You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IcyThor

Krasny Krym

11 comments in this topic

[DONUT]
Members
438 posts
6,100 battles

I won the Krasny Krym in a contest and never played it.  Now its the only USSR ship I have for the Fredrich mission to earn 4,000,000 credits.  I have a 10 point captain.  Any suggestions how to use his skills?  Which are the best upgrades?  I studied the ship and everything needs an upgrade.  :)

Icy

[HYDRO]
Members
2,414 posts
4,288 battles

Since you benefit from smaller caliber weapons you could go for something more akin to a VMF DD for the 3 and 4 point skills, namely BFT and AFT. A more conventional build would be a pretty standard PT, AR, DE, IFHE or CE. Keep in mind that with IFHE you are able to overmatch with HE any ship you encounter since the extremity limit is 25mm.

[RLGN]
Members
9,611 posts
19,084 battles
10 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

PT, AR, BFT for the first 6 points. Then AFT, and IFHE or CE.

Why not both? (IFHE, CE.)

...but then I kind of cheat and use my 19 point Groz driver... (who also has RPF.)

Play it like a Podviosky with a citadel and do just fine with it. Never have understood why players dislike The Donut so much.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,486 posts
15,773 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Never have understood why players dislike The Donut so much.

Because, unlike you, most players DO NOT excel at playing unpopular ships?

• Funny 1

[WOLFA]
Members
611 posts
3,871 battles

I use my Minsk captain in the Donut ship and if I remember his skills are:

PR AR BFT AFT and CE. Having 16.8 km guns is pretty hilarious on a tier 5 cruiser.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,111 posts
14,998 battles

You only have the Krispy Krym to grind out the USSR 4 million Credit mission!?!?!?!?!?!

:Smile_amazed:

May RNG have Mercy on your Soul. 

[DONUT]
Members
438 posts
6,100 battles

Thx everyone for all your input.  I went with PT, AR, BFT and IFHE.  After many mistakes I learned to drive her like a BB.  I will go 1 on 1 with a BB but try to avoid duels with CL and DD because they have too much speed.  If I am in a cluster of friendly ships, I can use artillery to set fires.  She has a rapid rate of fire so I keep her guns busy.  Her torps are 5km range so the few times I have used them it has been because I got too close and I am about to die.  I am halfway to the 4 million credits.  She is a decent ship but I would not want to drive her in ranked battles. 

Icy

[TCNNA]
Members
502 posts
13,607 battles

In co-op is a fun ship to run. Beware of super aim of bot BB at tier 6+ on

[5IN]
Members
1,960 posts
9,086 battles

I was graced with a SC containing a Krasny Krym on Saturday.  Not super excited, but at least I won't (likely) get it in the future from any crates I purchase.

B