You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Warped_1

A Kaga's Woe - T6 Planes v World of Musashis

10 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,472 posts
16,384 battles

Seriously WG, thanks for giving my Kaga one last week or two of hilarity before I sell her :D

Also, Kudos to my surviving teammates.  They held the SE corner with me and played very well.

image.thumb.png.861e735fd225572f5cf7b0ca8aa7c85c.png

image.thumb.png.d97d7b96afee39d378c6509bb4e7d134.png

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-K-]
Members
5,886 posts
10,020 battles

Wait, why would you consider selling Kaga, much less any other premium ship??

For all we know, Kaga could come back even stronger after the rework, depending on how rebalancing for T8 goes.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,472 posts
16,384 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

For all we know, Kaga could come back even stronger after the rework, depending on how rebalancing for T8 goes.

Not so much a matter of whether it is stronger; but whether I enjoy the game play.  I'm not a collector and I don't keep ships I don't play.  I don't like the new play mode so likely all my CVs are going on the block.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,974 posts
6,108 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Some people are so unimpressed with the rewrite that they are ditching their CV's free XP and ditching their prem CV's for dubloon refund.

It is most likely that T8 CV's will be gimped thanks to the often skewed T8MM that regularly faces T10 ships and the horrific AA they possess.

[TOG]
Members
3,179 posts
16,699 battles

If T7 CV's get bumped to T8 and only have T6 planes, T10 AA's will have a field day. BTW, what will they do with the T10 CV's? 

[-K-]
Members
5,886 posts
10,020 battles
9 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Not so much a matter of whether it is stronger; but whether I enjoy the game play.  I'm not a collector and I don't keep ships I don't play.  I don't like the new play mode so likely all my CVs are going on the block.

Understood.  I have a Saipan that I've never touched (came with a purchased bundle) that could net me some doubloons at some point.  But I'll wait to see how the CVs shake out on the live server before I pull the trigger on any sales.

7 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Some people are so unimpressed with the rewrite that they are ditching their CV's free XP and ditching their prem CV's for dubloon refund.

It is most likely that T8 CV's will be gimped thanks to the often skewed T8MM that regularly faces T10 ships and the horrific AA they possess.

Yeah, the +2/-2 tier spread for CVs will be interesting to see in terms of balancing.  Saipan loses its one major strength by losing its exit strafing ability, too.

[HINON]
Members
10,336 posts
23 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

If T7 CV's get bumped to T8 and only have T6 planes, T10 AA's will have a field day. BTW, what will they do with the T10 CV's? 

The planes will undoubtedly be rebalanced just like everything else in the rework.

[SYN]
Members
261 posts
10,562 battles

37 Torpedo hits.... nice game Warped - better keep her M8

Edited by 05Chopp
  • Cool 1

[BZERK]
Members
744 posts
3,689 battles

I've put up some decent numbers in the few games I played my Kaga; I'm trying to get improved fighters to make her better. But other than that, she's not too bad; in fact, my most damage in a CV was in her. I'm going to keep her when the rework drops, because she's such a good ship.