Think MASS x 2. 

• Cool 2

[ALL41]
Members
150 posts
4,986 battles

I read posts about what a sin it is to spend steel/coal for a ship.    I did that (+ the coupon) for my JB a few weeks ago.    Zero regrets, a ton of fun to play, and I scored my highest damage game (313K damage...co-op game) in it last week, beating my old record (in a Mass) by a large margin.   

Yup, highly recommended brawling bb.   

Edited by ThumperD702

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,633 posts
2,633 battles

Fantastic ship. Sad it didnt get that special repair party Massachusetts and gascogne have, but hey, it already has so many fantastic aspectd

[LEGIT]
Members
1,483 posts
22,976 battles

It is great.  I really like the Richelieu and was hoping it would be a buffed Riche...it is!  I may do a bit more damage in Muasashi, but  have a better WR in JB.  It's going to be my ranked T9 ship (shudder...)  It just seems more versatile than Musashi or some of the other T9 BB's.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,512 posts
13,691 battles

I've got the Coal for her but am going to hold on to it a little longer to see what that "coming soon" ship is gonna be. I am just not a BB player at heart - even though Santa seems to be forcing me that way. At any rate I will spend my coal before the snowflakes melt.

Thanks @steelers_rule_2018, @ThumperD702, @_1204_, and @slokill_1 for the positives on JB. 

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,633 posts
2,633 battles
34 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I've got the Coal for her but am going to hold on to it a little longer to see what that "coming soon" ship is gonna be. I am just not a BB player at heart - even though Santa seems to be forcing me that way. At any rate I will spend my coal before the snowflakes melt.

Thanks @steelers_rule_2018, @ThumperD702, @_1204_, and @slokill_1 for the positives on JB. 

That could very well be a place holder just to keep us on our toes. I believe alaska was confirmed for free xp, so unless there is another ship in testing we are gonna have a wait.

But I get it. Not everybody lives French BBs

• Funny 1

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
463 posts

Jean Bart is one of the better ships I play in. Bow on tanking in that ship is AMAZING even against Yamato's!

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

Just got the mushashi via coal so it’s going to take months for me to get it. 

Members
1,301 posts
7,663 battles

JB is a pretty fun ship.  You just hope you dont run into any woosters, IJN alt line DDs, or Yammy/Mus or else you are in for a rough time. 

Im still trying to figure out the guns.   It seems to overpen a lot.   and at the 15km+ ranges, i can't seem to cit BBs that well.   Once you get in the 10-15km range, the guns are pretty solid.     Hitting stuff at range is easier than it is in other BBs. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,356 posts
15,843 battles

Great ship but that 32mm armor she's coated with is heaven for spammers.  It's not just her though.  RN & French BBs are coated with 32mm all over the place, most especially the decks.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[NETSI]
Members
74 posts
8,193 battles

I found myself memeing a lot in this ship just spamming HE against angled BBs like Yamato, Montana, Musashi, GK, ect.

Funny enough, I think it works so well that it does the HE BB spamming better than the Lion because of superior turret layout and reload times. The HE chance and pen damage is in fact quite effective as well.

Because of its low caliber for tier 9 and 10 BBs, sticking to just AP really doesn't work all the time. 

Bonus effect of having HE loaded more often than not is blapping that sudden pesky DD that shows up with the right shell type loaded.

[WOLF5]
Members
619 posts
22,164 battles
38 minutes ago, hyuuu said:

I found myself memeing a lot in this ship just spamming HE against angled BBs like Yamato, Montana, Musashi, GK, ect.

Funny enough, I think it works so well that it does the HE BB spamming better than the Lion because of superior turret layout and reload times. The HE chance and pen damage is in fact quite effective as well.

Because of its low caliber for tier 9 and 10 BBs, sticking to just AP really doesn't work all the time. 

Bonus effect of having HE loaded more often than not is blapping that sudden pesky DD that shows up with the right shell type loaded.

Yep, I played 4 games in her just to do the 4M French directive for the PEF.  Fast reloading bow-in reversing HE spammer does really well at locking down a flank against everything charging at you. When you can easily stack multiple fires on a ship and your teammates can flood them, it's very effective at map control. You won't delete stuff, but you're going to make your teammates look like rock stars. 

Members
114 posts
9,079 battles

It's so easy to quickly do 100k+ damage in Jean Bart from HE spam or AP + MBRB to the broadside. I find these AP shells don't overpen as much as Missouri and Musashi on broadside targets. It suffers from HE spam and being focus fired. It makes me think everyone is out to get Jean Bart because they heard of how powerful it can be.

[INTEL]
Members
9,266 posts
26,933 battles
19 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Great ship but that 32mm armor she's coated with is heaven for spammers.  It's not just her though.  RN & French BBs are coated with 32mm all over the place, most especially the decks.

Fire is so common at the high tiers (yet another reason not to play T9-10) that I don't even notice the extra damage I take from HE in the French BBs. You're always on fire anyway....

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,838 posts
4,849 battles

Well, I got Jean Bart over Musashi because I needed a French premium, and it sure did not disappoint. It goes very well with advancing style by concentrating 100% of firepower in front and high speed.

It single-handedly got my French 4M...hell, I could've exceed 1M if my prem time did not run out.

Spoiler

HHc7EkO.jpg

mI9EiXC.jpg

[USCC]
Members
69 posts
11,250 battles

Picked it up a few days ago, I agree it's a very fun ship.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,360 posts
8 hours ago, Khafni said:

:Smile_great:

8 hours ago, _1204_ said:

That could very well be a place holder just to keep us on our toes. I believe alaska was confirmed for free xp, so unless there is another ship in testing we are gonna have a wait.

But I get it. Not everybody lives French BBs

:Smile_great:Irian  or that new RU  DD  Neustrashimy