Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DemonOfRazgrizz

To buy or to wait, that is the question

19 comments in this topic

Members
104 posts
7,112 battles

Ok so right now I have about 30k coal and 14.2k steel in my arsenal. I COULD get the Jean Bart with that amount of coal and steel combined. however obviously who doesn't want a Stalingrad? or at least an Azuma for steel. but then again I have no idea how long the Jean Bart will be in the arsenal, or the Stalingrad. recommendations? I don't want to potato this decision and regret it LOL

[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts

Personally i love the JB, it's a blast to play. Wouldn't mind the Stalingrad, but unless WG has a bunch of free steel events, that will never happen. I managed to get enough coal to get it without steel, but now I have a bunch of steel I'll never use, unless another good ship shows up for coal.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,000 posts
5,814 battles

Jean Bart only came out recently with WG's new inflated prices, and it's not OP either. It'll probably be around for a while.

I'd wait to see what Azuma comes out for. Maybe WG will surprise everyone by making it a coal ship.

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

Don't waste your steel. The 1 to 10 conversion is terrible, even if it was 1-100 it would still be bad. Steel is hard to get a resource that gives access to some great ships, coal is easy to get and can be used on mediocre ships.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts
10 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

I would save the steel for a steel only ship

Unless you're involved in CB, how would you expect to gain enough steel for anything? Or are you into paying $100's for a ship?:Smile_amazed:

[PVE]
Members
1,085 posts
9,347 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Unless you're involved in CB, how would you expect to gain enough steel for anything? Or are you into paying $100's for a ship?:Smile_amazed:

Fair point, I don't CB so my steel count is very low. I will keep it though just in case it builds up to something over time. 

The Jean Bart should be around for awhile so I would wait to accumulate more coal.

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles

agreed save your steel, I caved and cashed mine in to get the Salem...wish I had saved it because I could now have the Flint or Black.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,680 posts
19,806 battles
29 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Don't waste your steel. The 1 to 10 conversion is terrible, even if it was 1-100 it would still be bad. Steel is hard to get a resource that gives access to some great ships, coal is easy to get and can be used on mediocre ships.

^

Save your steel, just farm mad coal, pick the resource container every time and you'll see your coal supply steadily grow.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,567 posts
9,216 battles
52 minutes ago, Blademaster95 said:

however obviously who doesn't want a Stalingrad?

There's a bunch of people that want refunds because the fire duration is going up 15 seconds.....:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[-A-8-]
Members
7 posts

As said above coal is easy to get through containers and some special mission rewards where as steel is very hard to get unless you play special ranked or CB's. Saying this it imo is a personal judgement call and are the ships for steel ships you will like to play or fit your play style. If they are then great, save the steel but if they are not then use the steel to get a ship you will use and enjoy even if it is for coal. Do not forget to use the discount coupons for either way you decide to go as they save a pile on the top end ships.

GL and happy sailing 

[PVE]
Members
19,969 posts
12,643 battles
1 hour ago, Blademaster95 said:

Ok so right now I have about 30k coal and 14.2k steel in my arsenal. I COULD get the Jean Bart with that amount of coal and steel combined. however obviously who doesn't want a Stalingrad? or at least an Azuma for steel. but then again I have no idea how long the Jean Bart will be in the arsenal, or the Stalingrad. recommendations? I don't want to potato this decision and regret it LOL

I would also suggest NOT converting to coal. Coal is not too hard to grind with the Daily Chains and More Resources containers.

Flint is 11,600 steel, 8,700 with coupon. Yes, it is a variant of your Atlanta, but it has smoke instead of RADAR and has 9.1km torps.

Black is 14,000 steel, 10,500 with coupon. It is a Fletcher variant, but has RADAR and smoke.

Stalingrad is 28,000 steel, 21,000 with coupon. You are 2/3 of the way to Stalingrad.

Bourgogne is 30,000 steel, 22,500 with coupon, so you are almost 2/3 of the way to Bourgogne.

Azuma is an IJN T9 battlecruiser and should be 28k-ish steel, 21k-ish with coupon. Azuma seems to be the steel ship teased in the Arsenal. 

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,296 posts
9,645 battles
1 hour ago, Blademaster95 said:

Keep your steel. Coal is easy to come by, you should be getting a steady trickle from "more resources" containers I'd nothing else. Steel is not.

Members
104 posts
7,112 battles

Very true. Biggest thing is that since I do play CBs and I am going to be doing ranked. I should be able to have Stalingrad within the next 3 to 4 months Id wager depending. Jean Bart does sound like it will be around for awhile. And only other steel ships id maybe want are Flint and Azuma. but Stalingrad seems like the best bet. Just gotta wait to get the last 6800 steel. 

[ARGSY]
Members
21,522 posts
15,613 battles
2 hours ago, Blademaster95 said:

14.2k steel

Isn't that enough for the Flint? Maybe even the Black? (Don't have the game in front of me right now.)

Definitely don't waste it on a coal ship, even a high-tier one like Jean Bart.

[HGE]
Members
55 posts
7,233 battles
2 hours ago, Blademaster95 said:

Keep your steel!!!  Seeing how ship monetization progress from FXP - Coal - Steel there maybe another type.  Steel may become cheaper in 2020.  At which point you’ll grind for Plutonium for the subs premium ships  

also definitely buy Santa Crates  $600+ spending will get you all the other ships  ok WG gimmme something good now I advertise for u

Realistically just play for the more resources boxes. 

[DIEBL]
Members
640 posts
8,404 battles

If you are uncertain or managing limited resources, the answer is to either...

1) Wait until you have made a decision

2) Wait until right before the ability to make a decision is taken from you and then make a decision

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,457 battles

I got enough coal to buy the JB 25% off and the Salem for the full price. And have again 60k in my arsenal.

Coal is much easier to farm and the JB will stay in the arsenal for at least another few months.

Sign in to follow this