You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Elisabeth

Out of curiosity, what lines can we expect this year?

52 comments in this topic

[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,324 posts
4,541 battles

Well the "alternate" carrier lines are likely to bring the old ships back, probably toward the middle to end of the year. Other than that? Place your bets! My money's on French DDs, at least one Italian line (cruisers? Oh please be cruisers!), and a wildcard like Pan American Cruisers or Polish destroyers.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,421 posts
4,292 battles

Russian BBs were shown recently, same as RN CVs. Hopefully a cruiser line makes it into the game as well, fingers crossed for Italians.

[MOOW]
Members
276 posts
16,702 battles

I looking forward for italian cruisers....battleships especially.....russian bb line should be awesome..

[KNMSU]
Members
4,851 posts
5,122 battles
5 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Well the "alternate" carrier lines are likely to bring the old ships back, probably toward the middle to end of the year. Other than that? Place your bets! My money's on French DDs, at least one Italian line (cruisers? Oh please be cruisers!), and a wildcard like Pan American Cruisers or Polish destroyers.

I'd like to see at least Italian cruisers, and possibly battleships, too. It seems silly to finish the French before the Italians get at least two lines.

[-K-]
Members
5,882 posts
10,014 battles

Wouldn't mind seeing a premium or two to start a potential Pan-European tree at some point.

[5BS]
Members
5,963 posts

RN CV's sound like they will be released *this* month as part of the rework (at least that's how they were posed in the News Article).

Obviously the RU BB's.

Other than that, we might finally see a French DD line and maybe the long sought Italian Cruiser line (unless they are 100% dedicated to making Italy a Premium nation but seriously where is a Zara?)

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,254 posts
65 battles
  • 1 or 2: RN carriers. 
  • 1 or 2: Russian battleships and Russian Navy arc. 
  • 3: PanEU line for Gamescon. 
  • 4: French or PanAm destroyers. 

Follow the premiums and event ship development.  Last year British destroys kept popping up. 

[HYDRO]
Members
2,421 posts
4,292 battles
23 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a premium or two to start a potential Pan-European tree at some point.

Viribus Unitis should be in the Pan-European tree since she's Austro-Hungarian. The German nationality I think is just a placeholder. At some point I also expect Blyskawica to be moved to that tree as well.

Edited by warheart1992

[-K-]
Members
5,882 posts
10,014 battles
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Viribus Unitis should be in the Pan-European tree since she's Austro-Hungarian. The German nationality I think is just a placeholder. At some point I also expect Blyskawica to be moved to that tree as well.

Agreed on both fronts.  

And since she's already modelled, I'd expect to see Blyskawica's sister-ship, Grom, at some point added to that tree as well.  We know how much WG likes to copy and paste premiums.

• Cool 2

[H_]
Members
1,501 posts

I'd like to see the start of the Cold War era combatants.  Expand the lines into missile ships, jet CV's, Subs and create a new mode of play. 

WW2 is so screwed up now, to the point of hundreds of players have left; so, why not go there !  Can't go backwards into the Washington treaty days because of Radar.....  It goes too low tier wise with the +/-2 MM.  Freeze radar at 7 and up only and then open the WT mode.  A dreadnought mode for WW1.  It's no fun being half in and half out of the 1960's every night.....

WG could also expand into the further future and give us Gauss/rail, drone and laser technologies and get into the Science-Fiction realm of naval warfare.....  Why not?  The entire game is make believe anyway !!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7
  • Angry 2

[ARGSY]
Members
8,777 posts
5,911 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_ContediCavour said:

It seems silly to finish the French before the Italians get at least two lines.

One could take the opposite tack as well. France only needs a destroyer line to be complete (we might one day see Bearn as a premium, but France was never a CV nation until well after WW2). Why not just get that done, and then they can devote all their attention to Italy? It depends on how things are going with getting detailed plans out of the Italian archives, something that seems to be troubling them right now. The French destroyers shouldn't be put on hold just because of that.

1 hour ago, Sparviero said:
  • 1 or 2: RN carriers. 
  • 1 or 2: Russian battleships and Russian Navy arc. 
  • 3: PanEU line for Gamescon. 
  • 4: French or PanAm destroyers. 

I favour the order here - RN carriers with the rework, Russian battleships next, French destroyers by the end of the year, maybe the PanEU in the middle unless they have a surprise for us we don't know about yet.

PanAm probably has enough destroyer designs to make a tree, but nothing at all has been said except for forum members' very detailed (and in some cases quite justifiable) hopes and dreams. Hopefully they can find enough that were designed and built for the nations concerned, rather than being hand-me-downs, otherwise it's just going to be Pan-Asia all over again with different ships and nobody will care. If that were the case, I would rather see effort put into the South American dreadnoughts, even if they all have to be T4 to T6 premiums.

