Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Duma

New York

10 comments in this topic

Members
51 posts
837 battles

I find that I love this gal.  Once she is elited and I move on.  I plan to keep her.  Just curious.  Has anyone else "kept" their New York as well?

[-K-]
Members
5,795 posts
9,827 battles

I have New York  in port, but haven't used her in ages.  She's been power crept to death over time and in my opinion, is by far the worst T5 battleship at this time (even after her recent mini-buffs).

Plus, when you have Texas to use as an alternative (especially with excessive amount of CVs at low tiers), there isn't much reason to use New York instead.

But I'm glad to see you're enjoying the ship.  She needs some love, as she is generally one of the most misplayed ships in the entire game.  New Mexico is significantly better than New York, however, so it will be interesting to see how your opinion differs later down the road.

Edited by Ace_04

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,603 battles

The Ny is better than the Texas in every way possible except 1, AA. Considering at T5 you will see CVs most matches makes her very strong. The recent buffs have made the NY very strong, the only issue is speed which any good player can work around

[-K-]
Members
5,795 posts
9,827 battles
2 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

The Ny is better than the Texas in every way possible except 1, AA. Considering at T5 you will see CVs most matches makes her very strong. The recent buffs have made the NY very strong, the only issue is speed which any good player can work around

I still think that her 31 second reload could use a bit of help, too.  A 28 or 29 second reload would be a nice quality of life improvement, considering her tech tree counterparts at T5.

[PVE]
Members
596 posts
5,222 battles

I sold all of the USN BBs below tier 8 as soon as I unlocked the next one. I just didn't like any of them enough to play them again.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,603 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I still think that her 31 second reload could use a bit of help, too.  A 28 or 29 second reload would be a nice quality of life improvement, considering her tech tree counterparts at T5.

Considering only Kongo barely out ranges and she had the highest penetrating guns for her tier (beating most at T6 mind you) and she brings 10 to the party, I consider 31 seconds a nice balance

Members
2,575 posts
3,565 battles

I didn't keep her, but I did like her a lot. She was a very reliable T5 for me.

[VW]
Members
2,189 posts
13,421 battles

Of course i kept her with the skull n bones camo. She’s slower than two old people fracking so i dont play her though

Edited by monpetitloup

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,413 posts
15,881 battles

Before the changes, NY's gunnery was fine.  The real problems she has to me is how slow she is, how that makes her an easy target to hit.  On top of that, she is exceedingly easy to Citadel.  Not as easy to Cit as a Kongo, but NY is d*mn squishy a.f.  The speed problem gets worse even more when you consider the more and more fast sailing Battleships that have been introduced over the years that are in NY's MM bracket.

The weak AA is a problem.  Before the CV Revamp, Tier V is right in the middle of seeing all the active CV tiers.  They can on occasion fight Tier IV.  Hosho & Langley will freely bomb NY with ease.  They also will face Tier VI-VII CVs.  With the CV Revamp, I expect there to be a big uptick of CVs in the queues.  Whether they are veteran CV players, former CV players trying out the new system, or brand new CV players curious to try them out.  Whether or not the spike of CVs last, I can't tell, but Tier V is going to be right in the middle of all that activity.  However for Tier V ships, the Revamp will remove Odd Tier CVs, so Bogue, Zuiho, Hiryu, Saipan, Ranger, Kaga are going away.  This leaves the Tier IV and VI CVs that NY can see.

Meanwhile Texas just keeps swatting planes.  For now.  We'll see how AA holds up after the CV Rework goes live.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this