You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Battle of Jutland MM

29 comments in this topic

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,277 battles
14 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Will just drop this here :Smile_hiding:.

shot-19_01.11_21_23.00-0690.thumb.jpg.45fdc6de84696bda7a58d42cd8b58c88.jpg

So how did the game go?

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,120 battles

Okay...was the MM high on something? Was there a power surge on the servers? 10 BB's 1CA, 1 CV lineup?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,119 posts
14,728 battles
12 minutes ago, iKami said:

So how did the game go?

I wasn't there but in a tier 3/4 match with a similar BB/cruisers balance, we had two cruisers per team, it was brutal and great fun.

[BTD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,846 battles
16 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Both RN cruisers probably peed themselves.

The 2 CA players
Image result for nope gif

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,180 posts
24,550 battles

The 2 RN CLs got smoke and generally good concealment though, especially Edinburgh.  They should have been able to survive quite a while compared to, say, a Baltimore or Cleveland finding themselves in their place this match.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
4,903 posts
6,595 battles
22 minutes ago, iKami said:

So how did the game go?

Focus fire matters quite a bit in these things it seems, so a lemmingtrain was quite effective. The Fiji in general stayed at range and smoked up the BBs, the moment Edinburgh was spotted it was almost instantly deleted. I had my Kruppstahl moment when I bounced a Musashi salvo, then managed to torp her :cap_rambo:. In general it was fun, though it took a while due to the much higher HP pools.

shot-19_01.11_22_15.04-0068.thumb.jpg.1c697725fcbfae9a43650b2770fe1b87.jpg

shot-19_01.11_22_15.11-0631.thumb.jpg.79f7b9528b154bb3bc73cdffa48e0770.jpg

Edited by warheart1992

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,119 posts
14,728 battles
5 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

The 2 CA CL players
Image result for nope gif

FTFY, the RN cruisers are Light Cruisers.

1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The 2 RN CLs got smoke and generally good concealment though, especially Edinburgh.  They should have been able to survive quite a while compared to, say, a Baltimore or Cleveland finding themselves in their place this match.

This, they have to be very patient and wait for the right moment while lighting up targets for their team.

[SALVO]
Members
25,453 posts
27,411 battles
27 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

At least they were RN cruisers with smoke.  I'd have been hiding behind whatever island I could find if I were one of those cruisers.

Hell, even the Scharnhorst would feel more like a cruiser than a battleship in that battle of tier 9 titans!

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,063 battles

On behalf of all Cruisers: Gross.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,453 posts
27,411 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

FTFY, the RN cruisers are Light Cruisers.

This, they have to be very patient and wait for the right moment while lighting up targets for their team.

Brush, I think that the problem those RN CLs would face is that this battle had carriers in it.  Without CVs in the mix, those CLs could play the role of DDs with their fairly low concealments.  But with CV planes around, those CLs would risk getting spotted and blow to kingdom come in a heartbeat.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,180 posts
24,550 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

At least they were RN cruisers with smoke.  I'd have been hiding behind whatever island I could find if I were one of those cruisers.

Hell, even the Scharnhorst would feel more like a cruiser than a battleship in that battle of tier 9 titans!

I remember a while back playing a Tier X BB, and some Fail Division of a VIII Tirpitz brought his friends, VII Gneisenau and Scharnhorst.  These Tier X BB with nothing but Overmatching guns and tons of power, range, accuracy devoured those things.

25mm BB armor!  How cute! :Smile_veryhappy:  Hindenburgs and Zaos gave them a proper Tier X welcome also.

They likely Divisioned up to beat up on Tier VI ships like 21kt New Mexico, or super squishy Tier VI Cruisers.  Instead they dived into the hellfire of a Tier X match and got spanked.

When the Seal Clubbers get clubbed!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,119 posts
14,728 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Brush, I think that the problem those RN CLs would face is that this battle had carriers in it.  Without CVs in the mix, those CLs could play the role of DDs with their fairly low concealments.  But with CV planes around, those CLs would risk getting spotted and blow to kingdom come in a heartbeat.

True, true but even with the CV's they need to think like DD's and stay in cover.

[SALVO]
Members
25,453 posts
27,411 battles

As an aside, I think that the idea of a Battle of Jutland operation might be really, really cool.  The player side could use RN, USN, or perhaps French BBs (with some screening friendly bots in cruisers), while the bot team would be German BBs and cruisers.  Tiers 4-6.

Come to think of it, why not have TWO Battle of Jutland operations,  one for the British side, and the other for the German side.  For the RN Jutland op, you could bring tier 4-6 RN, USN, or perhaps French BBs.  And for the German Jutland op, you could only bring German BBs (or perhaps the Austria-Hungarian BB if it was available when such an op was released).

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,440 posts
20,612 battles

Something about this week has been making people play BBs in droves. Is it because they're trying to earn money for the PEF missions?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,750 posts
15,279 battles

Fortunately WG have limited destroyer numbers to a maximum of 4 per side, so this should be pretty rare...

Oh.

[KWF]
Members
4,903 posts
6,595 battles
7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I can tell you at least what happened with the CVs in this battle. Because our team lemminged on purpose the red Essex wasn't able to pull off any strike on them except to try sniping our CV.  B was left uncontested for quite some time but because we were able to overpower that flank completely we had racked up more kills. 

Then we clashed in the middle to finish up.

[SALVO]
Members
25,453 posts
27,411 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

I can tell you at least what happened with the CVs in this battle. Because our team lemminged on purpose the red Essex wasn't able to pull off any strike on them except to try sniping our CV.  B was left uncontested for quite some time but because we were able to overpower that flank completely we had racked up more kills. 

Then we clashed in the middle to finish up.

Blobbing up a bunch of BBs has always been a powerful defense against CVs.  But you rarely see teams doing it.  

[BLHK]
Members
558 posts
50 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Or spontaneous exploded on being spotted lol

[KWF]
Members
4,903 posts
6,595 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Blobbing up a bunch of BBs has always been a powerful defense against CVs.  But you rarely see teams doing it.  

Yeah well, in a surprising turn of events we had agreed to focus fire as a whole so most of the team stuck together. Because me and the Iowa spawned at C we were more or less the rearguard while the rest hammered away.

Members
438 posts
202 battles
23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

As an aside, I think that the idea of a Battle of Jutland operation might be really, really cool.  The player side could use RN, USN, or perhaps French BBs (with some screening friendly bots in cruisers), while the bot team would be German BBs and cruisers.  Tiers 4-6.

Come to think of it, why not have TWO Battle of Jutland operations,  one for the British side, and the other for the German side.  For the RN Jutland op, you could bring tier 4-6 RN, USN, or perhaps French BBs.  And for the German Jutland op, you could only bring German BBs (or perhaps the Austria-Hungarian BB if it was available when such an op was released).

Make it from the German side and I'm in. If you look at Ops of the week Axis side gets zero love.