• Cool 4

[C-CA]
2,324 posts
4,541 battles
15 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

See iDunno about that for Blyskawica. Poland actually has enough material to stand on their own with a DD line, so it's entirely possible that they'll stay as a separate nation. There are only a couple of gaps to be filled in before tier 7, if that; Grom would make a solid 7 as indicated by her sister-ship, and tier 8 is easily filled in with the "super-Grom" that was being built before the war. That just leaves tier 9 and 10, and a couple of oddball Soviet ships used by Poland during the Cold War could fit the bill for those.

Honestly Poland as a stand-alone DD line has at least as much grounding as a full Russian BB line, and that's already confirmed to be coming.

[-TD-]
[-TD-]
Members
598 posts
14 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

I'd like to see the start of the Cold War era combatants.  Expand the lines into missile ships, jet CV's, Subs and create a new mode of play. 

WW2 is so screwed up now, to the point of hundreds of players have left; so, why not go there !  Can't go backwards into the Washington treaty days because of Radar.....  It goes too low tier wise with the +/-2 MM.  Freeze radar at 7 and up only and then open the WT mode.  A dreadnought mode for WW1.  It's no fun being half in and half out of the 1960's every night.....

WG could also expand into the further future and give us Gauss/rail, drone and laser technologies and get into the Science-Fiction realm of naval warfare.....  Why not?  The entire game is make believe anyway !!

Bad idea modern missile cruisers would be the end of the game as we know it... As long as they aren't fighting ww2 ships that would be ok.

[EQRN]
Members
721 posts
10,253 battles

Was it last year they said they planned on 4 releases, and we got 3?  Unless you count finishing the Akizuki line.  Maybe the cv rework effectively consumed the resources needed for a fourth release.  Long story short, they've announced the next two which should cover the first half of the year, maybe longer if there is only one release after that.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,154 posts
10,135 battles

Fricken sharks with fricken laserbeams

oops I hope I didn't break NDA

[-GDP-]
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Can’t wait to try out Russian BBs. 

[S0L0]
Members
993 posts
5,306 battles
17 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

PanAm probably has enough destroyer designs to make a tree, but nothing at all has been said except for forum members' very detailed (and in some cases quite justifiable) hopes and dreams. Hopefully they can find enough that were designed and built for the nations concerned, rather than being hand-me-downs, otherwise it's just going to be Pan-Asia all over again with different ships and nobody will care. If that were the case, I would rather see effort put into the South American dreadnoughts, even if they all have to be T4 to T6 premiums.

There will be some components that can be reused, but even the clone hulls will have a distinct playstyle from their parent ships. Given the general national flavor of epic AA, it would be a good fit when the initial CV rework fireworks fade. That being said, the amount of modeling required, never mind balancing, means I doubt there will be a full line this year. Maybe a premium DD or two. The ARA Mendoza can be kitbashed from pre-modeled components. Chile's Almirante class DD would be a good higher tier premium, but I think the market for ~100mm super dakka dakka boats is pretty saturated right now.

If it weren't for the Dreadnought, I'd suggest HMS Agincourt/Rio de Janerio as a twin bill release a la Boise/ Nueve de Julio. On the other hand, perhaps RN battleships are the new Russian armored cruisers...

Matt

[ARGSY]
Members
8,777 posts
5,911 battles
4 hours ago, mobryan said:

I'd suggest HMS Agincourt/Rio de Janerio as a twin bill release a la Boise/ Nueve de Julio.

No, you can't have Agincourt/Rio, because the ship never served in the Brazilian Navy; the Brazilians defaulted on her before completion.

Almirante Latorre/Canada is what you want, for Chile, as that ship DID serve in the RN before being handed over to her original customer after the war.  She wasn't decommissioned until 1958, which probably makes her the longest-serving Dreadnought battleship in history.

[T-RIP]
Members
1,595 posts
8,995 battles
6 hours ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Probably these.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXYq-3ckkaHWCZaaDcj-v

I remember seeing those, that's the new Somali Pirate line, those are skiffs that carry the devastating RPG's and long ladders. :Smile_trollface: 

Members
34 posts
7,704 battles

WG never duplicates type of lines in one year. We know British Cv's is on the way, also Russian BB's, so if they introduce another line it will be destroyers or cruisers. 

They have to complete French nation  tree with DD's, that's a posibility. Otherwise they could begin Italian tree with cruisers.

[S0L0]
Members
993 posts
5,306 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, you can't have Agincourt/Rio, because the ship never served in the Brazilian Navy; the Brazilians defaulted on her before completion.

Almirante Latorre/Canada is what you want, for Chile, as that ship DID serve in the RN before being handed over to her original customer after the war.  She wasn't decommissioned until 1958, which probably makes her the longest-serving Dreadnought battleship in history.

Lattore is not the dreadnought I am looking for.

Besides not having nearly the elan of Agincourt/Rio, it would open up a hole in the BB tech tree.

It's not like there isn't plenty of precedent for uncompleted ships in this game.

Matt