You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UssIowaSailor

A way Wargaming can reuse the RTS interface and create a new game mode.

10 comments in this topic

Members
1,501 posts
10 battles

A lot of work went into developing the RTS element of CV play and it is a shame to see it wasted. Here is an idea for a new mode that could be used like a scheduled event.

The mode would be called clash of fleets, or Fleet Admiral battles. Something like that.

It would be 1v1 where each player builds a deck of 12 ships each. The even could be progressive where you have 50 Tiers in which to select 12 ships to in at 50 tiers or less. Get past that level and it is 60 tiers and so on. 

Players would strategically command their fleets from the RTS screen, they can group ships into divisions and assign them tasks. Tell the DD's to scout area X and what to do if they make contact. You could assign the cruisers to support the DD's and what to do if they make contact ot if they encounter a force superior, etc. You can drag a square around a group of ships by clicking the mouse and dragging the box over the ships and give a single command and all of them will follow the order. Basically it would be a Command and Conquer or League of Legends type of experience, a actual real time strategy game vs the daka daka click fest we have now. 

I for one would love a RTS version of this game where I could command fleets through drop down menus and mouse clicks. Sure RNG would still play a big part like it does now but I think in the long run the people who multitask better, can think strategically, and know what combinations of ships work better will win the vast majority of the games compared to lesser skilled players. 

Some of the positives would be a lot less salt, players only have themselves to blame for losing. If it was an event and a lot of people are participating, cue times would be pretty much instant. 

So just a out of the box thought of a new way to play ships that I came up with, what do you think community?

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
Members
2,623 posts
4,519 battles

might as well build an entirely different game at that point. Which I would not be against playing, would totally play the heck out of it; but it needs to be done by a company that knows how to do RTS games, and do it right, and not Wargaming.

Edited by Counter_Gambit
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Alpha Tester
7,112 posts
3,722 battles

Honestly, the RTS interface is pretty bad by RTS standards, and much too buggy on top of the animation disconnects.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,777 posts
13,616 battles

Yeah, building on the "RTS" control used in CVs would be a bad idea. Half the reason carriers were so broken is because the UI itself was laughably incompetent above 30-40 APM.

Members
1,501 posts
10 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Yeah, building on the "RTS" control used in CVs would be a bad idea. Half the reason carriers were so broken is because the UI itself was laughably incompetent above 30-40 APM.

Yea, I can visualize exactly what I would want. Trying to describe it, a different story. Basically a RTS version of this game with an efficient way to manage your fleet. It would be cool to see how people would build their deck of ships and how they employ them.

[SYN]
Members
15,010 posts
11,506 battles

good old afterimage bombers that weren't actually there when you go to strafe them

or the UI that would clonk out if you clicked too far to the edge

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts

the rts cv is total garbage it has the quAlity of a game of the 90s 

lets be real its crap thats why wargaming is scrapping it

Members
21,171 posts
5,686 battles
2 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

but it needs to be done by a company that knows how to do RTS games, and do it right, and not Wargaming.

I dunno, Pacific Storm wasn't bad, and Lesta did that what, 10+ years ago?

Members
21,171 posts
5,686 battles
2 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Yea, I can visualize exactly what I would want. Trying to describe it, a different story. Basically a RTS version of this game with an efficient way to manage your fleet. It would be cool to see how people would build their deck of ships and how they employ them.

You ever play Pacific Storm? It was RTS, and had campaign options, with research and upgrades for the units, on a map of the Pacific. You could build your fleets from available ships you had built.

There was even an expansion which added British and Germans.

Not as many ships though. Basically each ship type had an early and a late model, (Nagato and Yamato, or New Orleans and Baltimore for example) with upgrades for both.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,532 posts
23,423 battles

I haven't played much RTS, but I really enjoyed Sid Meier's Gettysburg.  Played the heck out of it and you could master most movement etc. through their tutorial scenario.  Seemed like an easy interface to use for some cool maneuvers.