You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

How to profit from Carrier changes?

14 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
20,069 posts
12,754 battles
Just now, USSRichardNixon said:

How to maximize profit both in Free XP or credit?

I currently have a T7 unlocked and a T6 unlocked. I have no CV in port. 

Odd tiers are going away and you will get FXP and credits for those that leave. Specific amounts have not been released yet.

[F-N-S]
Members
567 posts
19,549 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Odd tiers are going away and you will get FXP and credits for those that leave. Specific amounts have not been released yet.

but even Tier is also going away, at least temporarily.

[PVE]
Members
20,069 posts
12,754 battles
10 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

but even Tier is also going away, at least temporarily.

Not really. Ranger is dropping to T6, so Independance is going away for a bit. But you will still have a T6 US CV. The odd tiers are really going to give compensation, but even tiers will as well. Now you can sell some or all of your CVs and get more compensation, but you have to sell top down. The specifics have not been released yet.

3 minutes ago, Total_Failure said:
6 minutes ago, Abides said:

what happens to the $aipan and Kaga?

moved to tier 8

This^^

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

Buy the premium camos a few weeks ago when they were 50% off then get them refunded with this next patch for full value. Honestly other than that I am not sure you can profit, just be refunded.

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
30,796 battles
53 minutes ago, Abides said:

what happens to the $aipan and Kaga?

What I'd like to know is, with the fundamental changes being made in carrier play, what advantage will there even be in owning a premium carrier?  Will there be a distinct difference in play style between the tier and premium carriers?  I am taking a wait-and-see posture, but WG will have to provide strong evidence that there is a reason for me not to sell my Kaga back.  In my heart of hearts, I'm hoping the carrier rework fails, carriers go back to being a niche part of the game, and WG decides to remove them altogether.

Members
6,778 posts
21,175 battles
12 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

What I'd like to know is, with the fundamental changes being made in carrier play, what advantage will there even be in owning a premium carrier?  Will there be a distinct difference in play style between the tier and premium carriers?  I am taking a wait-and-see posture, but WG will have to provide strong evidence that there is a reason for me not to sell my Kaga back.  In my heart of hearts, I'm hoping the carrier rework fails, carriers go back to being a niche part of the game, and WG decides to remove them altogether.

Enterprise and Graf as well. I don't hate them, just some people are so inept at them. 

[GWG]
Members
7,226 posts
14,041 battles

I just read the other thread by Fem..  Full FAQ ???  Ummm...  no comment.

Your Premium Camo for the odd CVs will....  um...  will...  well...   TBD

As for 'How to profit' for this CV change...   I guess that depends on one's perspective.  I see no profit at all. 

If this was October-December, I would expect lavish refunds and bonuses..  but seeing how this is January..  prepare yourself for a disappointment.

I recall they 'accidentally' gave everyone Kagero camo during the IJN DD change....   Whoops!  Took it back.

I anticipate either an angry lock-down, or they will be giving away free T8 CVs to everyone.  The latter would make all the prior grinding and learning efforts meaningless.

So last night, I got to YOLO my Midway down the slot on Two Brothers.   "Hold My Beer"..  I ended up top of the team, survived, made it, capped, two kills, but only had 1/4 of my health.  That will never happen under the new system.

Members
76 posts
4,172 battles

Well, maybe I read the PSA wrong since nobody mentioned it yet. But even if I don't have much interest in keeping the cv, I still can farm up the cv lines to some degree and get refunded for free exp? I am still half a million short for Alaska. If that's case I don't mind try the new cv lines for a bit.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,447 posts
20,665 battles

1. Buy the odd-tier permacamos at half off (expired a few weeks ago)

All odd-tier CVs are leaving the game, with permacamos refunded at full doubloon price.
Gain: You get double the doubloons you put in.

2. Grind all the CV lines now, then when the rework releases, choose the refund option on all your carriers

All CVs can be refunded for full FXP equal to the XP cost of the ships/upgrades.
Gain: The regular XP you ground out to get the ships all becomes Free XP. You may also profit if your clan has discount buildings, because you will receive 100% of the list price, but you would only have paid the discounted clan rate.

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

Buy them and keep them in port. Worst case you get a 1:1 return ratio.

That said for those that want to actually play the CVs it seems we have to wait and see as last I read refunding any CV automatically removes every CV above it or something to that effect so they've intentionally made it impossible to profit unless you want to reset the entire line.

I suspect this rework is going to be a bit of a mess for about 6 months though as WG are being WG and have done half-assed testing (bots aren't indicative of anything) and forcing it to live for true balancing.

Edited by ksix

[PVE]
Members
20,069 posts
12,754 battles
13 minutes ago, ksix said:

Buy them and keep them in port. Worst case you get a 1:1 return ratio.

That said for those that want to actually play the CVs it seems we have to wait and see as last I read refunding any CV automatically removes every CV above it or something to that effect so they've intentionally made it impossible to profit unless you want to reset the entire line.

I suspect this rework is going to be a bit of a mess for about 6 months though as WG are being WG and have done half-assed testing (bots aren't indicative of anything) and forcing it to live for true balancing.

Yes, if you want to sell the T6 CV back for compensation, you also have to sell the T8 & T10 above the T6.