You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SilverPhatShips

Stats reset

27 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
4,644 posts
23,235 battles

This game has changed so much in the last 3 years  It's changed especially with the captain skill rework, smoke rework, power crepes to original lines and now with the CV rework.

Every time they make changes  It has skewed the original stats on everybody.

They let you rework ship skills when they make changes, captain skills when they make changes why not let us reset our stats?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,030 battles

I'm not sure how any change skews stats?   But I'm all for it preach on!!!    

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
14,367 posts
20,487 battles

If the stats are skewed on everyone.... well....then.....that means they are still relative therefore still valuable. No need to reset anything.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,118 posts
25,397 battles

It would be better if the API were improved with the ability to get stats within certain time windows, similar to the way the old Warships.today site used to (it's borked beyond trustworthiness now).

3 minutes ago, paradat said:

If the stats are skewed on everyone.... well....then.....that means they are still relative therefore still valuable. No need to reset anything.

Not true. Because people started playing at different times, they all have different proportions of their stats affected. Someone who started playing in the past few months, for instance, would have 100% of their Furutaka stats from the latest version that many people believe is overpowered, while someone who climbed that tech tree path in Beta would have 100% of their Furutaka stats from the craptastic version that didn't even have a C hull. They would also have been playing in different metas, etc. that all make the stats incomparable.

• Cool 2

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,254 posts
12,776 battles

I started playing around open beta and it didn't take me too too long to eventually learn the basics, then just grow from there. The game isn't hard to learn unless you make it, and the same applies with every update. Learn what's new and then adjust and adapt. No need to reset stats 

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,030 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

It would be better if the API were improved with the ability to get stats within certain time windows, similar to the way the old Warships.today site used to (it's borked beyond trustworthiness now).

Not true. Because people started playing at different times, they all have different proportions of their stats affected. Someone who started playing in the past few months, for instance, would have 100% of their Furutaka stats from the latest version that many people believe is overpowered, while someone who climbed that tech tree path in Beta would have 100% of their Furutaka stats from the craptastic version that didn't even have a C hull. They would also have been playing in different metas, etc. that all make the stats incomparable.

You could literally justify a stats change with every patch by this logic.   

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
14,367 posts
20,487 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Yeah that is true. I just meant that since most of the stat sites track stats in different times. All time , last 1000 battles. last 30 days, 7 days today etc....

We do not need to reset. Relative skill will still be measurable with existing stats. No need to wipe out history.

• Cool 1

Members
7,122 posts
24,696 battles
16 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

This game has changed so much in the last 3 years  It's changed especially with the captain skill rework, smoke rework, power crepes to original lines and now with the CV rework.

Every time they make changes  It has skewed the original stats on everybody.

They let you rework ship skills when they make changes, captain skills when they make changes why not let us reset our stats?

Dear Silverdahc,

Thank you for the wonderful idea, do you think it should be a flat 5000 doubloon fee, or the worse your stats, the more doubloons?

Yours truly, 

WG revenue department.

• Funny 4

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,118 posts
25,397 battles
3 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

You could literally justify a stats change with every patch by this logic.   

You say that like it's a bad thing. In a lot of ways, balance adjustments should be made with the latest (current meta) data in mind first, and a diminshing amount of faith put in older data, as it is genuinely less relevant as time goes on.

That said, I don't agree with slate-wiping on demand, since that's exploitable to create cherry-picked stats that are equally useless for comparison purposes, and lends itself to a culture of stat whoring (even more than we already have). It's why I said the best solution is a time-windowing option that preserves the overall data but also lets us see sub-portions of it that are of more relevance for certain comparative purposes.

[ARP]
Members
2,108 posts
18,485 battles

As long as they mark RTS CV stats as midway (old) and start fresh with all CV stats on rework it's fine. Stats reset is called reroll. If you are unhappy with the stats you earned and want to start over fresh, start a fresh account for fresh stats.

Members
5,202 posts

The ability to reset stats would make stat drama even worse than it is now. Stats are what they are. If people are too obtuse to value your recent stats over your old stats, that's on them. 

• Cool 3

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,282 posts
17,718 battles

Stats?  By what measure do you wish to achieve greatness in a video game that you may have some faded memories of 10 years from now.... here is some REAL GOOD ADVICE....use stats if you must to measure YOUR improvement.  Don't worry about comparing yourself to others...you will only be disappointed.

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
15,337 posts
16,158 battles
2 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I want some power crepes. They sound tasty!

They make them with protein powder and Red Bull.

Not recommended.

Members
2,304 posts
11,472 battles

My 180 games, 47% WR in my T6 Cleveland must forever remain as a testament to the potato I was back in open beta.

Members
1,651 posts
20,307 battles
43 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

The ability to reset stats would make stat drama even worse than it is now. Stats are what they are. If people are too obtuse to value your recent stats over your old stats, that's on them. 

My estimate of Obtuse players in this game

obtuse.thumb.png.33196d0c87449a7c3fc82b69410e27c2.png

• Funny 1

Members
1,651 posts
20,307 battles

Honestly I think if you have played over 10,000 battles i think they should let you get rid of 2 of your worst ships played.

In my case the NM or Colorado would be the 2 ships that i would permanently delete from my history lol

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
47 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I want some power crepes. They sound tasty!

I dunno, usually whenever they add an adjective that has nothing to do with taste, it tastes like tofu, with a hint of bitterness from previous shattered New Year's Resolutions...

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
469 posts
8,104 battles

3 years ago I was a potato and shot potatoes

now I'm an Uber seal clubbing potato. If you reset my stats I'll have a 50% wr because I haven't hurdled the last distance of carrying 5 team mates 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,647 posts
16,644 battles

There already is a way to reset your stats.  Unless someone can tell me logically how someone with, say, 1k battles, can have multiple tier 10 ships, then there has to be a way to reset your stats and keep your progress.  I have even seen people with no Tier 1-5 games, who have T6+ stats only.

Either they can be reset, or there's glitches in how the stats are displayed/kept.

Case in point (first number is battles):

ScreenShot537.jpg

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

Members
5,202 posts
8 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

There already is a way to reset your stats.  Unless someone can tell me logically how someone with, say, 1k battles, can have multiple tier 10 ships, then there has to be a way to reset your stats and keep your progress.  I have even seen people with no Tier 1-5 games, who have T6+ stats only.

Either they can be reset, or there's glitches in how the stats are displayed/kept.

Case in point (first number is battles):

ScreenShot537.jpg

It's actually pretty simple. A super-unicum rerolls. Due to their experience, they grind through the first 9 tiers expeditiously. They can buy dubs and convert all the elite XP accumulated with their shiny T10 into FreeXP with which they can further accelerate their "grind" to other T10 ships.