You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Is Alaska definitely coming in 8.0? (I hope it isn't a repost)

48 comments in this topic

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
152 posts
3,405 battles

I just spent about 30 mins trying to find the answer, and I don't see anything official. So I figured I'd just ask:

So, is the Alaska coming in the 8.0 patch?

Is there an official word out there that I missed? Anyone got link?

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Members
4,089 posts
5,892 battles

Short answer:  No.  

Long answer:  It's highly likely the Alaska will be released sometime around the start of the next (Tier 9) ranked season, and I would be very surprised to not see it next patch....however, nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 3

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
373 posts
4,889 battles

We lose two fxp ships and "possibly" get Alaska as a replacement.

But wouldn't that be an epic troll if we have to wait for the February patch?

[PVE]
Members
10,846 posts
7,979 battles
6 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I just spent about 30 mins trying to find the answer, and I don't see anything official. So I figured I'd just ask:

So, is the Alaska coming in the 8.0 patch?

Is there an official word out there that I missed? Anyone got link?

2 minutes ago, yashma said:

Short answer:  No.  

Long answer:  It's highly likely the Alaska will be released sometime around the start of the next (Tier 9) ranked season, if at all possible, and I would be very surprised to not see it next patch....however, nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

Like Yashma said, nothing official. Ranked is coming in Update 8.0 and Kronshtadt and Musashi are leaving, so sometime in 8.0 seems likely. Just nothing official.

• Bad 1

Members
118 posts
6,399 battles

On one hand, it would make sense for Alaska to be released when Musashi and Kron are removed, so there's still a high-tier FXP ship in the game (Nelson's still there I guess, but she's not quite the same).

On the other hand, 8.0 is due in less than 2 weeks.... I would have thought we'd have heard something by now if Alaska was actually being released with 8.0. 

If we don't hear anything by Monday/Tuesday, I'd say she's not coming with 8.0. Maybe 8.0.1? (A week later?)

• Cool 1

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
345 posts
7,820 battles

We can at best only speculate on when. The best guess would be 0.8.0 patch because they are removing 2 ships and it has been confirmed Jean Bart will be a fxp ship and will slide into one vacant slot. Now how they release Alaska is a different story. I imagine the Jean Bart scenario maybe played out again prior to Alaska's release. It would make the best deal of sense that with the ranked at tier 9 and removal of 2 fxp ships at the same time = sales opportunity.   

Members
327 posts

Alaska is final, with the exception of the possible fire duration increase. So, as long as they make up their minds about that in the next 2 weeks, Alaska should come with 8.0.  I'm pretty sure the release of Alaska and making ranked T9 this time around is no coincidence. 

[PVE]
Members
10,846 posts
7,979 battles
1 minute ago, Condor_Legion said:

We can at best only speculate on when. The best guess would be 0.8.0 patch because they are removing 2 ships and it has been confirmed Jean Bart will be a fxp ship and will slide into one vacant slot. Now how they release Alaska is a different story. I imagine the Jean Bart scenario maybe played out again prior to Alaska's release. It would make the best deal of sense that with the ranked at tier 9 and removal of 2 fxp ships at the same time = sales opportunity.   

Jean Bart is in the Arsenal right now for 228,000 coal. Bourgogne is in the Arsenal for 30,000 steel. Alaska has been set as 1,000,000 FXP per the dev blog. It appears Azuma will be in the Arsenal for steel, 28,000-ish as a SWAG.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2,348 posts
1,062 battles
3 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Alaska is final, with the exception of the possible fire duration increase. So, as long as they make up their minds about that in the next 2 weeks, Alaska should come with 8.0.  I'm pretty sure the release of Alaska and making ranked T9 this time around is no coincidence. 

I am sure WG wanted Alaska for 8.0, but if the fire duration numbers don't achieve whatever WG is looking for (are worse or better), then they will likely hold off.

Members
778 posts
10,442 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I am sure WG wanted Alaska for 8.0, but if the fire duration numbers don't achieve whatever WG is looking for (are worse or better), then they will likely hold off.

I really think they should keep it down to 45s.

• Bad 1

Members
2,348 posts
1,062 battles
Just now, Airglide2 said:

I really think they should keep it down to 45s.

Since Tier 5 is my highest ship, it is above my playgrade.

I think that after the biggiecruiser riots, they don't want to nerf another premium (or type of premium) after release.

Members
778 posts
10,442 battles
9 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Since Tier 5 is my highest ship, it is above my playgrade.

I think that after the biggiecruiser riots, they don't want to nerf another premium (or type of premium) after release.

They won’t have a choice once they decided to split the BB lines for a BC section.  Or heck, a whole new catergory.

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
152 posts
3,405 battles

Thanks everyone for the replies and clarification that I did not miss an official post about it. Gah... I'm at 750, so I'm so tempted to get the Musashi, but then I'll be without the AK for quite a while as I grind up the FXP again. Hrmpf!

1 hour ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I hear ya man... sadly, should doesn't pay the bills!

[PVE]
Members
6,453 posts
11,451 battles
3 hours ago, Condor_Legion said:

it has been confirmed Jean Bart will be a fxp ship and will slide into one vacant slot.  

What?: Jean Bart was sold for real money and is also a Coal ship. Where did you see it will now be FXP as well?

[XBRTC]
Members
1,660 posts
7,914 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

What?: Jean Bart was sold for real money and is also a Coal ship. Where did you see it will now be FXP as well?

I'm not sure that it's been explicitly said that it's an FXP ship, but there was something a while back where they said that Kron and Mushy were getting removed from FXP and arsenal sales, and that Mushy's replacement was Jean Bart, while Kron's replacement was still TBD.

It's sort of implied that JB would be available for FXP... but it wasn't clearly stated as such, so far as I can remember.

Members
4,011 posts
14,850 battles

WG's been dragging their feet on releasing Alaska for a loooong time now and if they don't release her with 8.0 to replace Musashi and Kron there's very likely going to be another sh*tstorm to add the certain CV rework sh*tstorm.

[BNKR]
Members
853 posts
884 battles
3 hours ago, TheArc said:

Thanks everyone for the replies and clarification that I did not miss an official post about it. Gah... I'm at 750, so I'm so tempted to get the Musashi, but then I'll be without the AK for quite a while as I grind up the FXP again. Hrmpf!

If you like battleships and don't have Yamato, I highly recommend Musashi.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,701 posts
10,076 battles
4 hours ago, TheArc said:

Get Musashi! The only correct play is get both. Musashi now Alaska later.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
127 posts
33,985 battles
14 minutes ago, paradat said:

Get Musashi! The only correct play is get both. Musashi now Alaska later.

+1  Grab Mushy while it's still there, then you can work on the fxp for Alaska.