You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

Comeback in Abruzzi

19 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
161 posts
3,397 battles

Quite a comeback here! A few notes on Abruzzi:

- Ship is quite comfortable but everything feels a bit underpowered: few slow torps, annoying shells and speed is meh for light cruiser.

- You have to work a lot to do damage; I don't have IFHE yet and there are lots of shatters, guns have nice flat arcs but that air drag...

- Torps are strange: 12km! But you have only few and they are slow; often you hit something by surprise because ppl just don't expect them at all.

- Armor is deceptive: you see splashes all around and start to feel invincible then suddenly bam--and half hp is gone. And then you realize that that heal doesn't do much (((

Overall I seem to like this ship!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
5,471 posts
9,414 battles

Ah, yes......Abruzzi.  A T6 masquerading as a T7 ship.

I feel it's a ship with potential, but let down by poor balancing and mediocre characteristics.

[O7]
Members
445 posts
12,969 battles

I think it's woefully underappreciated. It may be a filthy damage farmer, but I refer to it as the T7 henri. Any T7 cruiser I can average over 100k in is a solid pick in my eyes. I'm look at you too Boise/Nueve.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,123 posts
9,701 battles

As an Italian fan...I so want this ship...was hoping some Xmas crates...alas....but still keeping my eye on her...would like to see a small buff, but I like my Acosta just as she is.  I think Italian CAs in general could use a bit of help on the HE/AP  I LOVE my water mines...exactly right...launch...5 minutes later  you hit something lol....sometimes, like 3 weeks in a row I hit my own ships...and was pink for a bit..ugh...but thats what comes with the water mines!

[-1]
Members
161 posts
3,397 battles
2 hours ago, Morpheous said:

As an Italian fan...I so want this ship...was hoping some Xmas crates...alas....but still keeping my eye on her...would like to see a small buff, but I like my Acosta just as she is.  I think Italian CAs in general could use a bit of help on the HE/AP  I LOVE my water mines...exactly right...launch...5 minutes later  you hit something lol....sometimes, like 3 weeks in a row I hit my own ships...and was pink for a bit..ugh...but thats what comes with the water mines!

This actually happened twice in this video--that BB clearly didn't expect torps to come that late )))

[WGA]
Administrator
202 posts
343 battles
5 hours ago, dimzzy said:

- Ship is quite comfortable but everything feels a bit underpowered: few slow torps, annoying shells and speed is meh for light cruiser.

- You have to work a lot to do damage; I don't have IFHE yet and there are lots of shatters, guns have nice flat arcs but that air drag...

- Torps are strange: 12km! But you have only few and they are slow; often you hit something by surprise because ppl just don't expect them at all.

- Armor is deceptive: you see splashes all around and start to feel invincible then suddenly bam--and half hp is gone. And then you realize that that heal doesn't do much (((

Good game! 

[-1]
Members
161 posts
3,397 battles
1 minute ago, iKami said:

Good game! 

Oh BTW: did you notice that tremble in the reply when I was shooting at long range using spotter plane? That's a replay bug. It does not happen in the game. It would be nice if it could be fixed )))

[WGA]
Administrator
202 posts
343 battles
1 minute ago, dimzzy said:

Oh BTW: did you notice that tremble in the reply when I was shooting at long range using spotter plane? That's a replay bug. It does not happen in the game. It would be nice if it could be fixed )))

Thanks for the heads up!

• Cool 1

Members
432 posts
5,475 battles
5 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

I think it's woefully underappreciated. It may be a filthy damage farmer, but I refer to it as the T7 henri. Any T7 cruiser I can average over 100k in is a solid pick in my eyes. I'm look at you too Boise/Nueve.

Same can be said for D'aosta, imo.

Pending (of course) the match doesnt end in less than 10 (god forbid 8) minutes as they have lately.

Wish they'd remove the unnecessary -100 AP damage on Abruzzi and just copy the gun performance over. I seriously doubt this would push abruzzi anywhere near the "woah man too strong" category.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,371 posts
735 battles
7 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

What is your captain skill setup?  I've been considering dumping DE for Superintendent, since the fire chance is crap anyway.

[O7]
Members
445 posts
12,969 battles
24 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

What is your captain skill setup?  I've been considering dumping DE for Superintendent, since the fire chance is crap anyway.

Capture.PNG

[-BRS-]
Members
958 posts
7,858 battles
1 minute ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Capture.PNG

I find your choice of DE questionable... by chance, was this your Aosta captain?

[O7]
Members
445 posts
12,969 battles
1 hour ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

I find your choice of DE questionable... by chance, was this your Aosta captain?

its both. this is the best build because your low alpha is made up for by the fires

[-BRS-]
Members
958 posts
7,858 battles
16 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

its both. this is the best build because your low alpha is made up for by the fires

How many fires we talking about? With IFHE and DE your a 7% w/o flags... For the Aosta I agree. The Abuzzi, I would say SI, just for the extra heal.

[USCG]
Members
250 posts
13,445 battles
16 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Yes! I picked up the Abruzzi, Nueve and Boise this year in Santa crates. I’m not a big fan of mid-tier cruisers but these three are VERY fun to play and can crank up the damage once you outfit your captain with IFHE. The ability to heal (especially powerful on the Nueve & Boise) makes a huge difference and allows you to semi-recover after one of those “across the map” citadel shots from a BB.

[-1]
Members
161 posts
3,397 battles
8 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Capture.PNG

I was thinking to respec for Surv Expert instead of SI. What I noticed is that many people shoot AP at you which you can't heal so extra ~2500 hp would be useful. SI is surprisingly useless:

- Extra Hydro: you play at distance so I rarely use all of them

- Extra AA/spotter: AA is not great anyway and the problem with spotter is long reload; I use special module for 130sec spotter and rarely go through all charges

- Extra heal: I rarely use all; again--the problem is that often when you are low on hp you can't even heal it because it's mostly AP damage

...so Surv Expert seems like a good choice for me now. Well, I still have a 10pt captn though and not that many games (((

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
287 posts
7,992 battles

I was really expecting this at the end with your thumbnail looking like that:

18 hours ago, dimzzy said:

[O7]
Members
445 posts
12,969 battles
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

I was thinking to respec for Surv Expert instead of SI. What I noticed is that many people shoot AP at you which you can't heal so extra ~2500 hp would be useful. SI is surprisingly useless:

- Extra Hydro: you play at distance so I rarely use all of them

- Extra AA/spotter: AA is not great anyway and the problem with spotter is long reload; I use special module for 130sec spotter and rarely go through all charges

- Extra heal: I rarely use all; again--the problem is that often when you are low on hp you can't even heal it because it's mostly AP damage

...so Surv Expert seems like a good choice for me now. Well, I still have a 10pt captn though and not that many games (((

I would take demo over survivability expert all day myself. Like I said I've been able to maintain over 100,000 average damage simply by using agility to make the enemies miss. SE only grants you an extra 2,450HP, which is just a couple of shells at most. Losing DE just means you are almost purely reliant on alpha damage, which is one of the biggest weaknesses of the ship.

[WAG]
Members
1,411 posts
8,054 battles
On 1/10/2019 at 12:58 PM, dimzzy said:

Seems the Abruzzi is getting a lot of love as of late...  I made a vid, you made a vid, others have been posting.. why it's an Italian renaissance !!

• Cool 1