You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vestroia

JESUS !!!, Imperator Nikolai (what a ship !)

17 comments in this topic

[SRM]
Members
8 posts
1,226 battles

I NOW KNOW THE REASON WHY THIS SHIP WAS IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FROM THE STORE , the only way i died was for the enemy team to ram me and they did, none of them could pen me . 

lucky to be one of the few owners of this ship.QShDW8f.jpg

gBz4uzY.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
328 posts

Stronk ship Comrad. Stalinium rounds for everyone. !!!!! Lol.

• Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
671 posts
2,719 battles

I've had a lot of fun in mine as well, although I don't take it out much, its sorta crazy for that tier.    It is a giant slug though.

[RLGN]
Members
9,619 posts
19,093 battles

Only ship I got from Christmas containers this year, (I usually get several,) and the last of the old premiums I still wanted...

(...well; Kitakami; but I guess you can’t have everything.)

A slug, as was said; but a slug with a shotgun if you’re patient and plan your movement and turret facing wisely.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
4,269 posts

I played it before T4 was protected.  It regularly saw T6, nothing like slugging it out with a T6 BB or knife-fighting a DD in it.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,747 posts
14,202 battles

its awesome...but be thee ware...…...a double CV game...I got lucky and had a double cv game against a triple Nikolai Div. It was a full on dead horse kicking contest.....

[RLGN]
Members
9,619 posts
19,093 battles
7 minutes ago, Abides said:

its awesome...but be thee ware...…...a double CV game...I got lucky and had a double cv game against a triple Nikolai Div. It was a full on dead horse kicking contest.....

Yeah, driving a Bogue and a Nikolai shows up; like throwing a raw steak down in front of a hungry dog... (unless it has a yapping Chihuahua friend named Nicholas or Yūbari...)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[NET]
Beta Testers
469 posts
4,146 battles

very easy to penn if you can get its sides, only strong from the front.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
715 posts
6,124 battles

This boat is fun to play. 

With the cv rework im looking forward to the animation of a captain firing his pistol as the AA for this boat. 

Nice game OP its very much worth playing

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
3,544 posts
1,677 battles
1 hour ago, _greifer_Africanus said:

This boat is fun to play. 

With the cv rework im looking forward to the animation of a captain firing his pistol as the AA for this boat. 

Nice game OP its very much worth playing

It will take those tier IV CVs about a week to grind down without torpedoes.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,090 posts
16,435 battles

I remember in around early 2016, I was playing New Mexico.  This was the old MM and Tier IV wasn't protected.  I encountered a Tier IV Imp.Nikolai and it hammered the living hell out of my Tier VI NM.

It was angled and I couldn't Overmatch with my 356mm guns.  So AP against the hull just bounced.

The Imp.Nik player wasn't stupid and wouldn't give me a broadside.

There is little to no Superstructure to speak of.  A trick I do with BBs is aim at the base of the superstructure against an angled BB, but that doesn't work against Imp.Nik.

I was forced to fire HE and settle for lower damage output against it, relying on fires.

In return, Imp.Nik. remained angled and AP'd the living hell out of my New Mexico with accurate, powerful gunfire.  I lost this fight.

1 hour ago, motaz87 said:

very easy to penn if you can get its sides, only strong from the front.

That is true with every Battleship, even GK.

But you put a smart player in Imp.Nikolai that applies "Fundamentals of Battleship Survival 101" combined with her accurate gunfire and no superstructure to aim for, she's an overpowering opponent for other BBs she encounters now, especially since she no longer has the prospect of facing Warspites and such.

The changes to give Tier IV MM protection was a massive buff to Imperator Nikolai that as a Tier IV BB, already could spank the sh*t out of many Tier VI Battleships, much less the many POS Tier IV BBs like Wyoming, Myogi, etc. that can't hit an island that they're parked next to.  All while they will easily be hit and penned by Imperator Nikolai.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[XBRTC]
Members
2,437 posts
8,474 battles

I've been having a lot of fun with her. I'm 13 and 3, and 2 krakens out of 16 total fights.

image.png.003b38ada9f38e37ea2279df6f38c3fc.png

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
601 posts
13,091 battles

Dude once you get over a 100 games in her, the MM is ruthless, constant 2 enemy CVs matches 4 of every 5 games, initial map positioning is also much to be desired, they make stronk ship and then MM nerfs you.

Members
808 posts
9,369 battles

I picked it up in a Christmas crate this year.  I played a few a games but have limited play time and have been playing a lot of ranked blitz recently.  Still an awesome ship.

[KNMSU]
Members
4,850 posts
5,118 battles

I honestly believe that - for tier - Giulio Cesare is the more powerful battleship. Now, granted, Giulio has to fight tier 7s. But the combination of high pen, accuracy, stupidly good agility, and - above all else - cruiser-like stealth really make her a contender for best ship in the game. I feel a bit like Nikolai's weaknesses show any time she has to face a carrier... or newer tier 5 BBs.