You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

The Anime Hipper Capt - Please SHUT UP! LOL

65 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
7,565 posts
13,064 battles

Ok so I ended up taking my Admiral Hipper Capt and put it on Roon when I recently go it for the Steel (decided to keep it - had bypassed it right to Hindenburg a long time ago). So AH was in need of a Capt. Had the 10pt Hipper anime girl Capt I won a while back so figured why not. OMG it NEVER shuts up! It sounds like a little girl's slumber party the entire time you play.  I know I can shut it off, and will, but I was just surprised at how chatty she is. I don't generally run anime Capt's and just leave them in Reserves but put this one on and wow. LOL.  I thought the Nelson chick was talkative. She is like a Nun who has taken a vow of silence compared to the Hipper one.:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[HINON]
Supertester
20,188 posts
13,643 battles

Try a British one on Minotaur ...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,036 posts
2,870 battles

There is a selection that changes the captain to a traditional historical one..  My admiral Hipper was magically turned into an old German dude!    Much better.   At work right now so i can't tell you where that is.  Somewhere on the port screen settings?    Maybe someone can chime in.   

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
188 posts
10,969 battles

:cap_haloween:Thanks for the laugh. One of the ARP ones, I don't remember which,  goes absolutely crazy when there is a fire onboard.  

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,105 posts
5,035 battles

Yeah, out of the Azur Lane captains Hipper is the most annoying. It's just part of her character trope, which is to be a permanently pissed off, angry tsundere.

I got used to her. Or more likely I'm usually concentrating so much on the match that her voice simply no longer registers in my mind.

[PVE]
Members
7,565 posts
13,064 battles
2 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

There is a selection that changes the captain to a traditional historical one..  My admiral Hipper was magically turned into an old German dude!    Much better.   At work right now so i can't tell you where that is.  Somewhere on the port screen settings?    Maybe someone can chime in.   

Oh I know how to do it. I just didn't know she was one of "those" Capt's. It will be turned off before next game with it LOL.

[PVE]
Members
7,565 posts
13,064 battles
2 minutes ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

:cap_haloween:Thanks for the laugh. One of the ARP ones, I don't remember which,  goes absolutely crazy when there is a fire onboard.  

This one does an opening monologue when the game starts for like 3 minutes it feels like and she also starts squawking every time you fire your guns. I swear they are almost reloaded before she shuts the F up! LOL.:Smile_sad:

:Smile_veryhappy:

Members
1,595 posts
47 battles

>doesnt like anime voiceovers

>does not disable them in settings

>complains about hearing them in-game

:cap_book:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 5

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,291 posts

I tend to not notice her until she's literally talking all the way back to port after the battle ends if I hit "return to port" right away.

Port is loading, and she's still talking. 

More funny than annoying, most of the time.

[EQRN]
Members
724 posts
10,259 battles

Have you tried the cat captain?  I get there is a crowd for squeaky teen girls but what the actual fsck are those sounds the cat makes?

[-BUI-]
Members
680 posts
2,728 battles

I just wish the Japanese girls were available for JAPANESE ships....I don't need any more Japanese Girl captains for my German ships, I have enough, thanks.

• Cool 1

[_-_]
Members
1,636 posts

I'm looking forward to hearing my HSF Harekaze captain go mechakucha when I plug her into the Mikasa and autopilot her into secondary YOLO runs in Co-op. Banzai! :Smile_izmena:

• Boring 1

[SPTR]
Members
2,162 posts
970 battles
Just now, Zenn3k said:

I just wish the Japanese girls were available for JAPANESE ships....I don't need any more Japanese Girl captains for my German ships, I have enough, thanks.

This I second. With all the hype Akagi and Kaga get from the game itself, you'd think that they would add some for Japanese ships...where I actually need high point captains.

[LEGIT]
Members
856 posts
7,234 battles

You guys try Aurora VMF captain on grozovoi... Its CONSTANT HICC UP WHEN SHE FIRES

[RLGN]
Members
9,632 posts
19,108 battles
26 minutes ago, Lert said:

Try a British one on Minotaur ...

Or ARP Ashigara on anything that burns a lot...

[SPTR]
Members
2,162 posts
970 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

I remember doing this...it was, well, interesting.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,006 posts
20 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I tend to not notice her until she's literally talking all the way back to port after the battle ends if I hit "return to port" right away.

Port is loading, and she's still talking. 

More funny than annoying, most of the time.

At one time, I had my wife and 3 teenage daughters.  Female prattle, I can filter out...

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
1,086 posts
7,346 battles

I actually like the ARP Capt....

especially Ashigara here crazy [edited]voice is more suited for the go kill nature of DD divers...screaming the whole way down.

Nachi and the rest of the ARP Myoko class Capt...oddly enough i have to of each of the including 2 ARP Hiei capt. and 2 ARP Takao Capt.  all of my extra Capt are on other DDs 

ARP Gonzo is on my Musashi

I401 Iona still needs a ship...but hope she will be in a sub... ^_^ 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,188 posts
13,643 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The Azur Lane girls say something every time you fire a full salvo. It's been a while since I used one of the ARP girls, but I don't think they say something every salvo?

Fun on Minotaur.

[PVE]
Members
7,565 posts
13,064 battles
27 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

>doesnt like anime voiceovers

>does not disable them in settings

>complains about hearing them in-game

:cap_book:

>NEVER said I disliked all anime voiceovers - that is you saying that not me

> Didn't know this Capt was going to be a talker or I would have

>Wasn't complaining about it. Was just having a fun post about it.

[RLGN]
Members
9,632 posts
19,108 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

The Azur Lane girls say something every time you fire a full salvo. It's been a while since I used one of the ARP girls, but I don't think they say something every salvo?

Fun on Minotaur.

Actually using my Azur Cleveland on Dallas because I never got along very well with Cleveland anyway, and now it’s Tier 8.

(Actually like Dallas; been having fun annoying people who think it’s easy to zot by dodging lots and starting fires...

...more fires in fact than my Cleveland ever seemed to start.)

[PVE]
Members
7,565 posts
13,064 battles
30 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Have you tried the cat captain?  I get there is a crowd for squeaky teen girls but what the actual fsck are those sounds the cat makes?

Sounds like burps or it is drowning to me LOL. It is my Shima Capt.

T7FTAnG.jpg

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,105 posts
5,035 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Sounds like burps or it is drowning to me LOL. It is my Shima Capt.

T7FTAnG.jpg

I have him as captain of my Musashi. What can possibly go wrong with a cat in charge?

Alpha Tester
7,112 posts
3,722 battles

I honestly just can't stand their voices at all, which is one of the reasons I can't stand a lot of anime.

It's basically a anime trope for all the girls to sound like Middle School tweens for some reason, and top it off with about 10 times the amount of squealing, and whiny noises you'd expect of someone that age in real life. It just makes them feel like overly stupid characters and grates on my brain. 

• Cool 2