tomsk

The Last stage of Prinz Eitel Friedrich event

37 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
9 posts

Hello,

I just wonder, how many missions (I know that for stages 1-3 it is 6 missions) I have to complete in the last stage of Prinz Eitel Friedrich event? There are only War Economy missions for every nation (you have to earn 4m credits), so it means that I have to complete 6x War Economy (so 6x4m credits)? I don't have a Prinz Eitel Friedrich yet.

I have to write to Support, because in General Game Discussion it says (which is not true, I play WoWs everyday):

You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

[USCC2]
Members
4,542 posts

You need to complete 6 of the missions.

If you have the PEF it will do 5 of the missions at the same time, leaving only one other nation mission to complete.

Beta Testers
9 posts
10 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

You need to complete 6 of the missions.

If you have the PEF it will do 5 of the missions at the same time, leaving only one other nation mission to complete.

As I said, I don't have a PEF, how can I have it, if this event is for getting it?

So it looks like without PEF, it is impossible to do it.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,185 posts
13,636 battles
7 minutes ago, tomsk said:

So it looks like without PEF, it is impossible to do it.

Not true. I did it in one day and earned PEF. You have almost two weeks to do it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
9 posts
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Not true. I did it in one day and earned PEF. You have almost two weeks to do it.

4m for every nation? Problem is that I have V+ rank only with Japan, German and Brits.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,185 posts
13,636 battles
7 minutes ago, tomsk said:

4m for every nation?

Yes. I bought a day of premium time and spammed high tier premium ships stacked with economy signals and took about 6 battles for each of the 6 nations, so 24 battles total. It can be done, it all just depends on how hard you're willing to work for it.

8 minutes ago, tomsk said:

Problem is that I have V+ rank only with Japan, German and Brits.

Then I guess you will have to work very hard.

The mission is a lot of work, no doubt, so you will have to make the choice; do you want to put in the effort for a mediocre free ship, or no. If not, you can choose to buy the ship with money instead, if you really want it.

You have 12 more days, IIRC.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
9 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Yes. I bought a day of premium time and spammed high tier premium ships stacked with economy signals and took about 6 battles for each of the 6 nations, so 24 battles total. It can be done, it all just depends on how hard you're willing to work for it.

Then I guess you will have to work very hard.

The mission is a lot of work, no doubt, so you will have to make the choice; do you want to put in the effort for a mediocre free ship, or no. If not, you can choose to buy the ship with money instead, if you really want it.

You have 12 more days, IIRC.

Is PEF really good? Isn't Tirpitz better, for the money?

[HINON]
Supertester
20,185 posts
13,636 battles
3 minutes ago, tomsk said:

Is PEF really good? Isn't Tirpitz better, for the money?

PEF is decidedly mediocre. It's accurate and tanky with very good AA but the AP shells are quite bad and it really does not uptier very well. Tier for tier Tirpitz is a much better ship, even though she's not that great in the current meta either. Read Mouse's review for more information.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,941 posts
28,050 battles

You can also do it in Ops if you have a good team. Maximize for credits (camo, flags, premium, etc). Ops like Dynamo, with a good team, pay very well .

[T-RIP]
Members
1,592 posts
8,995 battles

I used the PEF in OPS last night twice and once in PVE and managed to get 1M out of the 3 games with all the fancy flags.

Raptor rescue is almost a perfect OP's for this ship, it's slow paced so the PEF can more than keep up, and lots of ships to shoot at, and the PEF absolutely wrecks planes.

Getting a good team...... that can be a problem, however it's a well known OP, so for the most part, many know what to do and stick to the objective.

[USCG]
Members
309 posts
14,115 battles

IF you buy the PEF in the premium shop (something like $32.00 US) AND you complete the missions/win the ship you will get your purchase price back in doubloons (6,800).  This is what I did/am doing.  I can always use the doubloons and I finished the other two campaigns/missions/challenges that you needed the PEF in the beginning to get started.

Is the PEF worth $32.00?  I thought so, again, mostly to get a jump on the other two PEF related missions.  I've had some good games in her and some not so good.  I made her a secondary build and dropped my Bismarck captain on her.  She can be fun in up close battles!  She reminds me more of Scharnhorst than a standard German BB.  AP is strong against cruisers (especially up close!) but does next to nothing against other BBs.  I find her main guns to be meh but secondaries are good as is her AA.  If only she had torps...

