You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dashtardly

[PTS] AA Zone Control

5 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
184 posts
6,933 battles

By habbit I still want to click on an enemy airplane squadron.  What I find is that in the heat of battle, it's really awkward to bring up the new interface.  As a result, I don't set a "side" with focus.  I feel that maybe if I could click on the airplane squadron that that should be sufficient to indicate which "side" has focus (rather than a whole separate interface. I don't like having the overlay.  If anything I need a key like I have for switching shell types or shells/torps (or an icon on the main interface I can click on).

Members
698 posts
8,215 battles

TBH, in my opinion, it's just best if you leave it being a balance, making one side have more AA firepower is good but it takes time, and then the planes are coming into your other side with lesser firepower then you have to move the AA zone to the other side but with a delay is just horrible...

Side note: I also tried making an AA Wooster and she barely shoots down any planes on PTS, even with Def AA active...

But overall, I don't like it as you do too...

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,571 posts
13,465 battles

Personally, I'd like to be able to set the side by holding down the tilde hotkey and then tapping A/D (port/starboard). Clicking makes it awkward.

Alternatively, the left and right arrow keys aren't mapped by default, and could be good candidates for single-button AA transfer.

[DOG]
Members
184 posts
6,933 battles
11 hours ago, Amatsukaze_KaiNi said:

TBH, in my opinion, it's just best if you leave it being a balance, making one side have more AA firepower is good but it takes time, and then the planes are coming into your other side with lesser firepower then you have to move the AA zone to the other side but with a delay is just horrible...

Side note: I also tried making an AA Wooster and she barely shoots down any planes on PTS, even with Def AA active...

But overall, I don't like it as you do too...

I did an AA Seattle and happened to get one game with a CV. I was able to shoot down a number of airplanes but still died in the end to torps (seemed like I had them from one direction that I dodged only to have some from another).  It was very hot and heavy (our side down on ships) and a target rich environment (and lots to dodge/angle to) so I found it impossible to make time to invoke the AA zone control (which prompted me to make the post). I left it at default and it seemed to work ok. The thought that you should group up ships for overlapping fire is a fine thought at the early stages of the game, but mid to late game that's generally not going to be possible (and hence maybe the CV has the better advantage).

Members
698 posts
8,215 battles

Not entirely an advantage since they (us CV players) lost our power to control multiple squadrons...