Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jorge_W_Bush

Beat this! 1 hit, 1 torp, 235 damage, sunk 2 high tier ship

13 comments in this topic

[SNK]
Members
7 posts

I declare myself the new champion of smart play and efficiency!  (Just don't call me lucky).

1 hit, 1 torp, 235 damages.  Sunk 1 T10 DD, and 1 T9 BB.

Proof attached.

235.2.jpg

235.3.jpg

Edited by Jorge_W_Bush

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,089 posts
16,435 battles
7 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Kill stealing ?

In my book, it's not.  It's ensuring that ship gets sunk and doesn't get away to heal up and come bite your team in the butt later on.

In the past I've seen a ship that looks like it should die any second now, and I switch to something else.  1 minute later that f--ker is still around and got away.  Or maybe it lived long enough to send one more gun salvo that citadels me, or one more torp salvo to torp me or someone else.  Or the absolute worst case, a DD gets away and goes back into stealth.  Then you got something like a Shimakaze, Fletcher, Chung Mu or some other dangerous Torpedo Destroyer on low HP and Adrenaline Rush shortening that Torp Reload timer even more.

An enemy Torpedo DD with 1 HP left, AR kicking in, undetected is one of the worst things your team has to deal with.  Even if I play a Des Moines trying to chase down a near-dead, stealthy Torp DD, that brings a lot of pucker factor.  Those torps will be reloading very quickly.  Imagine if such a near-dead DD is running wild on your team's Battleships.  Seen it happen too many times and it gets ugly.  Even Conqueror is 100% helpless in such a scenario.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SNK]
Members
7 posts

Well said, HazeGrayUnderway.

CV couldn't finish the job on DD, and my 10.5 km torp got him just he started to celebrate surviving the dive bombers.

My kill is like stake to the heart, you need that final nail.  I just curious to see anyone can beat this score (it won't be easy to replicate in a normal setting with real play situation).

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,089 posts
16,435 battles
55 minutes ago, Jorge_W_Bush said:

Well said, HazeGrayUnderway.

CV couldn't finish the job on DD, and my 10.5 km torp got him just he started to celebrate surviving the dive bombers.

My kill is like stake to the heart, you need that final nail.  I just curious to see anyone can beat this score (it won't be easy to replicate in a normal setting with real play situation).

It's real easy to get "It's only a Flesh Wound" badge.  Most of the time it's possible because you weren't put down quickly enough.

[INTEL]
Members
9,528 posts
27,165 battles

Dude, why did you stop. you could have had a kraken with under 1,000 total damage!

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
715 posts
6,124 battles

Nice work, would have been good for a third for a 1 hp ram to secure 3 kills!

[ARGSY]
Members
8,759 posts
5,911 battles
6 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

In my book, it's not.  It's ensuring that ship gets sunk and doesn't get away to heal up and come bite your team in the butt later on.

It varies. Sometimes it really is stealing; someone else has done all the work, possibly even losing their ship in the process, and what should have been their Flesh Wound, Dev Strike or epic takedown of a higher-tier enemy becomes another player's easy score. I tend to call stealing when I have been keeping up constant fire on an opponent, when the next salvo was almost certainly lethal or the torpedoes had almost arrived, and then a player who wasn't even shooting at the target for the last minute OR taking fire from it slips in and snags it. (That being said, if I had been in desperate straits and couldn't have sunk it fast enough to save myself, then I will thank the team-mate for their assistance.)

On the other hand, I've seen enemy ships go behind a rock on nearly zero health and then a team-mate finishes them off. Fair enough on that one - I wouldn't have been able to get the next hit in anyway.

In Ranked and Clan battles, and in the more difficult scenarios, I don't really care - the emphasis there really is on the whole team working to get enemy ships off the board. I played Newport a couple of times recently and I didn't care who finished off weakened enemies while I was reloading.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
439 posts
4,471 battles
7 hours ago, Jorge_W_Bush said:

I declare myself the new champion of smart play and efficiency!  (Just don't call me lucky).

1 hit, 1 torp, 235 damages.  Sunk 1 T10 DD, and 1 T9 BB.

Proof attached.

235.2.jpg

235.3.jpg

That has to be a record of some type.

Congrats.

[INTEL]
Members
1,147 posts
9,444 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

In the past I've seen a ship that looks like it should die any second now, and I switch to something else.  1 minute later that f--ker is still around and got away.  Or maybe it lived long enough to send one more gun salvo that citadels me, or one more torp salvo to torp me or someone else.  Or the absolute worst case, a DD gets away and goes back into stealth.  Then you got something like a Shimakaze, Fletcher, Chung Mu or some other dangerous Torpedo Destroyer on low HP and Adrenaline Rush shortening that Torp Reload timer even more.

An enemy Torpedo DD with 1 HP left, AR kicking in, undetected is one of the worst things your team has to deal with.  Even if I play a Des Moines trying to chase down a near-dead, stealthy Torp DD, that brings a lot of pucker factor.  Those torps will be reloading very quickly.  Imagine if such a near-dead DD is running wild on your team's Battleships.  Seen it happen too many times and it gets ugly.  Even Conqueror is 100% helpless in such a scenario.

Or the cruiser that is within a few HP of being dead and goes dark.  Then slinks away and heals.  That frustrates me to no end.

Sign in to follow this