• Cool 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

I did the French battle using JUST the Jean Bart with credit flags ... I got the 4 million in about 4 hours.

Then I got tired due to the cancer pills and took a rest, I was hoping to get the US line done as well, but I think that will carry on through to tomorrow.

I find if you do one nation at a time you wont get discouraged at how slowly the bar climbs... it will, in fact, seem to go quite fast.

And never quit... if, like me, its taken you lots and lots of effort to get this far, then quitting is a big mistake.

The WoWs staff may be misguided about the CV rework (he says in jest) but they are not, as far as i know, into S&M ... meaning, the competitions are doable... they wont make it impossible and watch you jump through all the hoops with smiles on their faces.... well.... no, I'm sure they are not that evil.

I'm still doing it but not really sure why, most CC's agree the ship is a little bit of a dud. Maybe I like the challenge, it can stay in my fleet museum as a curiosity.... next to the October Revolution I hope to buy after I get the Salem.

GOOD LUCK.... and if you need encouragement or advice, chat me in game.... we could even div up and increase our credit take. :)

Members
4,268 posts

Its doable, I'm not superman when it comes to playing games but I'm 4.6 million in of 24 million needed after one day.

It does help to play higher tier games as they generally earn more credits.

[TCNNA]
Members
502 posts
13,610 battles

In coop i got 4 mill. With loyang and two economic flags (+20 +50) for every battle. Need 17 battles. Regards

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
328 posts
2 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

I did the French battle using JUST the Jean Bart with credit flags ... I got the 4 million in about 4 hours.

Then I got tired due to the cancer pills and took a rest, I was hoping to get the US line done as well, but I think that will carry on through to tomorrow.

I find if you do one nation at a time you wont get discouraged at how slowly the bar climbs... it will, in fact, seem to go quite fast.

And never quit... if, like me, its taken you lots and lots of effort to get this far, then quitting is a big mistake.

The WoWs staff may be misguided about the CV rework (he says in jest) but they are not, as far as i know, into S&M ... meaning, the competitions are doable... they wont make it impossible and watch you jump through all the hoops with smiles on their faces.... well.... no, I'm sure they are not that evil.

I'm still doing it but not really sure why, most CC's agree the ship is a little bit of a dud. Maybe I like the challenge, it can stay in my fleet museum as a curiosity.... next to the October Revolution I hope to buy after I get the Salem.

GOOD LUCK.... and if you need encouragement or advice, chat me in game.... we could even div up and increase our credit take. :)

That's a great attitude. +10 and offering to help other players is also a great gesture on your part. +20.. Yeah and even if she's winds up in the port museum it's still a premium ships and adding her to the collection is plus.

Cheers!  <o,

• Cool 1

Members
4,268 posts
2 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

I can't play one ship over and over again.  So I swap between nations each battle.

[TDG]
Members
1,575 posts
7,203 battles

If I don't get sunk, I continue to play the ship until I reach the objective.

When I get sunk, I move to the next ship in my list.

Current top three on that list are Prinz Eitel FriedrichMissouri, and Musashi.

I dusted off a bunch of Steel-rewarding Snowflakes first, but I have ~500K credits from PEF (a few more for Germany from the Snowflake removal), and about 1 million from the Missouri battle (and a bit more as before for the US).

I hope to make better progress in my next session.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
13 hours ago, Wowzery said:

I can't play one ship over and over again.  So I swap between nations each battle.

No one said it was easy... but the good thing is, I learnt a lot about the JB that will help in the future.

If you end up behind a ship in the Jean Bart, then they have stuff all guns to aim... you have 8 to fire at them. ESPECIALLY if you're behind another Jean Bart

The trick is to turn when they turn and not allow them to bring all guns to face you, BUT, even then, depending on the ship, you get citadel hits galore. :)

Edited by kiwi1960

[TEXAN]
Members
1 post
4,100 battles

I agree,  it is a heck of a grind!  But it we want to get it for free (as do I) that's the unfortunate price we have to play. I am not defending Wargaming, I  just understand it from their point of view.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
52 minutes ago, chuckybaby007 said:

I agree,  it is a heck of a grind!  But it we want to get it for free (as do I) that's the unfortunate price we have to play. I am not defending Wargaming, I  just understand it from their point of view.

yes, it keeps us off the streets... idle hands are the Devils workforce.... or words to that effect.

:)

Members
121 posts
12,628 battles

The general consensus above seems to be saying "just buy the ship, it's so much easier".  Well, I for one don't have the spare jake to buy a ship so I can complete the missions to get the ship for free.  The only reason I'm even trying at this point - and I doubt I will make it - is to get the steel from the Combat Mission once I get the ship.  Doing the first 3 directives was pretty easy, since there was no choice but to work on them until the next one was available.  But I'm not always able to be online, and not always able to do Randoms (see Kiwi's profile above and substitute pancreatic for lung).  Co-op allows me to play at a relatively easy pace (and do the daily mission chains) whereas Randoms add a level of stress I'm not comfortable with now - for example hitting the 'S' key instead of turning is a daily occurrence for me, and in co-op it doesn't matter nearly as much if you screw up or fail to make a significant contribution.  On the downside, you make a lot less in the way of credits, unless you use lots of signal flags - and I'm nearly out of the right ones.  For the last 2 years I've managed to budget some money to spend on Santa crates, but this year I got either camo (with no credit multiplier) but no Wyvern flags, which would have been ideal.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks with similar situations to mine who either can't or won't just buy the ship and be done with it.  After all, yes - you get the value of the ship back in doubloons - but you can't spend doubloons on groceries or prescriptions.  And yeah, it's a new year and Medicare costs are always significantly higher at the start of the year.  So even less money to spend on non-essentials for lots of folks.  I've noticed that there are a lot of people my age (60) playing this game, and online games in general - and plenty of us are disabled in one way or another, or at least 'slowed-down from previous years' if you will.  I'm certainly not saying WG should change the way they did this event - after all, it IS supposed to be a challenge, and if we were all supposed to get the ship then we would all get the ship.  I just wanted to offer an alternative point of view based on what's been said above about buying the ship versus trying to get it via the event.  It's frustrating in its own way, but I'm not giving up yet.  I haven't gone the Operation route yet - it's a good idea that I just didn't think of - so there's a chance you might see me fumbling about in the new BB (not gonna try to spell it) before this is all over.

Good luck, everybody else!!

(sound byte of screeching brakes, or record scratch, or choose your own) - I saw someone mention this in-game the other day and it didn't register, but I just noticed kiwi mentioning it again up above -

Do you really get more credits in a battle if you're in a division?!?  3+ years and so, so many battles - and I never knew that.  Is it true??

I'm also noticing that the Campaign, which requires the Prinz Eitel, has 10 days left, whereas the Combat Mission, which also requires the Prinz Eitel, has 13 days left.  I know we can double up (once we get the ship), but couldn't the deadlines at least match up?  One would assume the Campaign takes longer than the mission.

Edited by ThatSinkingFeeling
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
115 posts
6,269 battles
33 minutes ago, Ice_Queen said:

What is the last date of this event? so I know until when I have to complete it. Or atleast try.... :)

"Imperial Treasury" Directive

image.png.cbdb8fabbfac2c18f5debee402985702.png
Start: Thu. Jan. 10 3:20 AM PT / your local time: Thu. Jan. 10 6:20 AM
End: Tue. Jan. 22 3:20 AM PT / your local time: Tue. Jan. 22 6:20 AM

Upon completing all combat missions of the fourth Directive, you can earn:

• 4,400,000 credits
  • 500 Steel
  • flag_Germany.png premium.png VI Prinz Eitel Friedrich and a Commander with 3 skill points

Members
3 posts
9 minutes ago, JBR40 said:

"Imperial Treasury" Directive

image.png.cbdb8fabbfac2c18f5debee402985702.png
Start: Thu. Jan. 10 3:20 AM PT / your local time: Thu. Jan. 10 6:20 AM
End: Tue. Jan. 22 3:20 AM PT / your local time: Tue. Jan. 22 6:20 AM

Upon completing all combat missions of the fourth Directive, you can earn:

• 4,400,000 credits
  • 500 Steel
  • flag_Germany.png premium.png VI Prinz Eitel Friedrich and a Commander with 3 skill points

Thanks!